Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you ran NSC...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The chat used to slow down the board a hell of a lot, which I think turned some people against it.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I'd hire Alan sugar for a mini apprentice type show on seagulls player featuring Bozza and the mods.

First task for the teams would be to allocate each team some shop space in Croydon to see who could sell the most Albion themed merchandise.......

"Bozza you're a lightweight and you let your club down, you're fired"

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I think I would remove the post count from the username box. That way we wouldn't get newbies posting shit, just to get a higher post count. We did this successfully on another forum. It has the added benefit of new people coming onto the board and being somewhat intimidated by people with 20,000 posts.

this.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I would split the board in two , football and non football which would then be sub divided into general and a age restricted area (no under 18's).
All non Albion fans would be denoted with a :tosser: after their username.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Works quite well. Just click on the Thread Tools above the first post on a thread and the subscibe option is there. Works on Tapatalk too I believe by pressing the star icon to turn it gold

Cool, ta.

Just need to find a thread I want to subscribe to now to test it. Tch, life after the "Thread Full of Beautiful Ladies II" eh? :down:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
1/ Replace some of the stickys with an FAQ section to try and stop the "when are fixtures out" type questions. I know it wouldn't stop it but it may reduce some of the instances.

2/ add a 'This' button to stop people just posting 'This' - if clicked on would show which posters agree.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Have a 'hot' thread feature, so that instead of reading what has been posted most recently, you can see what has proven to be the most read/contributed to in the last hour, this would knock any crap closer to the bottom of the page.

Not keen on football/non-football forums, it's a nightmare to administer, and what would you do with (for example) a thread about Gus which turned into a thread about have you been on holiday in South America.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Have a 'hot' thread feature, so that instead of reading what has been posted most recently, you can see what has proven to be the most read/contributed to in the last hour, this would knock any crap closer to the bottom of the page.

Not keen on football/non-football forums, it's a nightmare to administer, and what would you do with (for example) a thread about Gus which turned into a thread about have you been on holiday in South America.

Ban the first 5 pri*ks that deviated off to ruin it, they'd soon learn. In fact i could give you 5 names to ban now to be proactive about it

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
As suggested earlier, an " ignore " option for threads posted by certain posters. This would prevent me having to see HB&B'S l have just seen a big bus/ship etc threads.

Also, ban multiple accounts so nerds can't bounce threads

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Really hope it doesn't ever split from being just one Big board. It's what helps make NSC, NSC.

Getting rid of post counts is a good idea.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Personally I am perfectly happy with NSC as it is.
I must admit that's my view as well. I've read all these suggestions and gone, no, no, f*** no, jeez no, etc. I especially HATE the idea of rep points and split forums - although I DO think it would be a good idea to bring back 'Childish Ramblings' as it served a very good purpose. Did that go as part of Googlegate?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
What about an option to turn off ALL smileys for those who wish, for example, to not have dancing bananas and guitar-playing emoticons (bleurgh) all over their screens.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
On the blue bar at the top of this page... click 'Community' and then 'Spy'.

Enjoy :)

That's brilliant! (Teeny tiny flaw - it's miles out of date, as in it starts by showing replies one-by-one from about 10/15 minutes earlier - but not a major complaint once it catches up)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I must admit that's my view as well. I've read all these suggestions and gone, no, no, f*** no, jeez no, etc. I especially HATE the idea of rep points and split forums - although I DO think it would be a good idea to bring back 'Childish Ramblings' as it served a very good purpose. Did that go as part of Googlegate?

i also happen to agree with this

nsc is, fundamentally, a simple message board. thats what its good at. not having to deviate to 100 different sub forums and not having all these gimmicks like who is a good poster. keep it as it is

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Ban the first 5 pri*ks that deviated off to ruin it, they'd soon learn. In fact i could give you 5 names to ban now to be proactive about it

Name them, Dougal, NAME THEM.

I would force Meade's Ball to start at least 5 threads a day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here