Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If only you'd kept Murray

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
Bloody hell! How long did that take?

I swear to God, there have been people talking about football on this thread.

Bring back the old days when there were a handful of Bright*n stalwarts like yourself on here, Braders. Who are these new boys?

You'd be better off back at Withdean.

....and f*** off yourself!

All this speculation is pointless as nobody can really judge what contribution he would have made in the current Brighton team. Murray went and is doing alright so far. Ask the question at the end of the season not a quarter way through.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
I liked Murray, but he wanted a big pay rise and a signing fee and Poyet felt that would upset the wage structure and would cause upset with the other players (and yes I was told that by someone in the club). Do we miss him ?, yes, do the club and players, no, so not sure if that is a 1 and 2. I would not swap him for CMS, but would for Barnes.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
There is also the consideration that he hadn't played at Championship level before so no one knew whether he could make the step up. Barnes was only 2 goals behind him and would probably have scored more if he had been given the penalty taker job earlier.

I can't disagree, but seeing as the majority of our squad hadn't played in the championship it isn't really a case that holds much substance!

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
Kept him for sure, but with a demand like that we can only give out contracts which the club feel are worthy of being.

Oct 25, 2003
any team will miss their top scorer when they leave...........however, in my view cms is better, but murray is FAR better than barnes

hold up play is something we're seriously lacking, hopefully we'll bring someone in during the TRANNY WINDOW to solve that, as we currently have no plan b....something murray and wood gave us last season

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A chap in the P & R queue last night was saying that he knows GM very well and the only difference between the offer by Palace and us was that they have given him a 3 year contract which he wanted and we offered him a 2 year one. He also got the signing on fee, which we also offered, but his wage is the same as we offered and he didnt want to leave but for his family security he needed the 3 year contract.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Murray was one of our best players of the Withdean era, and I think he would have done well for us in the championship.

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Lets assess at the end of the season, if my memory serves me right about Glenn his form begins to dip as we approach bonfire night.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Gus has ambition , a 3 year deal for Muzza didn't fit in with the team rebuilding strategy. He didn't think he would be good enough for us in Year 3 which is why he was let go.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
If, on the last day of last season someone told me "We're getting rid of Murray and signing CMS, and Murray is off to the Nigels" I would have said "Fine, I'll drive the dour-faced cu.nt there myself"

Over time I think we'll see who the better striker is, and he won't be running around that bombsite in South London, apart from the one time when he sticks two in your onion bag on 31st January

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
If we could have signed Glennda on a 1 year performance related contract,then yes,we should have kept him.But you are really welcome to the sulky twat for 3 years,mugs!:whistle:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Poyet didn`t think he was worth the money he wanted.

I would have kept him as would most on here.

I totally agree and he was our best goal scorer. I rue the day we let him go to Sarf London.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here