Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you use the term "tippy-tappy"...

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
… So, it's TIPPY f***ing TAPPY footie round our way Denton, and that's the sodding end of it. So just you piss right off with your smart-arsed, neurotic BOLLOX. :angry:

ps Flicky Flicky's rather swish too. :thumbsup:
This has to be in the running for post of the year! :)

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Get over yourselves with playground squabbles about languages. Back to the original point. The dutch invented it. It's called total football.

Oh I say! It's The Boy Neeskins; the Van Der Kerkhof Sisters; & Top Dog himself: Johan Crufts. Marvelous!

Shame they've turned into a bunch of dirty cheating orange bastards of late. Marinus Jacobus Hendricus Michels will be spinning in his grave (if he wasn't cremeted). Total football? More like a total friggin' shambles! Up yours Arjen Robben - ya diving ponce.

Gutted. :(

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
although it doesn't bother me THAT much I do think tippy - tappy sounds shit. Sounds like were playing subbuteo or dancing ballet (although in a football sense we are)

No way as bad as people singing CHAMPIO-NES though. That is crap.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You should be SHOT.

The phrase is "tiki-taka".

This is my number one completely irrationally infuriatingly irritating mistake.

"Tiki-taka ( commonly spelled tiqui-taca in Spanish; Spanish pronunciation: [ˈtiki ˈtaka] ) is a style of play in association football, characterised by metronomic short passing and movement, working the ball through various channels, and maintaining possession. The style is primarily associated with La Liga club FC Barcelona and the Spanish national team under managers Luis Aragonés and Vicente del Bosque. It is an evolution of the Total Football tactics deployed by teams like FC Barcelona and Ajax in the past."

Please never in real-life describe Albion's football style as "tippy-tappy" it makes us sound like a bunch of benders - cheers! :bigwave:

We are benders and I like tippy tappy.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No way as bad as people singing CHAMPIO-NES though. That is crap.

What? We are one of four champions in the Football League and you don't like it? Where are we getting our supporters from? Seriously sad state of affairs.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
It's 'Campeones!' FFS

or, if we're going to sing it in English 'Champions!'

not some weird hybrid

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Get over yourselves with playground squabbles about languages. Back to the original point. The dutch invented it. It's called total football.

er......totaalvoetbal :)

We are NOT playing Total Football and neither are Spain or Barcelona. We are playing a possession game but that in itself does not make it Total Football.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Sure.

Jeg vil gerne spørge Dem, hvad var meningen med ordet tiqui TACA-rederierne?

Iniesta forsvaret stil, som Spanien er tæt på at attestere deres videregive til 2008 europæiske cup. »Valget har altid forsøgt at opretholde stil med under KUGLEN, af de kendetegn for aktører kan føre os til at vinde ting.

Men ud over de »tiqui TACA« det, der er at gøre, er Win til at være i mesterskabet," Han sluttede.

Donder op.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
"Tippy-tappy" seems to me to be a modern-day version of the "push-and-run" tactics which the late Arthur Rowe taught the Spurs team of the early 1950's. Spurs won the Championship using this style (with Alf Ramsey at full-back) in 1951, I think.

Rowe then took that style on to Palace in the late 1950's, when they were in Div 4. Ten years later they were in Div. 1...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here