Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If I am to be held up as representative of Brighton fans...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I was referring to this thread dumbass! How the f*** am I going to listen to radio Leicester? I live in Sussex.

If anyone is interested I can give them an in-depth break down of what I did today? But I'm sure no body does, a bit like no body cares about you and your micro celebrity status that you think you have so why start a thread about it? I'd say it was...hmmmmm pointless and cretinous actually!

You care so little about my day you decided to respond to it.

You really are such a dumb f*** to fall for it every time.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was referring to this thread dumbass! How the f*** am I going to listen to radio Leicester? I live in Sussex.

If anyone is interested I can give them an in-depth break down of what I did today? But I'm sure no body does, a bit like no body cares about you and your micro celebrity status that you think you have so why start a thread about it? I'd say it was...hmmmmm pointless and cretinous actually!

Being interviewed for radio isn't something that happens to most people every day, so whats wrong with posting about it ? f*** me, I had a lobster for tea the other night and started a thread about it, so compared with that, being interviewed about the Albion for a radio show is a swashbuckling ADVENTURE.

Perhaps everyone should just be sure to pm you before starting a thread, just to check you think its INTERESTING enough before they post it, eh.

You miserable arse.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
FAB
The only shitter was having to SHARE it :rant:
Changing the subject slightly here but there is a new Saw film out.Perhaps you should steer clear of it Easy?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Top posting and nail on head.:thumbsup:
He is obviously revelling in his new found fame and noteriety.Perhaps he sees himself as the new Ian Hart on the airways? The new voice of reason for the Albion maybe? Anyway i certainly didn't boost his listening figures.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Changing the subject slightly here but there is a new Saw film out.Perhaps you should steer clear of it Easy?

You can count on it (I DID actually like the first one though).
I think my next cinematic experience will be the new BOND

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
...then I apologise right now. :down:

Let me explain...

I have just been interviewed by BBC Radio Leicester for a ‘Brighton fan’s perspective’ on tomorrow’s game. Just a quick two minute interview, which kind of caught me unaware as I am at work and wasn’t expecting the call.

Anyhoo, after putting the interviewer right about not calling our ground ‘The’ Withdean, he asked a few questions, and I probably came across a bit glib, maybe even miserable (this hour’s time difference thing has f***ed my head up).

It went something like this...

RL: Talk us through Withdean...

TLO: It wouldn’t take more than four seconds, it’s an awful ground - there’s a running track, a football pitch, some seats that are miles from the pitch - Leicester fans bring your binoculars - and that’s about it.

RL: So getting an atmosphere going is quite hard.

TLO: It is. there are no roofs, the best covering we have is the trees behind the main stand - the Theatre of Trees we call our place. The away fans, as I said are miles away from the pitch, so getting a good head of atmosphere going is nigh on impossible. It’s more like a doctor’s waiting room at times.

RL: Tell us about Brighton, it’s quite vibrant and cosmopolitan, we hear...

TLO: Yeah, it’s a great place. The sun is always shining, except on Withdean, you’ve got the sea one side and the Downs the other, and an interesting cross-section of fun, frivolity and wierdos at all points in-between. It’s basically a shame for the Leicester fans that the fixture wasn’t on a Saturday - you could have had a good weekend here.

RL: Tell us about the food down there...

TLO: The food? Well, there’s plenty of decent places to eat in central Brighton, but as for food at Withdean, just don’t.

RL: So, do you sell sticks of rock instead of hot dogs at Withdean?

TLO: Arf, arf. No.

RL: So you’ve now got ex-Leicester manager Micky Adams in charge. How’s it going with him down there?

TLO: Not as well as it should be. We had a decent manager in place last year who wanted to focus on the youth team and brought through about a dozen youngsters, some of whom are playing in the first team now. Micky has come in and brought his own ideas which don’t appear to be gelling yet - which is probably why we’re in 18th.

RL: And you’ve got quite a character down there now that Leicester fans know all about... Robbie Savage.

TLO: Yeah, for someone with his reputation, he’s come in and calmed things down a bit. Put his foot on the ball, and played the simple stuff. I’m not sure what reception Leicester fans will give him, but we think he’s OK. Not the best signing we’ve made, but not the worst either.

RL: Finally, some fighting talk. What do you think tomorrow’s result will be?

TLO: Heart says a lively 2-2 draw. Head says a Leicester win.

I tried to be more upbeat, but seeing as it was off the cuff stuff that I didn’t really stop to think about, it was probably more honest than upbeat.

And all this is just in case someone heard it and thought you were a 'bit glib'?!

And, just in case they didn't hear it, you thought you'd type it up. And then make excuses.

:thud: :thud: :thud:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
That's the first thing I asked them, especially as I wasn't expecting the call.

They phoned Paul Camillin, the Albion's Press Officer, and asked him for a random independent fan (I guess someone not in any official supporters' club nor a member of staff) that they could ask. So Paul suggested me.

I could have said 'no'.

I have nothing to do with the Supporters' Club.

When I say 'representative', what I meant was, BBC Radio Leicester will be playing snippets from that interview tomorrow, and if another Brighton fan heard it and thought 'hang on, that's not what I think about the club...', I apologise if they think I was speaking on their behalf.

I wasn't, I was only giving MY view.

Thats what they wanted, your independant view, and thats what they got , nothing wrong with that,
Thanks TLO

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
The same way you'd listen to Southern Counties?

On t'internet.

If you felt like it, like.

Because I and I'm sure others often listen to local radio from 200 miles away because it's available on the interweb!

Man alive!

Everyone please listen to Radio Leicester because TLO will cry otherwise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here