Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm Concerned For Gary Hart

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
While it is great news that we have two french players now in the squad, I fear the legend that is Gary Hart may struggle to get into the XI. Presumably Reid and Carole ahead of him now. Will he stay and fight for his place or end up at Orient on loan? He still can do a job for us and hopefully MM will have an idea.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It was bit sad not to see OGH on the bench on Tuesday but I do wonder whether has the ability for this division - even though he'll always give 100%

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
MM has said he wants 4 new players and that will mean 3 out.

Mccammon is one hopefully.

I don't think Mcphee is going to leave permanently, so who will the other two be?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
y2dave said:
El Abd? Didn't he have a scottish club after him last season?

Are you crazy?

We have no defenders whatsoever. El Abd is next in line at both centre half and full back.

He didn't necessarily say 3 would go permanently. A season loan like Molango is as good, if the wages are being paid for us. Expect McPhee to follow his loan at Aldershot with a longer loan elsewhere.

McGammon has played his last game and I agree probably one of the keepers - possibly let go altogether, if we end up with Blayney, FDM and the new Frenchie.

Love OGH. Great servant of the club, but not really convinced he can still do much of a job. If we had a bit more cash he's a player you would love to retain as cover on the right / up front, but we sinply can't afford to pay wages to players who are not going to make the squad.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
hans kraay fan club said:

Love OGH. Great servant of the club, but not really convinced he can still do much of a job. If we had a bit more cash he's a player you would love to retain as cover on the right / up front, but we sinply can't afford to pay wages to players who are not going to make the squad.

DK has shown loyalty to these players in the past and I wonder if he will do just that until OGH is due his testimonial. I think it has already been considered as when it was asked if we should wait to see the result of Falmer before giving Kerry his testimonial the answer was that there would be a possible clash with OGH's.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It's a shame bit since he brokehis leg he's not been up to it and even if he hadn't had that injury he's not good enough for this level of football.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Sooner keep Gary Hart and get rid of Alexis Nicolas.

OGH has a knack of spurring the side on. Not necessarily that outstandingly gifted, but industrious, and able to harry oppositions into mistakes.

imho, not the sort of player to think of putting to pasture, and not with the lack of inspirational players that we have at present.

We would have to have a surplus of talent to be able to dispense with a bloke like Hart.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Uncle Buck said:
Well it is lucky that you have no say in team affairs then.

It's a bit of an either or situation. The two players aren't that similar though. Harty is more of an attacking player than Nicolas. It really depends on what formation MM decides to play.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
Well it is lucky that you have no say in team affairs then.

You beat me to it.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Percy has had a problem with Nicolas ever since we signed him. Maybe he's Turkish Cypriot?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
bhaexpress said:
It's a bit of an either or situation. The two players aren't that similar though. Harty is more of an attacking player than Nicolas. It really depends on what formation MM decides to play.

But with Nicolas, you have to presume that his time will come. Both Oatway and Carpenter are now the wrong side of 30 and cannot go on forever, Nicolas is about 21.

Hart must be pushing 30 (?), not sure as he has been here for so long. I guess if the squad is going to evolve as McGhee has stated, more quality will be looked for and people like Hart might be viewed as natural wastage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here