Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ifill Weirdness!?!?!?!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If this is actually correct there is no point at all him playing for us. Personally I don't get why players want to go half way across the world to play in countries that don't even like football that much. I mean it is not as if NZ has good weather like Oz is it. I have to say that it always strikes me as players opting out of playing proper football.

Because it's a fantastic place to live and far better than Oz. I've been to A-league matches though and the standard is shocking. Lower than conference level.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Strange comments in the Argus then, if this is true, with direct quotes from Slade saying he will be playing for us tonight and is an option across the middle.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Proper strange, guess all will be revealed tonight. Official site and the argus + quotes from Slade can't all be wrong can they...

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Why on God's green earth would you want to play in the A-League when you have half a chance of getting to the second tier of English football?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Not according to the hundreds of thousands of Kiwis who left NZ to live in Australia.

:lolol:

Could say the same about the hundreds of thousands of Aussies who left Oz to come to the UK!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Seems to have messed us about a bit, bet Slade is really happy about that. Bit of a strange one can clearly still do a job at a good level but has chosen the $ over better football. Shame would have been superb on the wing

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Is the deal confirmed then by your 'good authority'?

The argus have apparently spoken to him and he said he signed for them this morning

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here