Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm going to buy a Motorola RAZR - is this a MISTAKE ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Time for an upgrade. My Samsung has served me well, but I've got itchy fingers, and I want something a bit NEWER, with a camera and shit. I've seen a RAZR V3 thing in Phones4U for about £130. Its one of THESE
motorola_razr_v3.jpg

Except I think its the next one up, cos its all dark grey-purply type thing and its about £40 dearer than the older one for some reason. Not sure why, but it must have another knob or something. Anyway, the more I looked at it, the more I WANTED it. All advice will be ignored, cos I've gone and got a bee in my bonnet over it now, and will probably go out at 9am tomorrow to get it. But I thought it'd be rather rude not to at least consult the collective mindset of NSC first.

So, is it any GOOD ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
If you want to look like a hair dresser....
What is it with you and HAIRDRESSERS max.
I was mercilessly BERATED earlier this week for letting a woman cut my hair, and now I get another BROADSIDE over my phone.

:down:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I got one about 18 months (before every Tom, Dick and Harry got one). My colleage loudly berated me for getting a gay phone.

I think it's time to trade it in for something more masculine.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I know someone with one and they say that the battery is crap.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lammy, I fear you have misread the word MANS, and somehow replaced it with the word GEEKS.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just whatever you do don't get one of the new Nokia N73s.

I got a new contract when I got back to the UK and the 'salesman' told me this puppy was the mutts nuts (if you escuse the mixed dog metaphors, it is Friday).

Well sorry Mr Salesman but no it ain't. All the games which came with earlier 3G Nokias in Taiwan weren't on this UK version. The camera is great but it takes about 5 hours to work out how to use and store the damn thing. The Nokia menus are all moved. The button that controls cursor direction is too small meaning you often access the wrong option by mistake. But worse than that it's a PHONE and has rebooted itself during calls twice now. Arrrrrrgggh.

Still, at least it's not a BIRD'S PHONE :lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Wardywonderland said:
I know someone with one and they say that the battery is crap.

Nah, the battery is pretty good. But you do look, as Chappers says, like a hairdresser.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I have a V3i and I still love the way it slips into your pocket unnoticed, and you never feel a bulge. HOWEVER, if functionality is what you're after, I wouldn't bother as this phone has nothing else to recommend it whatsoever. The menus are slow and awkward, the text messaging is excruciatingly infuriating, the camera is shite, the battery isn't great, the Bluetooth is piss poor and half the buttons have stopped working on mine, after about 9 months of ownership.

I can't wait to get rid of the thing now. It does absolutely nothing bar make and receive calls and slip unnoticed into your pocket.

If you're just after something smooth and sleek I note that LG and Samsung have both recently jumped on board the slimline phone bandwagon with handsets that don't look half bad, and they're far more feature packed too.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
seven stands said:
i got a v3 which i upgraded over net to v3i. the battery is nackerd after year and a half and memory is too small for many videos ( think v3i has more memory). Apart from that not a bad little phone. http://www.motox.info/index.php? may help you.
f***ing hell. What kind of saddo posts regularly on a mobile phone messageboard ? Who ARE these people ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here