Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If McGhee went ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There has never been a shortage of applicants for the Albion manager's job in recent times, and all that is before the Falmer YES.

We have no money and no stadium (yet), but you only have to look at the success Coppell, Taylor and (to a lesser extent) Adams have enjoyed after a stint with the Albion to see we are not necessarily a bad career move.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Benny Zamora said:
We should go for whichever one of Martin Allen and Phil Parkinson doesn’t get their side promoted. I would prefer Allen as he is quite obviously a brilliant bloke with a proven record. Holloway’s record doesn’t convince me, but I would take him as well just because he’s so hilarious without knowing it.

Both superb motivators with a decent pedigree of acheivement.

Martin Allen has consistently got the best out of players and has an eye for a decent lower league prospect.

Both qualities that McGhee seems to lack.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Goring Gull said:
But the away fans are the true fans, the lifeblood of the club.

Unlike the withdean whingers they are prepared to put their money where their mouth is and pay up to travel often staying away the night etc follow the boys.

You get a different class of fan on the away end at Millwall let's be honest. I gdon't want to hear any of this i've got a season ticket blah blah blah rubbish, that's giving up two hours on a saturday afternoon and in some cases a small price to pay for a couple of hours away from the missus nagging and trips round the shops.

So paying over £400 a season is nothing then, i travel to every home game from Southampton, go to half a dozen away games a season and spend good money following the team i support. To say that doesn't make me a true fan is complete bollocks.

If it wasn't for the supposed Withdean moaners this club would be in serious shit bearing in mind how many 'true' fans say they will not attend games at Withdean

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The thing is, the likes of Parkinson, Allen and Holloway are today's examples of what Adams and Taylor were 5 years ago.

We know we can attract managers of that ilk, so I hope Knight takes note.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Uncle Buck said:
Indeed, but you could argue, like when Coppell was with us he was starting from a servely hampered position, yet got them to the last day with a chance of survival.
Exactly. If you only see things in black and white you would say he failed, as he didn't keep them up. But he inherited a team far worse than ours is now, in a much worse position than we are, and got them within minutes of staying up. Their form under him was certainly better than ours under McGhee in that same period.

I feel he'd get us enough results to keep us up, our run in is quite good and the teams around us are as incompetent as we currently are. Under McGhee we are going down without question.

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
Steve Tilson is a good gaffer, but only a small amount of experience at the shrimpers. Doubt he would leave though as if I remember rightly they call him Mr Southend United due to the amount of years service he has provided

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
Well 12 of us went up on the train on Saturday and the exception of about 3, all were pissed off with McGhee and generally felt that he had gone of far as he can.

Before you say they are all of a similar ilk I think the eldest was 60 and the youngest in our travelling party on Saturday was 22, so it was quite a broad range.

You say after our problems, well that did not stop people for calling for Wood's head or the removal of Hinshlewood after a run of poor results and it will not stop people wanting McGhee removed, especially if we keep losing, after all 5 wins in 36 is failing.

And its been one win in 11 since Boxing Day with one draw and 9 (thats NINE) defeats (12/10 if you count the cup game)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Goring Gull said:
The away fans are the hardcore they are the ones that support the team through thick and thin.

A fair majority of the away fans also go to Withdean every fortnight.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Yorkie said:
A fair majority of the away fans also go to Withdean every fortnight.

I'd say there was a hardcore of about 4000 at home and then a 50% of that for most aways including some who only go to the aways because of Withdean for whatever reason.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here