Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ifill Weirdness!?!?!?!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Who originally started the ridiculous rumour that this twat was ever an Albion fan? Best wind up ever imo and I think most will agree you caught the majority of Albion fans :thumbsup:

What makes it worse is that he is Palace scum :down:

You sound very bitter towards him Icy.

I wouldn't presume to say if he supports the Albion now but I met/stood with him several times in the north stand back in the mid 90's.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You sound very bitter towards him Icy.

Guess you're right, if he was so keen on going to NZ, why didn't he just accept their offer and go? Probably because by using the Albion in his bartering he upped the wages offered at Wellington as they gave him a take it or leave it package that was an improvement on the one he had before he let it be known he was on trial here..there ya go I'm being all bitter and cynical again :lol:

Darren Curry got shit for doing the same thing, not sure why Ifill shouldn't?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Guess you're right, if he was so keen on going to NZ, why didn't he just accept their offer and go? Probably because by using the Albion in his bartering he upped the wages offered at Wellington as they gave him a take it or leave it package that was an improvement on the one he had before he let it be known he was on trial here..there ya go I'm being all bitter and cynical again :lol:

That's probably what happened. There's not too much wrong with that though is there? He was only on Trial with us as far as I'm aware, so there was nothing binding for either side. If he'd had a mare of a game tonight and Slade didn't like the look of him we wouldn't have offered him a contract. No one would have claimed that we had treated him shabbily would they?

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
I agree - It happens all the time in footy

Best of luck to him (and he better get me free tickets if Im gonna fly all the way there from NYC) and up the albion !

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Because it's a fantastic place to live and far better than Oz. I've been to A-league matches though and the standard is shocking. Lower than conference level.

I lived in both for a bit, I reckon Oz is better. They are all obsessed by rugby in NZ, football hardly gets a mention.

How many Kiwis are playing over here now? Offhand I can only think of Ryan Nelsen at Blackburn.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
yes but is he actually a proper albion fan? don't really see how he could be as he played for palace for so long. if i was a pro i KNOW i would turn down any move to palace no matter how much money they offered.

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
yes but is he actually a proper albion fan? don't really see how he could be as he played for palace for so long. if i was a pro i KNOW i would turn down any move to palace no matter how much money they offered.

Bull - plain and simple - if you had the chance to work for a better company (they are in a higher league than us - fact) and they offered you 10 large to play for them, then you do it - if you dont then your not a PROFESSIONAL footballer

Its a job - its just happens to be a job that many of us would love to have but we are not good enough.

I work for a large financial institution and I dont like our competitors - do you think I would turn own the chance of a promotion, more money and greater opportunities just because of that ?

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008

People keep saying stuff like this but it's complete rubbish. Once you're a professional football player, like has been said above, you don't take fan loyalties into account. You go where you can get the best deal.

Darren Currie agreed to sign for us, Ifill didn't.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good luck to him.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Took the deal that is best for him and his family...had he signed with us or indicated that he would sign it would be different but he was just a triallist. If the same happened to him as happened to Ricketts the poor bugger would've been heading for the divorce courts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here