Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you ran NSC...

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
i would bring back childish ramblings.

i like the idea of an introduce yourself thread also.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
There is a "rep" button for vBulletin that would be good to have. This could then work like a "Like" button on Facebook, and people could then decide (with the aid of that) if someone is trustworthy or not. Any over use (or incorrect use) of the rep option results in that person having their ability to rep someone disabled.

Also I'd add a "lightweight" skin for those viewing on mobiles. Tapatalk is okay, but it's £4 on the Blackberry. No way am I being stung for that much!!!

Finally, add a vBookie so people can gamble for virtual cash (maybe with a small cash price for the person who made the most money in a given timeframe - say £10).

Ooo yeah vbookie. You'll need someone anal enough to create the odds each week though. Good fun though.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
option buttons on other members post ... as in a (liked) button (thanks) button,maybe a (dislike) button too then maybe some might not be as abusive ..which then leave's your usename on there post to which they applied

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
More creative modding bans. e.g. restrictions on starting threads, numbers of posts per day

Big Brother style evictions. Mods draw up a shortlist of 5 members who the NSC population vote on to be banned for one month

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
More creative modding bans. e.g. restrictions on starting threads, numbers of posts per day
I can speak for many by saying that exists here

anyways , idea wise - probably split the Brighton posts from the general posts , put games back with general - possibly another part of Cricket/other sports and that would be about it really.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Personally I am perfectly happy with NSC as it is.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
At another forum I use, when you view a thread the thread title in the main forum is greyed slightly with a marker showing the number of posts made since the user last viewed the thread. It can be quite useful.

I would put postcounts in the profile as well, rather than the bit to the left.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
probation for new posters - 1 month read only, then can post but not start threads until approved after 3 months

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
What 2 things would you change (where changing can also include adding or removing something) on the site?

One thing you're certain would make an improvement.

One thing that might be chancier, and you'd reverse if it didn't work.

I'd sort out the 'Childish Ramblings' / 'Other Stuff' situation... so that there is somewhere to start or send threads that don't need deletion, but don't belong on the Big Board.

I'd think about implementing moderation for new posters starting threads... i.e. they have to be approved by a mod before they appear on the Big Board. I know it might be a chore for mods (but not a major one with the renewed moderation team), but it would help to keep improve the signal to noise ratio. It can always be turned back off if it doesn't help or gets in the way of diversity.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
probation for new posters - 1 month read only, then can post but not start threads until approved after 3 months

Most people read only for months before posting - I must have lurked for a year before registering an account. Therefore I would suggest a 'no new threads' probation period may be OK, but a 'no posting' probation would be overly harsh. We do need newbies, we just need a method of rooting out the spammers/wind-up merchants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here