Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we lost the next 3 what would dick knight do?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
????????????

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
One would hope he would call a meeting with the players and coaching staff and thrash it out. Losing three on the bounce at home would certainly be a cause for concern. The players must stand up and be counted tonight. I expect to see nothing less than 100% and really go for it - we must not be scared.

Come on Albion!!! :ascarf:

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
The hounarable thing and the one thing the fans want, appoint a proven manager to take us forward.

Don't think it will happen but surely Wilkins is on thin ice.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
We won't lose the next 3, it's a hypothetical question trying to cause trouble and encourage negativity.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The hounarable thing and the one thing the fans want, appoint a proven manager to take us forward.

Don't think it will happen but surely Wilkins is on thin ice.

Just out of interest - When there were calls for Adams to be axed did you join in?

Adams had a whole season to shape his side before the Championship season, why should Wilkins get different treatment?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Didn't Adams just have 3/4 of a season the same as DW , but the very next season he took us up ?

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Just out of interest - When there were calls for Adams to be axed did you join in?

Adams had a whole season to shape his side before the Championship season, why should Wilkins get different treatment?

I only had respect for Micky and would welcome him back with open arms.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Wilkins has had, after this season nearly 2 full seasons and can't really say the team has progressed in that time. How long can we give him before eventually he takes us down?

larus

Wilkins has had, after this season nearly 2 full seasons and can't really say the team has progressed in that time. How long can we give him before eventually he takes us down?

From what I remember, Adams had the highest budget to work with in Div 4. DW has only just had money to spend, and he's also had players leave who he wanted to keep.

Not really a fair comparison IMO.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

I think it is difficult to contrast the Adams era and the Wilkins era. We have been in decline for a fair while, since we sold off some of the family silver and lost our impetus in the championship.

You can see what Dean is trying to do and we are beginning to build a decent spine of the team. There were mumblings that we are going to have a clear out at the end of the season, which should free up some of the wage bill to build on the players that can make it at this level and above. Last season was always going to be a struggle and he was thrown in at the deep end. His transfer dealings have proven to be positive and he deserves his chance at the start of next season. Of course, he is not perfect, but none of the team are.

We looked like playoff contenders when he was able to strengthen his hand with O’Callaghan, Richards etc. and we actually had a decent bench to change a game. The wheels came off when that fell to pieces, but I see the team as being more a victim of circumstances rather than direct fallibility of the coaching staff and team. A new manager is going to face the same financial constraints.

I really do not see changing the manager as a positive step. He knows the team and he knows what we need, it is a question of backing from the board to get the right bodies in for the start of next season.

Adams, effectively, had the license to start from scratch with a large budget and managed to convince former players to join. Whilst not taking anything away from him, Zamora was a big factor in the success of the Albion. Of course, credit for signing him, but it was flattering on the team - ditto for Taylor.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
"If we lost the next 3 what would dick knight do? "

absolute f***ing dribble

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He had the tail end of the second season at Gillingham then the first back at Withers I thought

That is true Mr Kinky he most certainly did, and Adams was also skating on thin ice as well, until we went on a 14 game unbeaten run at the end of that season. It started with the 7-1 win at Chester. At the beginning of the Champ season signed a certain Mr B Zamora full time following his successful loan spell!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here