Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we lose at Yeovil, Slade in or out?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
If we lose Slade should go, the players should be put in stocks in Churchill Square and we should all march to Falmer with fire torches and garden forks and destroy the place.

As a Brighton supporter I want blood and my week is not complete unless someone loses their job

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
In response to the original question, I think your time would be better spent getting behind the manager instead of creating "Slade in or out" threads.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
Forgetting the debacle at Huddersfield, the away form has been pretty respectable. 6 points from 5 games is a reasonable return.
However, the home results have been nothing short of appalling. We have already lost 4 out of 5, to some pretty ordinary teams. IMHO we should have lost no more than one home game so far and should have at least another 5 points.
Unless we fill our boots in the next 5 games and by that I mean between 10 and 13 points, then Slade is in trouble.
Most of the big guns have still to visit Withdean, so expect quite a few more home defeats yet. We lost 11 at home last season and that was the main reason for our struggles...unless there is a dramatic turnaround, we are heading in the same direction.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
I think Slade will be safe in the short run, because while the results are poor there is just enough upside in the performances and sufficient evidence to suggest the results will come good. The example of Micky Adams' first season is probably over-used, but it took him a good 12 months to turn his team into genuine contenders. Several of his signings turned out not to be up to scratch and were replaced.

On balance, I think Bloom will realise that sticking with Russell is the best bet for now. If we're still in the relegation zone in December, however, Salad may well be looking for a new job.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I think Slade will be safe in the short run, because while the results are poor there is just enough upside in the performances and sufficient evidence to suggest the results will come good. The example of Micky Adams' first season is probably over-used, but it took him a good 12 months to turn his team into genuine contenders. Several of his signings turned out not to be up to scratch and were replaced.

On balance, I think Bloom will realise that sticking with Russell is the best bet for now. If we're still in the relegation zone in December, however, Salad may well be looking for a new job.

Bloom was told by RS that this team was good enough for the play offs.........

If I was TB I would feel short changed because after spunking 1.4 million this year we are shite....

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
We're a bit shit, I agree. Whatever people wish to use as excuses. We've been poor so far. I sincerely hope we can start winning games next Tuesday or I fear for the likeable baldy.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
As a Brighton supporter I want blood and my week is not complete unless someone loses their job

Somewhere tonight, Dario Gradi is laughing...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here