Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you want Kuipers in goalnext week cos he appears bigger,sharper and louder...

brightonbc

Sep 2, 2006
portslade
larus said:
No thanks.

People are too quick to pick up on Hendo's mistakes, but not his good work. And for FDM, it's the other way round, he NEVER makes any mistakes and is a god ;) .

If you would have left it at that, you would have been spot on

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
London Irish said:
I'm very pessimitic that there appears to be no way back in the Hendo v crowd situation. When you reach the point that sensible people are no longer criticising such crowd reactions, when the Argus is moved to write in its match reports that "rarely has an Albion player been so badly treated by supporters", it's nearly over, a tipping point has been reached.

There was practically nothing by way of criticism of Henderson in H Block on saturday, least not within earshot of where I was sat. It's generally acknowledged that he's more hesitant than is healthy, but most of the stick he gets is on messageboards only. You are over-reacting.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tom Hark said:
There was practically nothing by way of criticism of Henderson in H Block on saturday, least not within earshot of where I was sat. It's generally acknowledged that he's more hesitant than is healthy, but most of the stick he gets is on messageboards only. You are over-reacting.
He's quoting the Argus article. It could be that Naylor is over-reacting of course.

Tom Hark said:

I'm relieved if that is the case in your bit of the South Stand - he is virtually toast in my bit of the North Stand, with I would guess over half the people there joining in the ironic cheering. Press Box is not far from there and Naylor would have picked up on it along with all other media.

If it is much better in the South Stand, then excellent.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yorkie said:
He's quoting the Argus article.

On this particular thread maybe. But he's moved his Stockholm Syndrome type irrational defence of all things McGhee to an irrational defence of all things Henderson. It's a bit head-mental to be sure, a really warped version of loyalty. Most sane people on here would acknowledge that Henderson is suffering a dip in form and having him on the bench in favour of FDM might just be the healthy option at the current time.

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
London Irish said:
If it is much better in the South Stand, then excellent.

I sit in E Block, which seems to be right in the heart of 'Get rid of Henderson' country.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tom Hark said:
On this particular thread maybe. But he's moved his Stockholm Syndrome type irrational defence of all things McGhee to an irrational defence of all things Henderson. It's a bit head-mental to be sure, a really warped version of loyalty. Most sane people on here would acknowledge that Henderson is suffering a dip in form and having him on the bench in favour of FDM might just be the healthy option at the current time.

Count me in that as well then. I don't think Henderson deserves the abuse some fans (and I emphasise some) are giving him.
You missed the furore of Bournemouth by being away on holiday.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yorkie said:
You missed the furore of Bournemouth by being away on holiday.

No I didn't. I missed the furore of Bournemouth by being at Big Beach Boutique 3. Reckon that was a one-off tho and most people who booed in the heat of the (last) moment were feeling a tad ashamed of themselves the morning after.

Just saying that Henderson shouldn't be regarded as a sacred cow who is immune to being sat on the bench now and again, just to see if the change results in the odd clean sheet.

Frutos said:
I sit in E Block, which seems to be right in the heart of 'Get rid of Henderson' country.
Well, that what I had read on here, but Yorkie has said that her and Tom sit in a place that is generally supportive and not negative about the team. Would there were more parts of the ground like it.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
London Irish said:
Well, that what I had read on here, but Yorkie has said that her and Tom sit in a place that is generally supportive and not negative about the team. Would there were more parts of the ground like it.

Thats H block your on about, and the majority seem to back the team from wehat i can tell, but i dont go to every home game so mabie i only get them on a good day (if you can have one of those supporting the Albion at the moment!)

Dandyman

In London village.
Yorkie said:
He's quoting the Argus article. It could be that Naylor is over-reacting of course.

Could be that Naylor is stirring things as much as possible since his golf partner got the heave-ho.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I'm confused. Are people trying to blame Henderson for the Millwall goal?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tom Hark said:
No I didn't. I missed the furore of Bournemouth by being at Big Beach Boutique 3. Reckon that was a one-off tho and most people who booed in the heat of the (last) moment were feeling a tad ashamed of themselves the morning after.

Just saying that Henderson shouldn't be regarded as a sacred cow who is immune to being sat on the bench now and again, just to see if the change results in the odd clean sheet.
Apologies, I forgot which day you flew out.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
keaton said:
I'm confused. Are people trying to blame Henderson for the Millwall goal?

Yes, partly.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
London Irish said:
Well, you need to tell these people how to behave! You know better than them, after all. Just give them some guidance on how to say "our keeper's playing crap and might be worth a stint on the bench" - in a way that's acceptable to you. I'm sure we'll all be very grateful, because you know best.

D

Deleted User X18H

I went to the chip shop last night and read the Sun from 2nd Jan
it was the first time I realised that Henderson was so much at fault for the Bournemouth defeat as well .....time for a change

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Commander said:
I don't understand this thinking that if I want Kuipers to be given a chance I am in some way not supporting the team. It's not like I'm booing Henderson or abusing him, just think it's time Kuipers got his chance as Hendo has been a bit dodgy recently. I wanted Elder to be given his chance on Saturday and he was- does that mean I am slagging off Gatting?

After now reading the whole thread let me make it clear what I mean. When a player is not on form then fine we should want to give a chance to another player to come in not least because it will make sure both players get the right message. BUT basing your decision on the mythological status of one player who is quite obviously (and the evidence over the last two years supports this) not as good as the other is ridiculous.

Hendo's not been great and maybe he does need replacing BUT he did not and does not deserve the disgusting abuse he has got and if his form has dipped how much are we to blame for making sure he knows he's not wanted? We're not talking about a couple of weeks of the fans making their opinions felt, we are talking about a systematic campaign by cetain so-called fans of this club to get their mythical hero in and kick a potentially great keeper out of the club.

Drop hþim now and he will be lost. Keep faith and maybe... just maybe that faith will be repaid... after all hoýw many poiþnts has a Hendo mistake actually cost... nto more than 6 in ym reckoning. How mnay poýints have we lost by shit striking... rather a lot more but there is no campaign to get Revell and Robisnon out.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
SULLY COULDNT SHOOT said:
Drop hþim now and he will be lost.

If we have a player in our side that we would lose if we dare to drop him, then I would rather he left now. You cant run a football team with people with that attitude in it.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Commander said:
Yes, partly.

i don't see how that's his fault in any way. not letting a long kick bounce and tracking your man are the very basics of defence. i don't see what he could have done to prevent the goal

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Commander said:
If we have a player in our side that we would lose if we dare to drop him, then I would rather he left now. You cant run a football team with people with that attitude in it.

It is not his attitude I was referring to Commander...... I cannot imagine any player who has been through what we have put him through who would find it easy to recover their confidence at a club who had quite obviously rejected him..... and I mean the fans here not Wendy who seems to understand what's going on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here