Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you use the term "tippy-tappy"...

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Some of the worst translated Danish I've ever seen. I said I wanted to SAVE overuse of Google Translate.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Well, technically if I play a ball to you - or several balls over the course of a game - you'd describe my passes to you as my 'balls'. But I think we're getting sidetracked..

Oh i see , balls then the Double entendres effect meaning testicles, !
What has that to do with tippy tappy football ?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
If other clubs heard us describing our style as 'tippy tappy' they'd have a field day, too.

What the f*** are you on about, assume your trying to show off you can read Spanish i suppose ? and waiting for one of us to ask for a translation ?
Actually ... anyone with a basic knowledge of any southern European language (or even French) should have not much difficulty in working out the nuances of the definition that is, after all, probably best expressed in the language that gave us the expression. As it happens, I don't speak Spanish, but I can follow the text fairly easily.

The Danish, btw, is just a piss take. Sorry.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Oh i see , balls then the Double entendres effect meaning testicles, !
What has that to do with tippy tappy football ?

Did you need me to explain before you got that? I was obviously too subtle..

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
This thread is cack, I've never used the term myself but really...... Who gives a f##k ?
I'll describe our style of play as I see it

This thread is cack, I've never used the term myself but really...... Who gives a f##k ?
I'll describe our style of play as I see it
Indeed.

There are probably coaching handbooks that advise teams how to deal with tiki-taka football. I'd rather have our opponents turn up without a clue about how we play or what they can do about it.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You should be SHOT.

The phrase is "tiki-taka".

This is my number one completely irrationally infuriatingly irritating mistake.

"Tiki-taka ( commonly spelled tiqui-taca in Spanish; Spanish pronunciation: [ˈtiki ˈtaka] ) is a style of play in association football, characterised by metronomic short passing and movement, working the ball through various channels, and maintaining possession. The style is primarily associated with La Liga club FC Barcelona and the Spanish national team under managers Luis Aragonés and Vicente del Bosque. It is an evolution of the Total Football tactics deployed by teams like FC Barcelona and Ajax in the past."

Please never in real-life describe Albion's football style as "tippy-tappy" it makes us sound like a bunch of benders - cheers! :bigwave:

polls_InternetSeriousBusiness_4415_167402_poll_xlarge.jpeg

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Indeed.

There are probably coaching handbooks that advise teams how to deal with tiki-taka football. I'd rather have our opponents turn up without a clue about how we play or what they can do about it.

Yeah good point, let's put the word out that we play the long ball a lot, route one stuff lol:thumbsup:

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
Your username and avatar are characters from a video game, SAD f***.

DO YOU WISH YOU WERE A CHARACTER IN DEUS EX?

Maybe you wish you were being entered by JCDENTONS augmented penis?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Irrational phobias can be dealt with in a number of ways.

People with a spider phobia can be gradually and successfully introduced the concept of touching them without fear.

Another method is to confront your fear directly although the thought of jumping out of a plane for someone with a fear of heights may be far too much to contemplate for the sufferer and the person administering the cure.

However, your fear is a contemptuously trivial obsession and deserves immediate treatment from as many NSC members who feel capable of administering the medicine.

Tippy Tappy football

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Irrational phobias can be dealt with in a number of ways.

People with a spider phobia can be gradually and successfully introduced the concept of touching them without fear.

Another method is to confront your fear directly although the thought of jumping out of a plane for someone with a fear of heights may be far too much to contemplate for the sufferer and the person administering the cure.

However, your fear is a contemptuously trivial obsession and deserves immediate treatment from as many NSC members who feel capable of administering the medicine.

Tippy Tappy football

In your informed opinion you will be no doubt aware that an irrational anger (e.g. 'hating Palace' as a so-called true Albion fan would say they do) is different to a 'phobia'.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Your username and avatar are characters from a video game, SAD f***.

DO YOU WISH YOU WERE A CHARACTER IN DEUS EX?

Maybe you wish you were being entered by JCDENTONS augmented penis?

Yes. I wish that very much. On both counts.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
İbrahim Tatlıses;4374053 said:
Several NSCers on the Stellas tonight I see.

Well I'm bleedin' well not! I've got to lay off the Sauce for another 4 weeks (you don't wanna know, btw) - & consequently I'm in a right foul mood.

So, it's TIPPY f***ing TAPPY footie round our way Denton, and that's the sodding end of it. So just you piss right off with your smart-arsed, neurotic BOLLOX. :angry:

ps Flicky Flicky's rather swish too. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here