Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you live in/ go home via central Brighton

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Tuesday is what the police have been advised by organisers I believe.

Yeah, frantically trying to get the word out around college tonight with that date now!

Probably a silly question because you can't answer but i'll ask anyway on the off chance you can: will there be the same level of police as last night? And can we expect CS gas this time :lolol:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Somewhat ignores the fact they are implementing recommendations from a report commissioned by the Labour government. Would the students have revolted so much if Labour had been in power and implemented the changes ? I didn't anything like this when Labour introduced the fees in the first place.

I am a Labour supporter and can tell you that i'd definately be protesting this much.

This issue is not party political for many, if not all students. I'd still be taking to the streets with many other students if this was a Labour choice.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Isn't that where you get £30 per week for doing something that 'benefits' you, and something you chose to do :laugh: ? And then when you have an attendance of over 90% you get a 'Christmas Bonus' of about £100 :sick:

Bonus's were scrapped this year. If your going to slag something off (that you never got from what I remember you saying on other threads) make sure you're getting your facts straight. The bonus was set to be cut under Labour (I believe).

Interesting point: This isn't 100% confirmed true but I think that the EMA budget is something like half a million or 3/4 of a millon a year. Nothing compared to the debt we're in.

Bonus's were scrapped this year. If your going to slag something off (that you never got from what I remember you saying on other threads) make sure you're getting your facts straight. The bonus was set to be cut under Labour (I believe).

Interesting point: This isn't 100% confirmed true but I think that the EMA budget is something like half a million or 3/4 of a millon a year. Nothing compared to the debt we're in.

Don't mean to be rude but your spelling is atrocious. I know from personal experience that employers put a premium on people who can spell correctly and have a good grasp of grammar. It might pay dividends later if you sharpen up now.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Isn't that where you get £30 per week for doing something that 'benefits' you, and something you chose to do :laugh: ? And then when you have an attendance of over 90% you get a 'Christmas Bonus' of about £100 :sick:

I get EMA - I was going to go to 6th form anyway, why would I turn down £30 a week!? :shrug:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Don't mean to be rude but your spelling is atrocious. I know from personal experience that employers put a premium on people who can spell correctly and have a good grasp of grammar. It might pay dividends later if you sharpen up now.

I've tried and tried and tried. Its something that i'm not proud of but just have to deal with. I change words often from ones I know i can't spell to ones I do know I can spell. Grammar again, I just can't seem to fully grasp.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.

Mine isn't great and i'm doing A level English! :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Tuesday is what the police have been advised by organisers I believe.

Out of interest, how much does this weekly protest stretch the nation's police?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Anyone stupid enough to support Spurts would probably regard £30 as a joke but for many working class families that "joke" is a cash incentive large enough to allow kids to stay on at school,If the alternative is a minimum wage job @ 16 years old £3.5647 per hour or the apprentice rate of £2.50. How much could a parent take as housekeeping from a pittance like that?

NMW for 16-17 year olds is £3.64 - will give a take home pay of about £600 a month. If you live at home that would be easy to live on, although buying the latest top of the range all singing all dancing phone may be out of the equation.

Then instead of spending every night down the pub an open iniversity course(s) could be done in the evenings/weekends to up qualificataions without incurring debts. Admittedly you will miss out on four years of drinking and shagging but that's life

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I am a Labour supporter and can tell you that i'd definately be protesting this much.

This issue is not party political for many, if not all students. I'd still be taking to the streets with many other students if this was a Labour choice.

Fair enough. I just find it strange there wasn't such a big fuss made by students when the fees were first introduced.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
We're home, the noodles are getting me high and the drugs are talking to me... i think.

NOTE: Next Tuesday or Saturday there WILL be another protest. We're in the process of deciding which and/or both. I've got no idea who or what is being organized but the buzz around college today was "are you going tuesday". Just a heads up like.

Clue 's in your statement, no bugger will be available on a Saturday !

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Clue 's in your statement, no bugger will be available on a Saturday !

Strange isn't it, that they feel so strongly that they will give up lessons and lectures to demonstrate but not a Saturday :glare:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yeah, frantically trying to get the word out around college tonight with that date now!

Probably a silly question because you can't answer but i'll ask anyway on the off chance you can: will there be the same level of police as last night? And can we expect CS gas this time :lolol:

Pepper spray more likely , watch out for the police dogs on Tuesday , I've heard that Sussex Police won't be feeding the mutts on Monday evening so they will be extra hungry and bad tempered. :lol:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Strange isn't it, that they feel so strongly that they will give up lessons and lectures to demonstrate but not a Saturday :glare:

Many students who wanted to go didn't go to the national march in London, and tuesday was their first protest because it meant missing non/only one lesson instead of a whole day. I skipped tuesday becasue I didn't want to miss the 4 hours of Psychology I missed last week and the week before (3/4 for other reasons than protesting but the point still stands). Many protests will based around the BHASVIC time table which i think has tuesdays as the best day (could be wrong there)

As for Saturday marches, it is now being suggested that if we're going to do a prolonged campaign that we move more dates to a saturday. This is harder though because some of us have work!

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Many protests will based around the BHASVIC time table which i think has tuesdays as the best day (could be wrong there)

:thumbsup: Some truth in that, although I don't think it is is the only reason.

I don't blame you for taking it. That'd be plain stupid. I just don't think you should get it in the first place..

I must admit I do feel guilty about it. Drink & Away game money tho'

I haven't been to any of the previous protests yet. I didn't want to miss lessons. I have a free day on Tuesday so I'm thinking about going. Don't tar everybody with the same brush...

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I haven't been to any of the previous protests yet. I didn't want to miss lessons. I have a free day on Tuesday so I'm thinking about going. Don't tar everybody with the same brush...

Strictly speaking I think you'll find you don't have a "free" day - you're meant to be doing self study during "frees" or at least that's what so many students say when it's pointed out how few hours they actually have to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here