Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If the club and Poyet kiss and make up...

How will you feel if the club and Poyet kiss and make up?

• Happy - I trust Bloom and the project continues.

Votes: 307 58.7%
  • Unhappy - Poyet's shown his hand and will do so again sooner rather than later.

Votes: 140 26.8%
  • Fence

Votes: 76 14.5%

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
ie it's bollocks, otherwise you'd PM me what you know.

Oh well, believe what you want I guess.

I asked you politely not to push this, yet you still try to provoke a discussion, which the club have asked us not to do.

Best I put you on ignore so as not to be dragged in any further.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
...how would you feel?

For some reason today I am in total forgiveness mode and think that if GP & TB have settled there differences and agreed to one more season or whatever then lets get moving and put it all behind us. Better the devil you know and all that!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm referring to his demeanour during a particular football match. Does anyone still have the match recorded to allow a factual check of whether he was attmepting to change things / motivate the team during the 2nd half?

He brought on Barnes who had his first shot tipped onto the bar by Speroni, who gratefully watched it go over from that save. Barnes also had a shot headed off the line by Moxey, when it had beaten Speroni.
I would say that was quite a good substitution and could have been a game changer. When it came down to it, the players were the ones who decided the result. Calderon picking up a yellow, which then gave Zaha free reign to run at him.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I trust TB, but also feel that the damage has [probably] been done in terms of Gus vs Club (incl Fans, Players & Management) and that the negative press (however true or false) has been enough to hurt the "project". New broom and all that needed now.

Regardless of what happens I have every faith in the balance being restored and Brighton fulfilling the destiny that TB has set and making it to the prem before too long.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
He brought on Barnes who had his first shot tipped onto the bar by Speroni, who gratefully watched it go over from that save. Barnes also had a shot headed off the line by Moxey, when it had beaten Speroni.
I would say that was quite a good substitution and could have been a game changer. When it came down to it, the players were the ones who decided the result. Calderon picking up a yellow, which then gave Zaha free reign to run at him.

Not forgetting for the first goal it was the first time Zaha had got the better of Bridge by beating him to the ball, and the cross was actually accurate which must have been a shock considering who it came from. The second we were chasing the game. That game was on such a fine margin I don't understand why some say we were completely out performed.
Simple fact is it that since Gus has been here we have got better every season that can not be denied. Had Upson and Ulloa been here a week or two more I personally think we would have been top two.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Bottom line is I trust TB to make the best choice for the club. If he feels Poyet can stay and can take us forward then who am I to question his judgement.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
**** Alert someone that knows his football****

Mo Mo Mo, such a accurate assessment of the situation, please tell me you are Tony Bloom.

No...sadly I am not Tony Bloom.
Just a fan with 45 years+ of watching the Albion and in that time I have seen the very good down to the appallingly bad.
Poyet has done a good job but not an outstanding one. He has flaws and he will have them all his managerial career. If you are cautious by nature, you don't suddenly become bold and brave. If you believe implicitly in one gameplan you are not going to consider changing it too much.
Fans just need to open their eyes to the possibility that there might be much better prospects out there

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Bottom line is I trust TB to make the best choice for the club. If he feels Poyet can stay and can take us forward then who am I to question his judgement.

This. Let's hope it's soon.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
But if he stays I will also wonder whether he is here because we did not have sufficient grounds to dismiss for breech of contract and could not afford to pay off his contract and that gus did not get approached by a club he wanted willing to pay the compo and he could not afford to buy out of his contract.

Not the best basis for a committed working relationship.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But if he stays I will also wonder whether he is here because we did not have sufficient grounds to dismiss for breech of contract and could not afford to pay off his contract and that gus did not get approached by a club he wanted willing to pay the compo and he could not afford to buy out of his contract.

Not the best basis for a committed working relationship.

We have been asked not to speculate.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Whilst I agree with you that there are other options out there, your assessment of Poyet's record is North Korean in it's outlook. As for comments such as 'peaks and troughs, ups and downs', those could be levelled at nearly every club in the Championship.

The Holloway who you champion had a record in the league of W11 D13 L10 last season with the Stripeys, does that really get you salivating? I am not knocking his record in the play-offs, but prior to that he was at best treading water with Palace.

...and now they are in the PL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here