Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we lose at Yeovil, Slade in or out?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What a new all seater stadium and a chairman worth a reported 80million! I doubt that very much!

Leeds, Charlton and Leicester don't have new stadiums, yet they expect promotion this year.

Mellotron wasn't saying every team is in the same situation as us, but that 10 teams will believe they have a realistic chance of promotion.

What's so wrong with play offs as a minimum next year? McGhee needed the play offs to get promotion (even though coppell was coasting to division title with the same team).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Considering if he hadn't pulled off a miracle we'd be playing in League 2 at the moment...he deserves a bit longer imo even if we lose the next two.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
NSC "Slade in or out" post shocker

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I can't make my mind up about Slade but I'm pretty sure of one thing, we don't have the players in the squad to make a real difference in this league and we won't have them next season either if money is not available to spend on bringing some real class to the side and paying the kind of wages that players who can live in the Championship expect. I'm not saying that we should get ourselves in debt or make this club any more financially unviable than it already is but the fact remains that, regardless of the quality or otherwise of our manager, the players are distinctly average at best.

bhamanandboy

Feb 17, 2008
I can't make my mind up about Slade but I'm pretty sure of one thing, we don't have the players in the squad to make a real difference in this league and we won't have them next season either if money is not available to spend on bringing some real class to the side and paying the kind of wages that players who can live in the Championship expect. I'm not saying that we should get ourselves in debt or make this club any more financially unviable than it already is but the fact remains that, regardless of the quality or otherwise of our manager, the players are distinctly average at best.

couldnt agree more. good post.

If you have no quality then Alex ferguson could do no better in this situation.

But remember Slade was the brains behind the transfers.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
couldnt agree more. good post.

If you have no quality then Alex ferguson could do no better in this situation.

But remember Slade was the brains behind the transfers.

Tell you what, try and say something positive.....go on, I dare you

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Just give Salde a proper assistant manager to help him and watch things turn around... Mark my words...

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
does it have to be an IN or OUT debate? i'm a bit worried about slade and his team but its a bit more complicated than just a straight in or out surely? bloom has given him loads of cash to spend and slade's brought in a lot of players, plus he's cleared out from the squad people he didn't want. this is HIS team. and surely the decision to keep booker and white was his too. so he doesn't really have an excuses now.

for the money we've spent we SHOULD be doing better. i thought we were fairly poor once again yesterday. we never look like scoring.

i would think bloom will want to back his investment (the money he's let slade spend) for as long as possible this season. but i reckon he'll pull the trigger if we're bottom 4 at the start of december.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Leeds, Charlton and Leicester don't have new stadiums, yet they expect promotion this year.

What are you on about Charlton have a new stadium and so do Leicester, well new in the past few seasons, Charlton were relegated and Leicester got promoted. Leeds wrote off their debt so they could buy better players so what is your point.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
OUT! Well, out either way really, he has turned out to be a total disaster this season. Even if he starts to turn things around at this level and we can stay up, he clearly is not the Manager to take us to the Premiership anyway.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Let him get his first choice defence to give us a solid base and can see things being a lot better. With Murray now back and hopefully fit we have competition up front which we didn't have before. Win on Sat and win on Tues night and things look a lot better.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Make no mistake the play offs is NOT good enough next season we need automatic promotion. It is a 2 yer plan for the manager to get us in the Championship. Foget all this play offs bollocks. You have a 1 in 4 chance then.

Who are we , real madrid ?

Why is it not good enough, teams like Huddersfield been rattling around L1 for yonks in their not so new stadium. What gives us the divine right ?

bhamanandboy

Feb 17, 2008
Who are we , real madrid ?

Why is it not good enough, teams like Huddersfield been rattling around L1 for yonks in their not so new stadium. What gives us the divine right ?

We are Brighton, Super Brighton, we are Brighton from the south!!

Enough said!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Definately slade in!
If anyone can do it he can, and for those wanting him out, i cant think of anybody decent that would come here IF bloom were to sack slade. In the past few years managers have come and gone too quickly, time to give him a bit of a chance me thinks!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here