Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If only you'd kept Murray

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
I can't help thinking that if you'd kept Murray, you would have won more games than you actually have and been higher up the table than you in fact are. Also, the score would have been 1-2 (unless he'd scored for you that is).

What do you think?

Should you have...

1) Kept Murray?

2) Not kept him?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Kept him.

Or replaced him with someone else who can hold the ball up or win those cheeky free kicks when its whacked out of defence.

Palace fan at work says he hasnt seen someone who can hold the ball up like Murray in a VERY long time. Kind of what we knew.

As an aside he said Palace release the ball quickly whereas we are pedestrian and slow (but thats a different story).

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
I think the problem we have is the lack of a proven championship level striker to play alongside CMS, rather than specifically a lack of Glenn Murray, although keeping him would have helped.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think the problem we have is the lack of a proven championship level striker to play alongside CMS, rather than specifically a lack of Glenn Murray, although keeping him would have helped.

Oh and this.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Why do you think this site was in meltdown the day after we got promoted against Dagenham.
Sky ran a story that Murray was off to you lot, that really pissed on our parade.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
It's not as easy as us saying what we would have done, as we don't know what went on behind the scenes. Poyet clearly had a reason for not giving into Murray's (not extortionate if the rumours are true) wage demands. Maybe it was the 3 year deal that put him off. We just don't know. All we can confirm is that you have a top striker on your books.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Totally would have liked to have kept him however Gus is the boss and the boss makes the decisions and lives & dies by them. Unrealistic wage demands, upsetting team disharmony are rumours heard at the back end of his term with us, no-one knows but it is fair to say, he is a quality striker and we miss him but is he the reason we are not above you in the table, no not the only one.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'm sure we would of all preferred to keep our top scorer , anyone who says otherwise is probably fibbing! But we didn't, so that's it really!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
to be honest as good as he was I would be the first 2)

we DO need another striker , this goes without saying - and something different to what we've got , but it's not Muzza

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
But after watching last night you desperately need a target man. CMS ran all over the pitch but his co-ordination with the other forwards, in particular Noone was not good.
It's like the other players thought Muzza wasc still up front.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm sure we would of all preferred to keep our top scorer , anyone who says otherwise is probably fibbing! But we didn't, so that's it really!

There is also the consideration that he hadn't played at Championship level before so no one knew whether he could make the step up. Barnes was only 2 goals behind him and would probably have scored more if he had been given the penalty taker job earlier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here