Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Igor Julio - SINGS for 4 years!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Dunk's form isn't up to his usual standard.
I'm not saying Dunk should be dropped, but the two best performing CBs at present are Webster and Van Hecke.
Yep and the psv guy could seriously threaten dunks place if he doesn't pull his socks up. PSV are a top team (like Ajax used to be). This guy ain't coming here to sit on the bench.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I didn't say that Dunk shouldn't be playing.
But purely on form Webster is playing better.

He was superb, when he came on for Dunk at Everton.

Hopefully he's happy enough with the stand in role.
I agree he did well at Everton and last night.

We're in a position at the moment where we have 3 good CBs and one poor, slow one. I'm glad it's Hurzeler's problem.

7dialssouthpaw

Sep 10, 2022
If I'm not mistaken Naylor has mentioned it as well.

My belief is that bloom adapted his policy for certain players that RDZ wanted. Not players that would kill us financially but ones that would keep the miserable Italian happy(ish)
Igor was the only left-footed CB we could afford

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Of all the Brighton journos that’s probably the least reliable by a country mile. He just repeats what he’s told or what he reads on here.

The idea we’d suddenly get rid of data driven recruitment for a second season coach’s whim is laughable. If you believe it you’re insulting Tony and the recruitment team. RDZ didn’t write the cheque or wire the money.
Even Timmy? (I'm extending the description of 'journo' to him loosely...)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Igor was the only left-footed CB we could afford
No he wasn't. That's nonsense. We paid £15m or suchlike - there are literally HUNDREDS of left footed centre backs in the WORLD we could have signed. Somebody decided he was the best , or best value, option.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No he wasn't. That's nonsense. We paid £15m or suchlike - there are literally HUNDREDS of left footed centre backs in the WORLD we could have signed. Somebody decided he was the best , or best value, option.
Or appeased Roberto …

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Even Timmy? (I'm extending the description of 'journo' to him loosely...)
Timmy's obviously worse.

Charlie's ok but young and lacking in contacts. I've read more than one tweet that seems to just be reporting stuff being discussed on here. I've seen and been told stories that make RDZ look bad from a number of sources who are obviously getting them from someone at the club. Not sure why TBH. Literally no fan is asking for him back. We've moved on and the new era looks calmer, with better recruitment and exciting football.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I saw @amexer call him "Ignor" which is in the same ball park as my "Alibigor". Good one.

I hope and think yesterdays game was a case of showing potentially interested clubs that the player is actually alive and ready to play. Any bid above £5m-ish and he's off. If nothing comes, he'll stick around as a backup and no new LCB will be signed.

I would imagine the club is quite keen on getting rid. If he's 4th choice CB next season, it will only lower his value and make it more difficult to make someone take on his PL wages.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
This is a good, balanced assessment amidst everything else I've read on his performance last night. For me he was one of of our better players on the night with the way he carried the ball forward, although like most of the other 10 players on the pitch he had some shaky moments- as you might expect for a player playing his first real minutes of the season.

Overall Igor is exactly as his position in the squad would suggest, a capable backup, and as much as people like to moan every squad needs those players
I agree. I thought he was one of the better players - particularly in the first half when almost everyone else was having a stinker. He looked up for it. has a good touch and tried to get us going forward. Sadly, a high line isn't likely to suit him too much defensively but he's a decent, experienced back-up if we can't find better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here