Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we lost the next 3 what would dick knight do?

Just out of interest - When there were calls for Adams to be axed did you join in?

Adams had a whole season to shape his side before the Championship season, why should Wilkins get different treatment?

Dean Wilkins's managerial career

Team From To Games Won Lost Drawn
Brighton 08-09-2006 Present PLD. 85 WON 30 DRAWN 34 LOST 21

Has had slightly longer than a season ................................

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I will be happy to give Wilkins next season, Last season was a write off - it wasnt his team, team morale low etc.

This season is about rebuilding and next I would hope for a better go at getting out of this league.

Also, would Adams be able to build a side without the players he used at most clubs he went to? Freeman, Chippy, Watto etc?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
An alternative question:-

If we go ten games without losing, what would byf or bhafc4eva do?

What would I do......If that happens then that must mean that the club got rid of Wilkins...so I would applaud and praise the new manager and also Dick Knight for getting rid of Wilkins.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Adams signed Zamora and it proved to be a success.
Coppel signed Knight bagged 30 goals and secured promotion, with McGhee's guidance.

Isn't part of finding the right players something to do with being a good manager?

Both cost less than that fat lump from Rochdale.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Adams signed Zamora and it proved to be a success.
Coppel signed Knight bagged 30 goals and secured promotion, with McGhee's guidance.

Isn't part of finding the right players something to do with being a good manager?

Both cost less than that fat lump from Rochdale.

Who has scored 2 in 3 games......

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I think it is difficult to contrast the Adams era and the Wilkins era. We have been in decline for a fair while, since we sold off some of the family silver and lost our impetus in the championship.

You can see what Dean is trying to do and we are beginning to build a decent spine of the team. There were mumblings that we are going to have a clear out at the end of the season, which should free up some of the wage bill to build on the players that can make it at this level and above. Last season was always going to be a struggle and he was thrown in at the deep end. His transfer dealings have proven to be positive and he deserves his chance at the start of next season. Of course, he is not perfect, but none of the team are.

We looked like playoff contenders when he was able to strengthen his hand with O’Callaghan, Richards etc. and we actually had a decent bench to change a game. The wheels came off when that fell to pieces, but I see the team as being more a victim of circumstances rather than direct fallibility of the coaching staff and team. A new manager is going to face the same financial constraints.

I really do not see changing the manager as a positive step. He knows the team and he knows what we need, it is a question of backing from the board to get the right bodies in for the start of next season.

Adams, effectively, had the license to start from scratch with a large budget and managed to convince former players to join. Whilst not taking anything away from him, Zamora was a big factor in the success of the Albion. Of course, credit for signing him, but it was flattering on the team - ditto for Taylor.

Words of wisdom, words of wisdom.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
What would I do......If that happens then that must mean that the club got rid of Wilkins...so I would applaud and praise the new manager and also Dick Knight for getting rid of Wilkins.

Ignoring of course the decent spell earlier in the season, when DW had built a temporary team that were difficult to beat and played some decent stuff.

I can appreciate that you have a different opinion, but smoetimes your whiny grizzling and petty little digs, wherever possible, make you sound like a bit of a prat and undermines your 'logical' reasonings.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I dont think he will do anything.

Wilkins is here for the long term. Personally speaking, with the record of DK and managers, it would be very bad on this club if Wilkins were to go before the end of the season.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Dean Wilkins's managerial career

Team From To Games Won Lost Drawn
Brighton 08-09-2006 Present PLD. 85 WON 30 DRAWN 34 LOST 21

QUOTE]

That leaves him with an almost 50% success rate, a reasonable return for a club with some of the most fickle fans in football I think.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
isnt 50% half???

30 is not half of 85

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
its actually 5 games from 1 in 3

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Alternatively, those figures suggest that we are losing 1 in 4 games. Now, whilst it could be much better and there is room for improvement, we are in a transitional stage and gradually rebuilding. It is not going to happen over night.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
[QUOTE

50% win record is fairly impressive.
Ididn't say 50% WIN rate.
let me explain, just for this purpose imagine they are all league games
85 games = a possible 255 points
30 wins = 90 points
34 draws = 34 points
a total of 124 points leaving us just 3.5 points off of a 50% success rate
which is why I originally said an ALMOST 50% SUCCESS rate.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
wwdd?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here