Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you want Kuipers in goalnext week cos he appears bigger,sharper and louder...

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
If I were the manager Kuipers not only would he never be in goal for the Albion again, he would never be on the bench again. I would have him train by himself, and he would only appear in the reserve side. That is the way to treat a player who goes down the tunnel at the end of the Bournemouth defeat with a grin on his face from ear to ear.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
nobody's dupe said:
If I were the manager Kuipers not only would he never be in goal for the Albion again, he would never be on the bench again. I would have him train by himself, and he would only appear in the reserve side. That is the way to treat a player who goes down the tunnel at the end of the Bournemouth defeat with a grin on his face from ear to ear.

You know for a fact that he was grinning because of Hendo's mistake, do you?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Mouldy Boots said:
FDM for me.

I am sure Hendo will take it like a true Proffessional.

:clap: :clap:
He didn't last time - he handed in a transfer request. I'm wondering if that's why he's still in the side - is Wilkins worried about pissing him off? It's probably not the main reason but it might be a passing concern.

Commander said:
I don't understand this thinking that if I want Kuipers to be given a chance I am in some way not supporting the team. It's not like I'm booing Henderson or abusing him, just think it's time Kuipers got his chance as Hendo has been a bit dodgy recently. I wanted Elder to be given his chance on Saturday and he was- does that mean I am slagging off Gatting?
What he said.

Although...LI may feign incomprehension and accuse of you of "undermining our young players" if you're lucky enough, so you might have to live with that.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Man of Harveys said:
He didn't last time - he handed in a transfer request. I'm wondering if that's why he's still in the side - is Wilkins worried about pissing him off? It's probably not the main reason but it might be a passing concern.

Hendo didn't lose his place due to his failings but simply because he was away on internation duty.
His transfer request lasted all of three weeks unlike Kuipers who was on the list for 6 months last season for exactly the same reason.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Man of Harveys said:

Although...LI may feign incomprehension and accuse of you of "undermining our young players" if you're lucky enough, so you might have to live with that.

I doubt it, he seems to be avoiding me for some reason, something about a Christmas card I think.

;)

Did you manage to sample some Koenig Pilsener?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
chez said:
Yeah why not. Weve lost our last few might as well lose a few more eh!

In fact lets go the whole hog and bung Martin Perry in goal if you're intent on losing so much. :nono:

:eek: Dropping players when you're losing all the time :eek:

What a ridiculous idea.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Commander said:
:eek: Dropping players when you're losing all the time :eek:

What a ridiculous idea.

It happens and then they are replaced by better. Kuipers is not better but older and slower as Keeley and Wilkins see on the training ground all week.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Henderson was called out of his box quite a few times on Saturday. Something to do with the inert midfield, non scoring strikers putting extra pressure on the sub par defence. So let's scapegoat Henderson... I am going to trust Deano on this assuming he picks who he wants.

Last edited:

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
I think it is a perfectly legitimate debate to have, which goalkeeper should play, but the problem is the reasoning behind the decisons.

Henderson gets slagged bascially because he is not FDM, who has legend status and can do no wrong.

After Byfield scored there were lots of audible calls along the lines of "get Kuipers in" and what does that do to Henderson's confidence?

It may be that it is time for a change but dont forget that Kuipers makes as many (if not more) errors (like any keeper at this level) so it wont be a magic wand. For the record I think that Hendo should have come off his line a bit quicker but it is a very difficult decsiosn to make (trying to judge the pace off the ball coming towards you etc) and he should not have been exposed to a one on one.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Yorkie said:
It happens and then they are replaced by better. Kuipers is not better but older and slower as Keeley and Wilkins see on the training ground all week.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a FDM worshipper / Hendo hater at all, I think Hendo is the better keeper, and definitley is the answer in the long run, but you cannot deny that Hendo has made a few mistakes in the last few weeks, costing us points. Competition for places is a GOOD thing, but it's no use if you have players that are un-droppable. You cant let the players get too comfortable.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Commander said:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a FDM worshipper / Hendo hater at all, I think Hendo is the better keeper, and definitley is the answer in the long run, but you cannot deny that Hendo has made a few mistakes in the last few weeks, costing us points. Competition for places is a GOOD thing, but it's no use if you have players that are un-droppable. You cant let the players get too comfortable.

Yeah I go along with that.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Yorkie said:

BLASPHEMY !!!!

Burn Him:flameboun :flameboun :flameboun

(100% true though :thumbsup:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Redhead said:
Not ridiculous at all by why drop only ONE player when the whole team are equally as terrible as each other at the moment?

Perhaps it's because we only have another reasonable keeper? If we had any decent outfield players, there is no chance of them being left on the bench! :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Yorkie said:

interesting point - i wonder how much weight Keeley's view carries. Form in Training is a strange case as some of hendo's errors are not technical ones (except maybe the parrying out) but things that occur in match condistions such as failure to come off your line (or even worse hesitation), or playing bartez stylee in extra time.

The trouble as I see it is that they both have their strengths and weaknesses. You have highlighted two of Kuipers supposed ones, but he has strengths too:

- marshalls the defence well
- consisistent as to whether he comes for crosses or doesn't (defenders dont mind what keepers do provided they are consistent and communicate clearly)
- excellent one on one shot stopper

This is not to say that Henderson cannot do to a degree some of these.

The goal wasn't henderson's only faux pas on saturday (yes, we all know that Lynch muffed up first) - his failure to cut out the cross that O Cearuil(sp) had to clear, his failure to communicate with the defence (which led to a real falling out between him and a defender). he made some good saves too (one at the feet of the attacker and one down low at the near post).

The trouble is, as I said when we signed him, is that he is on balance, not significantly better than what we had. To my mind, he was a waste of cash for that reason.

Henderson (irrespective of how good a keeper he is)will go down as one of the contributory factors in MM's decline. He desire to sign hendo caused him to take a course of action that succeeded in annoying the two other keepers we had (inc Chaigneau) and we all know what major falling out blossomed out of the southampton incident, as well as (I'm led to believe) annoying some of the investors over what they saw as a poor use of limited cash.

When the game is played, i will support hendo as I do all those picked. However there are many who dont feel the same way and it is totally negative for all concerned to lambast him during a game.

Bottom line though is that all the time both are here, this debate will continue. One of them will have to leave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here