Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If only you'd kept Murray

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
On one hand I'd like to have seen Murray stay as it would've been interesting to see how he worked alongside CMS, On the other hand if I had to choose between Murray and CMS then then I'd rather have the latter as not only do I think he's the better player but he also appears to have the better attitude. As far as results are concerned I really dont know how much difference Murray would've made by staying here because as much as Palace fans like to come on here and gloat about taking Murray to me he was'nt our biggest loss, As far as i'm concerned our biggest loss was losing Elliot Bennett. Yes Murray won things in the air and scored goals but Bennett was the player that made us tick going forward, He was the player that could get hold of the ball and make things happen whether it be running at the defence, playing the killer pass, Putting in a decent cross or even scoring goals. Without Bennett our strikers would'nt have had the decent season they did and the fact he's now in the premier league and being talked about as a possible international player sort of backs it up really.
Now if you really want to talk about a striker we let slip through our hands then it's Chris Wood, He's the striker thats been scoring for fun this season and the sort of striker we could've done with.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
On one hand I'd like to have seen Murray stay as it would've been interesting to see how he worked alongside CMS, On the other hand if I had to choose between Murray and CMS then then I'd rather have the latter as not only do I think he's the better player but he also appears to have the better attitude. As far as results are concerned I really dont know how much difference Murray would've made by staying here because as much as Palace fans like to come on here and gloat about taking Murray to me he was'nt our biggest loss, As far as i'm concerned our biggest loss was losing Elliot Bennett. Yes Murray won things in the air and scored goals but Bennett was the player that made us tick going forward, He was the player that could get hold of the ball and make things happen whether it be running at the defence, playing the killer pass, Putting in a decent cross or even scoring goals. Without Bennett our strikers would'nt have had the decent season they did and the fact he's now in the premier league and being talked about as a possible international player sort of backs it up really.
Now if you really want to talk about a striker we let slip through our hands then it's Chris Wood, He's the striker thats been scoring for fun this season and the sort of striker we could've done with.

Benno is certainly on fire at Norwich, I'm wondering why Lua-Lua seems to have dropped out of the picture though. You really need a winger to exploit all that wide space. Noone tends to cut inside and have a go himself (selfishly in my view) rather than unload to someone better placed.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think Vicente has been signed to fill the Benno role EVENTUALLY.

Could be wrong tho.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Benno is certainly on fire at Norwich, I'm wondering why Lua-Lua seems to have dropped out of the picture though. You really need a winger to exploit all that wide space. Noone tends to cut inside and have a go himself (selfishly in my view) rather than unload to someone better placed.

Not sure whats going on with Lua Lua, Lack of confidence? Lack of fitness? Whatever it is he's been a shadow of the player we've seen before and has'nt really done anything to warrant a place in the team so far, As it stands i'm just glad we did'nt pay the reported £1.5m for him that was being mentioned in the summer.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Depends where he would be deployed. If he was here playing the same role that Barnes is now he wouldn't make much difference. If he was up front with CMS he'd be brilliant (but Barnes would be better there too).

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Strong rumour that Murray visited Palace and then his agent came back to Gus wanting to accept Albions final offer but Gus then told him to "F*ck Off" leaving Murray no option but to sign for Palace.

Could have been a mistake on Gus part but in the long run I don't think so.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I wouldnt have kept him . hes a good player but we play the wrong way for him. His style suits Palaces play and he is thriving. If he had stayed he would not have thrived here.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
We miss him - not desperately - but we do miss him. If it was an either or (CMS or Murray) I would still take CMS.

But I would have preferred to have kept Wood. In goal scoring terms he is doing better than CMS and Murray combined this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here