Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you could live anywhere in the world.......

Exiled in Indooroopilly

I found this spoon sir
Feb 12, 2009
Only 9 months in but Brisbane does it for me so far. As much as it being a gateway to loads of other places as much as anything else. And the view from Mount Coot-tha.

As someone else posted, Cape Town is stunning and Vancouver floats my boat too.

Brighton will always be where the heart is mind.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Ascension is to small, what can you do on an island with 15k of roads?

Mountain View Club? Volcano Club and two boats,

You will be bored or alcoholic within months,

Yes I have lived there for about 6 months..

The Worlds best kep secret, Wildlife, beautiful beaches, Barbq parties, green mountain and low cost beer!

:flameboun

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Have to agree.

Having said that, Fremantle is even better!

Perth is good and has quite a bohemian atmosphere in places but I have to agree Fremantle reminds me a lot of Brighton with the street theatre, cafe strip, fish and chips, beach etc.
The family and myself look forward to a vist to Cicerello's whenever we can.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Berlin. Have already lived there for a bit. Hope to go back.

:bowdown:

Went there for the first time at Easter and fell in love with the place, absolutely fascinating, buzzing place. Anyone who has not been there is seriously missing out.

Would have no hesitation in living there in different circumstances (no kids, 10 years younger!).

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Oh, and I forgot, I really love Brittany and SW France (inland from Biarritz) - beautiful scenery, great grub, cracking sporting culture.

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
I think the answer to this one depends how old you are, your responsibilities and your situation in life:

1)Young free and single - travel the world and see as much as you can.
2)Married with kids - choose a safe, stable envoirnment to bring the kids up.
3)Retired - see 1 above.

I have pretty much followed the above so far and am currently in the middle of stage 2 and live in rural central France (but I work in the UK 96hrs a month to earn a living). My kids, unlike my friends in places like Thornton Heath, don't have to worry about having their mobiles robbed or getting beaten up by pissed up idiots on a weekend out. It's the perfect place to bring up a family and the lifestyle I haver here I would simply not be able to afford in the UK. However, once the kids have flown the nest it would probably be too quiet for just me and the missus on our own where we are now. In my ideal world, for retirement, I would spend the summer months in our family home in France and then travel by spending the other six months renting an appartment in every major world city, just to get to know them.

Having said all that and being a Sussex boy, if I had to live permenantly in the UK it would be Lewes. Great town, great pubs, close to Falmer, close to the sea and with the magnificent South Downs as your back garden.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Brighton & Hove for me too. I never forget to count my blessings, especially after I've been away & feel that, ahem, feeling - when I see the pylons of home on the A23. Tres Spesh. :thumbsup:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I love Lyme Regis, I have been to some magnificent places all over the globe but I genuinely don't think I'd rather live anywhere else but here.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
The Worlds best kep secret, Wildlife, beautiful beaches, Barbq parties, green mountain and low cost beer!

:flameboun

What wild life? you mean birds and land crabs or wild cats? ok turtles..
nice beaces yes, but only 2 that are safe to swim on due to currents.
Green mountain? once you have been up it or through the tunnel thats it.

Not so low cost beer,

I was there just over a year ago and some kind of tax has been introduced, there is only 1 importer of beer and spirits, no more £5 bottles of spiced rum..
Beer is 75 p a tin in Mountain view..

Not my idea of paradise but it takes all sorts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here