Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If "No" to Falmer then what?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Spiros said:
I wondered how long it would be before the Pende plan reared its head on this thread. The FA stipulated that any new ground had to be within 8 miles of Brighton Pavilion. Pende is 9 miles (according to Multimap anyway). Only just outside the limit but outside all the same.

Isn't it now being turned into a golf course anyway? If it isn't or if there is still enough room then it might come into consideration if 1. Falmer is turned down and
2. The 8 mile restriction is dropped/extended

Even though I live in Worthing, I would rather see the Albion playing in Brighton & Hove than in Lancing.

I really don't think the FA can hold us to that 8 mile rule now that they have allowed Wimbledon to move to Milton Keynes!

Gull Downunder

Jul 7, 2003
Melbourne
A no for Falmer doesn't bear thinking about. But if that's what happens then maybe the Pende alternative should be plan B. But it wont be no... will it!?! :eek:

There'll be alot of anger if it's a no. Surely it will be YES. :clap:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If it comes to the crunch: it will be people who make the decisions.

If the fans want to choose their best alternative its up to them. If you've got a better suggestion please draw up a plan.

I would NOT like to leave the decision up to the Brighton elected politicians.

As far as Falmer is concerned, I hope Lord Bracknell's diary of events is correct, as I am totally fed up with all the delays.

I certainly will be upset if there are any more excuses.

I am too bothered about the extra seats at Withdean any more. It seemed a bit of a cruddy expensive plan to me. if Lord Bracknell's diary of events is correct after the go ahead for Falmer is given I wouldn't waste any more dosh on Withdean.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
When is the decision expected - one minute the local radio says this week, then the end of the month, and today said mid February ?

Does anyone have a clue ?

:shootself

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Suspect Prezza will do nothing prior to the Hutton report and the vote on Top-up Fees. The last thing the government needs prior to the vote is anything controversial, upsetting either Albion fans or the tree huggers

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Keith Hill, the Right Honourable MP for the Crystal Palace tribal area.

Last edited:

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
If Falmer fails I have a fall back plan partially agreed to use the Oval at Saltdean Park.

Forming a huge natural bowl, it will hold at least 275,000 spectators, but the park keepers house, childrens playground , and bowling facilities may have to be moved first....

The Saltdean Tavern has agreed to lay on extra Mild and pork scratchings before the game and away supporters have been promised use of the Wacky Warehouse at half time.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Smart Mart said:
If Falmer fails I have a fall back plan partially agreed to use the Oval at Saltdean Park.

Forming a huge natural bowl, it will hold at least 275,000 spectators, but the park keepers house, childrens playground , and bowling facilities may have to be moved first....

The Saltdean Tavern has agreed to lay on extra Mild and pork scratchings before the game and away supporters have been promised use of the Wacky Warehouse at half time.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Nice. And I'll be able to watch from my window... :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Seriously, if Falmer fails, Withdean could be acceptable if it was done up and made to 12,000 I suppose. There is also the possibility of sharing with Crawley or even Palace. :nono:

BTW, Falmer can be increased in size. So that Pende stuff is crap about Falmer being an unambitious choice. :glare:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Smart Mart said:

I would love that! :D My family wouldn't be nimby's either. :D

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Storer68 said:
Likely that the decision won't be taken by prescott himself but in his name by Keith Hill who is the Planning Minister.

And I thought Keith Hill was a football referee !

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
TC said:
Nice. And I'll be able to watch from my window... :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Seriously, if Falmer fails, Withdean could be acceptable if it was done up and made to 12,000 I suppose. There is also the possibility of sharing with Crawley or even Palace. :nono:

BTW, Falmer can be increased in size. So that Pende stuff is crap about Falmer being an unambitious choice. :glare:

Err, sharing with Palace, what utter bollocks.
Falmer being increased in size, what utter bollocks.
Withdean could be acceptable, what utter bollocks.

See if you can spot the trend............................

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Sounds like there are some people who leave when we are 0-3 down and there is five minutes to go.

:rolleyes:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If we don't get Falmer it will be like watching a close relative die slowly of an incurable disease.

Does not bear thinking about

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
perseus said:
Sounds like there are some people who leave when we are 0-3 down and there is five minutes to go.

:rolleyes:

The glass is half empty, or half full - is that what you mean?

I pretty much always stay 'till the bitter end, no matter what the score, doesn't stop me being nervous about Falmer and being concerned about the consequences of a No vote

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here