Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ifill on trial after all...

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Another player with a big point to prove so definitely the kind of player Slade appears to like signing. He has been very injury prone though. Is he fit? He used to be a very good player and if he can re-capture the form of previous seasons, he could be a top signing. Worth a punt I say.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Trial, sod that, sign him up!

I think it shows the direction we are going in by giving players of this quality a trial rather than just jump in with a contract offer only for them to be unfit.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Another player with a big point to prove so definitely the kind of player Slade appears to like signing. He has been very injury prone though. Is he fit? He used to be a very good player and if he can re-capture the form of previous seasons, he could be a top signing. Worth a punt I say.

Not sure he has that much to prove as has been brilliant in the championship and played in a cup final

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
How can he be an Albion fan and have played for CP?
I expect eight grand a week eases the guilt.

I'm not sure about signing him though, he's a quality player, better than Wright, but we have signed him, we've got Cox as well. I suppose he might play on the left, we don't seem to be looking at any left wingers.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Isn't Ifill a right-winger? If so, why do we want him when we've already signed Mark Wright? Seems like both would demand first-team action and big wages, so it would be stupid to sign both for one position. I'd rather get a lefty.

f*** that , teams going for promotion need strength in depth, besides I think he can play left anyway + up front if need be

Big squad - full of quality is what we need

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Not sure he has that much to prove as has been brilliant in the championship and played in a cup final
There can be nothing more humiliating than being released by Palace so has huge point to prove. We know Ifill WAS a very good player but injuries and other factors have meant that his career has not gone the way that perhaps it should have. I note Millwall didn't snap him up last week...

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Doesn't really make much sense unless he is cheap. We have Wright, I would imagine Ifill is getting some fitness with us until he signs elsewhere.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If he is fit we have to sign him up simple. A fit Paul Ifill would rip this league to pieces. Still only 29 would be a great asset.

Navarro ain't a bad player either, bit defensive though.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
im pretty sure ifill can play on either wing. and the fact that he played 38 games for palace last season might suggest he is past his injury worries.

would be good to have some more championship experience in our midfield.

did any happen to see any of his palace appearances last season?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
9 large a week? Color me skeptical. For all but the Real Madrids and Yankees of the sports world Rule One, Two and Three of player acquisition, regardless of the sport, is not to pay for seasons the player's already had. What's the usual peak-performance age for someone at that position?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here