Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you ran NSC...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I love the progress of NSC developments in recent times, such as the blog, Tapatalk and vbulletin update. Some suggestions:

a) Please let us have larger avatars! Not massive avatars but a bit bigger than the current max dimensions and file size.

b) The ability to embed video from not just YouTube but also other sources such as Vimeo and Viddler.

c) A directory of Albion-related sites

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Works quite well. Just click on the Thread Tools above the first post on a thread and the subscibe option is there. Works on Tapatalk too I believe by pressing the star icon to turn it gold

Naah, that doesn't seem to do quite what I mean. The idea being that I can quickly access the thread when I want to post to it. Maybe it hasn't been posted to for a while and has dropped 15 pages down. I want to be able to set it as a favourite and I can just list all my favourites, or it can be like my own sticky. As far as I can see, the "subscription" just give me a heads up when someone posts to it, but i want to be able to find a thread easily when no-one has posted to it for ages.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I've just checked out the Spy page. Love it! How about having a version with the entire post...?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
It's more WORK though, isn't it? Can't just have a cheeky refresh to see what's going on - you have to do TWO. I'm not sure I can handle that.

Easy just to use "Whats New?" too see everything as normal though.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Naah, that doesn't seem to do quite what I mean. The idea being that I can quickly access the thread when I want to post to it. Maybe it hasn't been posted to for a while and has dropped 15 pages down. I want to be able to set it as a favourite and I can just list all my favourites, or it can be like my own sticky. As far as I can see, the "subscription" just give me a heads up when someone posts to it, but i want to be able to find a thread easily when no-one has posted to it for ages.

Then you go here: North Stand Chat

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
1. Dump the "mentioned" and "tagged" references but only because I don't understand/know how to use them and am not sufficiently intrigued to find out I like the "notification" menu - it can be irksome to clear but it's a great shortcut sometimes. I wonder if a counter could be added to show how often a poster is quoted? Might add some interest!

2. I quite like the idea of a " good post/bad post" (or like/don't like) indicator for each post linked to cumulative totals for each contributor.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
weekly "world's hardest creature" contests

this :thumbsup: :D

things I wouldn't introduce:

rep systems as things get far too cliquey.

splitting out football/non-football, for one thing it be embarrasing being a football supporters forum with more posts about non-football related subjects and also, as mentioned by others, it can be pretty hard to moderate effectively.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
- Straight back to The Big Board with one click.
- NEVER split the board, the eclectic nature of it is one of it's best points.
We had our, then, star player moving to our bitterest rivals. Going toe to toe with a full on debate on Angel Delight, perfect.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I don't like the idea of splitting forums, it makes things much more complicated. When I've gone to visit other teams' forums that have this implimented, I'm never quite sure where I should be looking, as sometimes they have different sections for transfers, matchdays, rumours, away fans etc. Too many posts could belong in multiple sections, and may be overlooked or difficult to find. Also, it makes it a lot harder for new users who haven't grasped how things work. And then they post on the wrong section, and get ridiculed by everyone (as would surely happen on here) and possibly never come back.

I'd also be against too much restriction on new posters, as some great posts come from opposition fans (eg some of the Posh fans today about CMS) who only want to post once and would be put off by having to wait a day or so to post.

In my opinion, probably the best post on this thread so far :thumbsup:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Don't split up the Big Board into footie/non-footie. All that will happen is that there'll become a clique of people who never really bother posting in the football section and use NSC as a news site and social website, which is fine, but it would ruin off-topic threads for a lot of people. Also, it would make the football only sections of the board very dry. The non-splitting up of Topic/off topic on NSC is the main reason it's by far the best forum I've ever used (aside from the fact that everyone here is so damn witty!).

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
- Straight back to The Big Board with one click.

If you don't mind scrolling to the top of the page you can do that already.

Under the menu bar below the header is:

[Home icon] > Forum > The Albion > The Big Board > If you ran NSC...

Each blue bit takes you back to that section, i.e. clicking 'The Big Board' takes you back to the big board with one click.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here