Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm Concerned For Gary Hart

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
Percy has had a problem with Nicolas ever since we signed him. Maybe he's Turkish Cypriot?

Percy's problem is Percy

...and Nicolas is a Greek Cypriot (born in London wasn't he?).

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Harty is worth keeping if he can keep his fitness to the levels it was at when the season ended, he is a good squad player for us, and he gives us a different style, such as he runs at people and provides width.

Untill we replace that aspect of his game with someone else, then he is worth keeping.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
im not concerned at all. As has always been said, Harty always seems to force his way back in. He will not be as regular but he will be on the bench more often than not. MM knows what he got in harty

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Do we have such a large squad that we need to be shipping out the likes of Hart, I'm not sure so sure.
I agree with UB about Hart being the sort of player vunerable to squad improvement. You can't fault him for effort but McGhee isn't going to take the team to the next level with him in the team. That's for next year though surely and why would Mcghee offer him a new contract in May if he's gonna ship him out in August?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Seagullible said:
Thinking about it Harty is the perfect squad player. Very loyal and doesn't throw toys out of the pram when he's dropped. Always know you can rely on him.

Reading about OGH recently shows that he loves life as a professional footballer compared to earning a living as a forklift driver. He loves what he does and is a role model to the youngsters coming through the ranks.

Worth more-imho-than the likes of Rio Ferdinand et al who are nothing but money grabbing twats.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Don't think Hart will go at all, McGhee knows he is a 100% player who won't rock any boats and has proved he can make an impact at this level.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Gary Hart made the winner at Bramall Lane last season. Without it?

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
He can still do a job for us, but he really has to made the position his own or else, he may be gone @ the end of the season. espaecially as Carole has signed

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
perseus said:
Gary Hart made the winner at Bramall Lane last season. Without it?

He made the 1st a great tackle, and ran with ball then to knight then chippy wooooohoooo 1-0

sorry got carried away

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It will be a shame if Hart has to leave but we are not a charity and if he is not going to play often then we cannot afford to pay his wages out of sentimentality.

Tries his best but is just not good enough at this level.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Richie Morris said:
It will be a shame if Hart has to leave but we are not a charity and if he is not going to play often then we cannot afford to pay his wages out of sentimentality.

Tries his best but is just not good enough at this level.

What he said.

Voroshilov said:
Do we have such a large squad that we need to be shipping out the likes of Hart, I'm not sure so sure.
I agree with UB about Hart being the sort of player vunerable to squad improvement. You can't fault him for effort but McGhee isn't going to take the team to the next level with him in the team. That's for next year though surely and why would Mcghee offer him a new contract in May if he's gonna ship him out in August?

The difference is that in May we didn't have the extra cash from the transfers. If we now have the money to improve the quality of the team from that May prognosis, then that's got to be good news. It may take time for McGhee to find these extra 4 players that he is talking about, so those 3 that he is also talking about offloading may be needed for a little while yet, given our relatively small squad.

The signing of Carole certainly puts OGH under pressure. What's happening with the goalies is interesting though, we seem to be acquiring a lot of options here, yet surely the plan must be to get down to two at some stage - which two seems to be in a big state of flux.

Beeercan said:
He made the 1st a great tackle, and ran with ball then to knight then chippy wooooohoooo 1-0

sorry got carried away

And the goal at Coventry.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
What's happening with the goalies is interesting though, we seem to be acquiring a lot of options here, yet surely the plan must be to get down to two at some stage - which two seems to be in a big state of flux.
From reading what MM said in The Argus it sounds like Kupiers and Frenchie.

It'll be shame if we don't sign Blayney, as it seems we won't, for him and us.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here