Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If McGhee went ?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Uncle Buck said:
Indeed, but you could argue, like when Coppell was with us he was starting from a servely hampered position, yet got them to the last day with a chance of survival.

Which says to me, what can he do with us, if McGhee went today and Ternant took over tomorrow?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Yorkie said:
Which says to me, what can he do with us, if McGhee went today and Ternant took over tomorrow?

He might get them playing again, he might have a plan B and if we go down, he would be able to work out who to keep and what needed replacing over the summer.

Oh and he might keep us up, with McGhee looks incapable of doing.

Last edited:

sirmax2004

Sep 7, 2005
Brighton
Yorkie said:
And was with Gillingham when they got relegated last season.

ternant took over gillingham with one of the worst squads in the division, a team destined for relegation, not to disimilar to us presently, and got to within 15 minutes of survival.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yorkie said:

Give us a fighting chance of staying up. Since Boxing Day we have

L L L W L D L L L L L

Hmmm

Games against Leicester, Millwall and Crewe we should have got 7 points MINIMUM.

The fact that we beat Leeds is just about keeping us off the bottom.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
sirmax2004 said:
ternant took over gillingham with one of the worst squads in the division, a team destined for relegation, not to disimilar to us presently, and got to within 15 minutes of survival.
Using Uncle Buck's argument it is results that count and he still failed.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yorkie said:
Using Uncle Buck's argument it is results that count and he still failed.

Yes he did - just. You are missing the point. With Magoo in charge we will be well adrift before the final day.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
At the end of the day id f we go down, we will all still support the Albion and next season we will be having all the same arguements . Might win a few more games though hopefully.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Yes he did - just. You are missing the point. With Magoo in charge we will be well adrift before the final day.

You don't know that for sure. Nobody does. I reckon there will be a few more twist and turns yet.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
blockhseagull said:
He kept us up last season, so i for one am willing to give him the chance to do it again

Yes but last season he had twice as many games to get us 6 points and just managed on the last day - Mcghee will no longer be remembered for leading us out at cardiff, but as the man who eroded the albions team spirit and minimal creativity.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Black Country Seagull said:
- Mcghee will no longer be remembered for leading us out at cardiff, but as the man who eroded the albions team spirit and minimal creativity.

The team spirit issue is a rumour and a myth.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Yorkie said:
You don't know that for sure. Nobody does. I reckon there will be a few more twist and turns yet.

Do you really. I cannot fault your optimism, but too often at present we seem to go into games not really expecting much and when behind our heads drop and there seems to be a lack of any alternative from the manager.

It is a struggle to see where our next result is coming from.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Uncle Buck said:
Do you really. I cannot fault your optimism, but too often at present we seem to go into games not really expecting much and when behind our heads drop and there seems to be a lack of any alternative from the manager.

It is a struggle to see where our next result is coming from.

I felt exactly the same way last year when we lost 6 in a row. At Cardiff I just wanted to walk out and go home there and then.
A friend talked me round and asked me where my usual optimism was and I tried again.
It made the last day of the season especially good for me.
Who knows we could even get a freak goal against Wed like CKR did at Hillsborough?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Yorkie said:
I felt exactly the same way last year when we lost 6 in a row. At Cardiff I just wanted to walk out and go home there and then.
A friend talked me round and asked me where my usual optimism was and I tried again.
It made the last day of the season especially good for me.
Who knows we could even get a freak goal against Wed like CKR did at Hillsborough?

I think the issue at the moment is we are playing catch up and I cannot see where we are going to get a win. The lack of ideas worries me, once behind on Saturday too many of us thought that was that.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Uncle Buck said:
I think the issue at the moment is we are playing catch up and I cannot see where we are going to get a win. The lack of ideas worries me, once behind on Saturday too many of us thought that was that.

I know. I also know that football isn't an exact science and that anything can and still could happen.
I know my heart is ruling my head but that is the way I am. :p

Last edited:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Goring Gull said:
Not this f***ing thread again, for crying out loud when will people realise that unfortunatley Magoon is going nowhere unless Dick sees fit to expel him and currently that is not the case - we don't have the money to pay him off, no cash for players either. we are stuck with him simple so talk of replacements is a waste of time.
says the bloke who was convinced it was going to be a cricket score on saturday

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
saltash seagull said:
says the bloke who was convinced it was going to be a cricket score on saturday

I thought 3-0 to the Albion was reasonable to expect against the WORST team in the division, I was wrong and now concede that we are indeed the WORST side in this divison. Anyway i did say 3 goals and 3 goals was what we got. albeit 2 at the wrong end because Magoon couldn't instruct his 11 donkeys to defend properly.

Definitely felt the vibe among the travelling faithful although not overly vocal was one of dejection.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Finchley Seagull said:
No it is not. If you want him out then you should name a replacement who would do a better job. If you cannot name a better replacement then stop moaning as it is pointless. Or should we let the team run itself without a manager?

Here is a strange idea for the anti McGhee crowd. Why not back the team and manager if we are stuck with them anyway?
:lolol: :lol: :D :lolol:

Good call Matey:clap:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Goring Gull said:
I thought 3-0 to the Albion was reasonable to expect against the WORST team in the division, I was wrong and now concede that we are indeed the WORST side in this divison. Anyway i did say 3 goals and 3 goals was what we got. albeit 2 at the wrong end because Magoon couldn't instruct his 11 donkeys to defend properly.

Definitely felt the vibe among the travelling faithful although not overly vocal was one of dejection.

Donkeys? If that is what you really think of the team then you are better off going to the Galpharm stadium.
:angry: :angry: :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here