Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Igor Julio - SINGS for 4 years!

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I gave him the nickname Alibigor because of the complete and utter nothing he brings on the pitch - he's not even bad enough to be a scapegoat or laughing stock. He just... is.

But now his career is taking a new turn, where he just... isn't.

Anyone heard any recent comments or rumours about him? Seen a photo of him anywhere near the team?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I gave him the nickname Alibigor because of the complete and utter nothing he brings on the pitch - he's not even bad enough to be a scapegoat or laughing stock. He just... is.

Anyone heard any recent comments or rumours about him? Seen a photo of him anywhere near the team?
He's injured. Listed with the unavailable group on the official match thread from Everton.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
He's injured. Listed with the unavailable group on the official match thread from Everton.
Well so I've heard but what injury is it and has he been seen on any photos from the club at all? Is he even in England?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Sorry but that’s just BS

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Well so I've heard but what injury is it and has he been seen on any photos from the club at all? Is he even in England?
Why don't you write to Paul Barber and ask. I'm sure he'll give you full access to our German doctor and corporate rest and recuperation strategies so you can pin up the answer on your cellar wall for the next time this thought occurs to you.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Why don't you write to Paul Barber and ask. I'm sure he'll give you full access to our German doctor and corporate rest and recuperation strategies so you can pin up the answer on your cellar wall for the next time this thought occurs to you.
Sure. Thought maybe I'd get a good answer or two to my questions on Igors whereabouts here but obviously that was asking a little bit too much. Don't remember your surname but assume "Guinness Boy told me to email you.." should be enough - I'm sure he's been on NSC once or twice.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just seen this thread and had wondered where he is. Unlike a poster on here I thought he was ok last season. Thought he filled in at rightback very well and also added to attack and was additional help at defending corners. Hinch will never let us down but Ignor far better to help out at LB

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Just seen this thread and had wondered where he is. Unlike a poster on here I thought he was ok last season. Thought he filled in at rightback very well and also added to attack and was additional help at defending corners. Hinch will never let us down but Ignor far better to help out at LB
He is exactly what he was bought for, a 4th choice centre back with a left foot. If you're going to sell him and replace him then you need to find a younger version with a left foot who's prepared to only play when Dunk or JPvH aren't playing or break the bank on someone better than the current starters, in which case we'd lose JPvH sooner rather than later.

I never want to see him at fullback again though, personally. Same issues as Milner playing there.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Alright, alright I hear ya, sorry I even asked: Igor is great, definitely at Lancing and absolutely going to be a valuable asset to us this season.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
He was at the Villareal friendly last week and he’s in the training video from midweek

Thats good to see. Don't rate him as a player but was a little worried about him when there were photos of him from Brazil only a few weeks ago. Thanks for answering my question.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
He is exactly what he was bought for, a 4th choice centre back with a left foot. If you're going to sell him and replace him then you need to find a younger version with a left foot who's prepared to only play when Dunk or JPvH aren't playing or break the bank on someone better than the current starters, in which case we'd lose JPvH sooner rather than later.

I never want to see him at fullback again though, personally. Same issues as Milner playing there.
I think we paid £20m ish...Thats a lot for a 4th choice 4th choices should come from academy. Appreciate how well Hinch did last season and will do again this but understandibly looks out of place at LB. Ignor is a CH but beg to differ thought he did ok at LB and last season most seem to agree. It is only this season when he hasnt even played that he is suddeny crap.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
He’s decent enough for a 4th choice centre back. Few ups and downs last season, but it was his first season for a new team/league/manager. With current options he’s still needed as a bench rotation player.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I think we paid £20m ish...Thats a lot for a 4th choice 4th choices should come from academy. Appreciate how well Hinch did last season and will do again this but understandibly looks out of place at LB. Ignor is a CH but beg to differ thought he did ok at LB and last season most seem to agree. It is only this season when he hasnt even played that he is suddeny crap.
The player we - fans and club - would have liked in that position was Colwill but he didn't want to come. And, for me, Dunk, Van Hecke and Webster are all better centre backs, hence 4th choice.

It's hard to judge players by fees paid because they tend to depend on how much the buying club need players, how much the sellers want to sell and how long is left on the contract.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
He’s decent enough for a 4th choice centre back. Few ups and downs last season, but it was his first season for a new team/league/manager. With current options he’s still needed as a bench rotation player.
I agree. Just wait until injuries and suspensions kick in, we will be pleased to have him then.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
He played more than half the minutes in our PL and EL games last season, and had played 90 minutes in the majority of games in the previous season, for Fiorentina, who finished 8th in Serie A and the Conference League final that season.

I'd say £20M seems reasonable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here