Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If the club and Poyet kiss and make up...

How will you feel if the club and Poyet kiss and make up?

• Happy - I trust Bloom and the project continues.

Votes: 307 58.7%
  • Unhappy - Poyet's shown his hand and will do so again sooner rather than later.

Votes: 140 26.8%
  • Fence

Votes: 76 14.5%

• Total voters

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
He brought on Barnes who had his first shot tipped onto the bar by Speroni, who gratefully watched it go over from that save. Barnes also had a shot headed off the line by Moxey, when it had beaten Speroni.
I would say that was quite a good substitution and could have been a game changer. When it came down to it, the players were the ones who decided the result. Calderon picking up a yellow, which then gave Zaha free reign to run at him.

Not forgetting the little matter of Bolassie entering the fray, which freed up Zaha to roam all over. This turned the game.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Due to what is in effect a cup game. We beat Man City in 2008, but nobody would have said that we were the better team.

A massively important cup game. The biggest BHA game for many years. One team going into it full of confidence ( unbeaten in ten or so games ) and the other, with only one win in ten or so games. One team treated it like a one-off cup final and the other prepared for it like just another game.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Would I be happy if Gus stayed, yeah if he, Tony and Barber can sort the differences.

Would I be happy if we got one of some of the exciting names mentioned, of course, a new direction, new impetus etc...

Fence for me. Better the devil you know but some interesting names being linked to the job......

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
If you are being forced or pressurised into joining in this debate, of even worse you are being bullied into opening this thread!! :eek: PLEASE do let me know who is doing it and I will ban them straight away :thumbsup:

It is boring though isn't it. Are you not bored by it? I'm bored by it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A massively important cup game. The biggest BHA game for many years. One team going into it full of confidence ( unbeaten in ten or so games ) and the other, with only one win in ten or so games. One team treated it like a one-off cup final and the other prepared for it like just another game.

As I stated before, Holloway has won the playoffs three times. Experience helps, but the only way to get experience is to actually do it.
His experience also paid off against another young manager, Zola.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
He has asked a simple question with a poll attached, nowhere have I seen him suggest he knows something!

It's you lot, this is like watching "The Life of Brian" :lol:

Oh come on, you know it's one gigantic carrot followed by silence. Hence 13 pages of hope/dispair already on a passionate subject.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
'm stil fence, because the last 3rd of the season saw us hit promotion form. If Tony is happy to go on, so am I. I would expect everyone to learn an important lesson, and perhaps Gus will have the humility to change his style to correct and percieved flaws.[/QUOTE]

In an ideal world yes, but that's not going to happen. Gus is Gus, he is unable to be any diifferent, he can't help but open his mouth and air his views. Even if he and the Club do make up it's going to happen again and again in the future. Enough is enough. Time to move on l'm afraid.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Papa Lazarou said:
I'm stil fence, because the last 3rd of the season saw us hit promotion form. If Tony is happy to go on, so am I. I would expect everyone to learn an important lesson, and perhaps Gus will have the humility to change his style to correct and percieved flaws.

In an ideal world yes, but that's not going to happen. Gus is Gus, he is unable to be any diifferent, he can't help but open his mouth and air his views. Even if he and the Club do make up it's going to happen again and again in the future. Enough is enough. Time to move on l'm afraid.

I would imagine (if this is a possibility) those things are being discussed currently.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
It is boring though isn't it. Are you not bored by it? I'm bored by it.

Far from it, hence why I have opened the thread and reading it.

Normally I either don't go back to a thread if its not for me, or I don't open it in the first place, obviously there will be exceptions for me at times as being a moderator I may have to, but you don't!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Without going into speculation, I don't think opening his mouth was the problem. You're right, he'll never change which is why he got the nickname of Radio, as he couldn't be switched off.
I'm still on the Gus bus because of the quality of players he seems to be able to attract without over spending.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Bottom line is I trust TB to make the best choice for the club. If he feels Poyet can stay and can take us forward then who am I to question his judgement.

This

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Oh come on, you know it's one gigantic carrot followed by silence. Hence 13 pages of hope/dispair already on a passionate subject.

Have you ever thought that his silence in this thread is due to the fact the guy has to make a living by working? or maybe has family matters to deal with? or maybe he just has nothing more to add?

He simply asked a question and added a poll.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
He has asked a simple question with a poll attached, nowhere have I seen him suggest he knows something!

The wording of the thread title could lead some to believe Bozza knows something.

If it said "If the club told Poyet to Do One......how would you feel?", reactions would have been slightly different.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Without wishing to provoke going back over it all again (and again, and again), I've not seen many "exciting" names mentioned in connection with it.

But Tony Bloom would never make any list known publicly. He could be talking to lots of amazing / exciting candidates, but unless someone happens to spot them entering the little chef / Grand together we're unlikely to ever know.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Have you ever thought that his silence in this thread is due to the fact the guy has to make a living by working? or maybe has family matters to deal with? or maybe he just has nothing more to add?

He simply asked a question and added a poll.

Yes I have. He found time to dangle the carrot ... It's ok, you're towing the NSC admin line, I can see that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here