Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If McGhee went ?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Yorkie said:
Donkeys? If that is what you really think of the team then you are better off going to the Galpharm stadium.
:angry: :angry: :angry:

I just felt they could have held the lead if they had communicated a bit better with each other normally defensive wise we are pretty good, but once the equaliser had gone in i thought heads went down a bit.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Goring Gull said:
I just felt they could have held the lead if they had communicated a bit better with each other normally defensive wise we are pretty good, but once the equaliser had gone in i thought heads went down a bit.

and that makes them donkeys?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
It's just frustrating that's all it's not been often we've been ahead this season and in a game of that importance......

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Black Country Seagull said:
Yes but last season he had twice as many games to get us 6 points and just managed on the last day - Mcghee will no longer be remembered for leading us out at cardiff, but as the man who eroded the albions team spirit and minimal creativity.

Only by people like you. Personally, whatever happens this season, I will remember him for the play off final and keeping us up against the odds last season.

This idea about ending our team spirit is a joke. Anyone who saw the Norwich and Watford games would know that is rubbish. Yes we were poor at Crewe but that happens to all teams. As for creativity, I am sure Carole and Frutos are more creative than anything we had last year, including Knight.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Uncle Buck said:
What is that meant to mean?

You talking for the majority? To be honest somebody else already thinks he does that...

I mean negative people who may be the majority on NSC but I think you will find are the minority of fans who watch regularly.

I forgot to mention my other memory of McGhee when he leaves will be him getting us promoted from League 1 next year and leading us out at the first game at Falmer!

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I'm just surprised Dick knight hasn't come out in suppport of McGhee or is he hanging him out to dry and will only re appear when some success is achieved milkiing it like a true glory hunter?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Finchley Seagull said:
I mean negative people who may be the majority on NSC but I think you will find are the minority of fans who watch regularly.

I forgot to mention my other memory of McGhee when he leaves will be him getting us promoted from League 1 next year and leading us out at the first game at Falmer!

So the pissed off faces on Saturday when we lost to the bottom team were not the majority or those that decided on the final whistle to vent their frustration, whether by booing or not clapping the side off are not the majoirty.

You and Steve should form a club, then you could pretend that you speak for everyone.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Last season the team had more self-belief and, with Knight and Virgo, at least a semblance of a balanced, experienced attack.

This season we don't have that belief. We play well, we don't score, the opposition do, heads go down etc etc. We also haven't had an effective strike partnership all season.

I can live with relegation, but if we go down without much of a fight I'm worried the despondency will carry across to next season.

Holloway looks tailor-made to take over from McGhee. Failing that, Phil Parkinson.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
blockhseagull said:
What and home fans don't ?

But the away fans are the true fans, the lifeblood of the club.

Unlike the withdean whingers they are prepared to put their money where their mouth is and pay up to travel often staying away the night etc follow the boys.

You get a different class of fan on the away end at Millwall let's be honest. I gdon't want to hear any of this i've got a season ticket blah blah blah rubbish, that's giving up two hours on a saturday afternoon and in some cases a small price to pay for a couple of hours away from the missus nagging and trips round the shops.

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Uncle Buck said:
So the pissed off faces on Saturday when we lost to the bottom team were not the majority or those that decided on the final whistle to vent their frustration, whether by booing or not clapping the side off are not the majoirty.

You and Steve should form a club, then you could pretend that you speak for everyone.

Just because fans do not cheer the team off after losing does not mean they want the manager sacked. I think that after our problems most Brighton fans who watch the team regularly are realistic enough to realise why we are in this situation.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Goring Gull said:
But the away fans are the true fans, the lifeblood of the club. probably the hardcore of those go to all the home games anyway.

So despite the fact i'm a season ticket holder, buy merchandise from the club shop...because i don't go to every away game i'm not a true fan ?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Pavilionaire said:
Last season the team had more self-belief and, with Knight and Virgo, at least a semblance of a balanced, experienced attack.

This season we don't have that belief. We play well, we don't score, the opposition do, heads go down etc etc. We also haven't had an effective strike partnership all season.

I can live with relegation, but if we go down without much of a fight I'm worried the despondency will carry across to next season.

Holloway looks tailor-made to take over from McGhee. Failing that, Phil Parkinson.

Holloway has had tactical problems at QPR and played players out of position according to what people have said on NSC. This is exactly what McGhee is criticised for. In my mind, there is no way Parkinson would move to us as Colchester are on the up and we cannot progress until Falmer.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Colchester don't get promoted and Parkinson is offered the Albion job I think he'll take it, providing there aren't any better offers for him on the table.

I also think too much can be made of a manager's reputation of playing players out of position - the same was said of McGhee at Millwall and he went on to do a great job for the first 2 seasons with us.

Holloway has done a fantastic job of getting QPR promoted and then comfortably established in mid-table in the Championship. Ask any Forest / Bristol City / Sheff Wed fan how easy it is to achieve that.

There are clearly problems at boardroom level at QPR and some team will benefit from getting Holloway as their manager.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
We should go for whichever one of Martin Allen and Phil Parkinson doesn’t get their side promoted. I would prefer Allen as he is quite obviously a brilliant bloke with a proven record. Holloway’s record doesn’t convince me, but I would take him as well just because he’s so hilarious without knowing it.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Finchley Seagull said:
Just because fans do not cheer the team off after losing does not mean they want the manager sacked. I think that after our problems most Brighton fans who watch the team regularly are realistic enough to realise why we are in this situation.

Well 12 of us went up on the train on Saturday and the exception of about 3, all were pissed off with McGhee and generally felt that he had gone of far as he can.

Before you say they are all of a similar ilk I think the eldest was 60 and the youngest in our travelling party on Saturday was 22, so it was quite a broad range.

You say after our problems, well that did not stop people for calling for Wood's head or the removal of Hinshlewood after a run of poor results and it will not stop people wanting McGhee removed, especially if we keep losing, after all 5 wins in 36 is failing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here