Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you live in/ go home via central Brighton

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You might want to find an alternative route home.

Unless you really want to get deep & meaningful with some students. Doing their best to hold up traffic in various locations :rolleyes:

NSC travel news: out.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
storming vodafone on western road and moving onto poundland according to twatter

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Why do students seem to think that the best way to get their point across is to cause maximum disruption to as many people as possible? If my journey home from work was delayed by a student protest, any sympathy I might have had for their cause would quickly evaporate.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why do students seem to think that the best way to get their point across is to cause maximum disruption to as many people as possible? If my journey home from work was delayed by a student protest, any sympathy I might have had for their cause would quickly evaporate.

Because they are "angry young men and women" who have no consideration for anyone but themselves?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Take their EMA off them :rant: oh , Dodgy Dave and Nasty Nick already have that sorted :blush:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Sussex Police said up to 3,000 students paraded through Brighton city centre as eggs and fireworks were thrown.

Protesters gathered outside Brighton University buildings in Grand Parade and chanted "shame on you" to those inside as 15 people went in.

One Brighton University student, who gave her name only as Charlotte said: "I'm really worried about education. Even though with increased fees, more money will be put in, less money will be spent on the actual teaching and the quality is going to suffer."

hahahahahaha. terrifying.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Because they are "angry young men and women" who have no consideration for anyone but themselves?

Apart from that fact that most of the protesters are current university students, and therefore won't be affected by the rise in tuition fees.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
more detail please

Last I saw when I left work there were still a few hundred of them in various locations around the city centre, dancing around in the road by the Clock Tower, Old Steine & Churchill Square, trying to stop the traffic (smaller groups all over the place).

Traffic looked to be backing up from the footage I saw.

Just trying to assist your journeys...

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
Last I saw when I left work there were still a few hundred of them in various locations around the city centre, dancing around in the road by the Clock Tower, Old Steine & Churchill Square, trying to stop the traffic (smaller groups all over the place).

Traffic looked to be backing up from the footage I saw.

Just trying to assist your journeys...

Thank you officer : I just missed it , but i did wonder why so many of your vehicles were heading at speed into town.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
tossers

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thank you officer : I just missed it , but i did wonder why so many of your vehicles were heading at speed into town.

No problemo. Think they've been around most of the afternoon but evidently they've got bored of just protesting now and have decided to annoy the rest of the public instead. Been watching the live footage from the helicopter downfeed & they seemed to be attempting to block the roads and dancing in that way that only professional protestors do. Hence I thought I'd give the good folk of NSC the heads up.

Then they moved on to the front of the Lego shop (seriously!). Throw a few bricks maybe? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here