Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If Graham Potter is re-appointed...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Someone on here had a theory a week or two ago about Russell Martin. Lallana seen with Potter. Martin to Brighton, Potter and Lallana to Southampton. I found £15 of change down the back of the sofa and lumped on at 7/1.
Not sure it’s who I want really and would prefer Italian Vinny from Florence, but Martin’s team do play a possession game and he’s a Brightonian.
The delay, in respect of Southampton’s promotion.
Southampton would get the best out of that deal, for sure.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Certainly a good theory, one of the better ones. But Potter meeting with Lallana in Hove two months (?) ago to discuss this thing assumes that Lallana knew A LOT of stuff that I'm not sure even we knew. So it’s a bit unplausable in that sense. But sure, could see it happening anyway.
My friend saw Lallana in Latino America with Bruno, I think they are all still friends nothing more.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
My friend saw Lallana in Latino America with Bruno, I think they are all still friends nothing more.
Not even a hug that lasted a little too long?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If it is Martin I think I’ll change my post on the threat of relegation thread. Underwhelmed wouldn’t begin to cover it

Hopefully he’s been at the Albion trying to come to agreement about whatever programme he has going in competition to whatever Albion in the Community programme is called these days, not to be appointed as the man who relegates us
..........maybe he's been at the Albion trying to arrange a loan for a future England goalkeeper or two? Or Dahoud (please, please, pretty please!)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Right since this has become a mental Potter binfest, I think 4 managers we should be looking at:

Wilfred Nancy
Eric Roy
Marcelo Gallardo

Left Field Suggestion from the championship:

Marti Cifuentes
Good list. But I’d put Amorim ahead of all of these.

Whilst he seems to be out of our price range, I just think he is the best man for the job. The EPL would be a great challenge for him.

I also noted from the Zamora/Murray show tonight a brilliant quote by our Glenn.

‘Brighton makes it’s managers look very good.’

Wise words.

Perhaps we don’t need the next football genius as manager. Perhaps we already have him at the club?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Interesting that today, Naylor has stated some specifics around our proposed transfer activity on The athletic in terms of positions and indicating that they are first team additions eg price ranges of £25-30m. Midfielder, right back, young CB who will be sent out on loan ( that’s very specific!), and potentially a winger depending on Solly’s recovery.
It sounds like he’s been fed quite a bit of info from the club which he’s spread out over 2/3 days.
Makes me think his article about Potter wasn’t just his ‘own work’.
The club may also want to be filling the vacuum a bit.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Interesting that today, Naylor has stated some specifics around our proposed transfer activity on The athletic in terms of positions and indicating that they are first team additions eg price ranges of £25-30m. Midfielder, right back, young CB who will be sent out on loan ( that’s very specific!), and potentially a winger depending on Solly’s recovery.
It sounds like he’s been fed quite a bit of info from the club which he’s spread out over 2/3 days.
Dunno. I thought it was a typically bland Naylor piece with nothing that you wouldn't find speculated about on here. Nothing of substance or anything we didn't already know.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've not seen that article, but I was told that the club will be looking to make five "first-team-ready" signings this summer.

Seems to largely match Naylor's info.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I've not seen that article, but I was told that the club will be looking to make five "first-team-ready" signings this summer.

Sounds like a lot, but losing Lallana, Fati and presumably Dahoud and Undav,
plus the right back we've needed for a while. That makes sense.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
Good list. But I’d put Amorim ahead of all of these.

Whilst he seems to be out of our price range, I just think he is the best man for the job. The EPL would be a great challenge for him.

I also noted from the Zamora/Murray show tonight a brilliant quote by our Glenn.

‘Brighton makes it’s managers look very good.’

Wise words.

Perhaps we don’t need the next football genius as manager. Perhaps we already have him at the club?
A brilliant quote in the context of who? There was a spell when the combination of the club's policies, coaching and improving players resulted in a Nadir for the club which led us to the top of our Europa League group. That isn't the case anymore and hasn't been all year. We need a good coach to stop the rot...

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006

So we’ll get two as things are “difficult” :smile:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If I was PB, and had decided to appoint Potter, it would definitely not be announced out of the blue. It would be rumoured, have fans think about it, argue about it, work out some of their angst about it, and then spend a couple of weeks trying to write a smoothing things over apology/statement for Potter to give, based on the feedback gained from social media meltdowns about the rumour. I would then decide it just can't be done, tell Potter it just isn't going to happen, and go and tap up Wilfried Nancy, Eric Roy or someone else with a bit of a rising star and no baggage.
There is only one benefit to bringing Potter back, he is the only person we could appoint that Chelsea will not come for if he is doing well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here