Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If BHA beat Derby, will there be another pitch invasion?

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
What would be so special about beating Derby anyway? its not as if they make a habit of winning away from home is it? :)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's the age old problem in football, the minority spoil it for the majority. If it were guaranteed there would be no trouble at any football ground and fans could mingle after the game on the pitch then I doubt the FA would have a problem but we all know there are morons who would want to have a go at the other fans or even the players. Same rule for every club I'm afraid.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
What would be so special about beating Derby anyway? its not as if they make a habit of winning away from home is it? :)

thats what I was thinking, Man City, A Premiership team, the richest club in the WORLD< we took them to the drama of a penalty shootout - cue spontanious uncontrollable joy.

Derby County, Championship team, won 3 games in their last 40, not playing well, dont have that much money. I doubt we will recreate scenes and passion like the Man City game, I hope we do, but I doubt we can reach the heights that were witnessed on 24/9

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Man City was great and the pitch invasion was a spontaneous expression of joy, but repeated pitch invasions will doubtless lead to fines and increased policing and stewarding costs.

Even if we manage to beat Derby I doubt there will be the same feeling of euphoria.

To say nothing of the Chief Constable of Sussex Police who was also there.

:)

There were indeed a couple of the police bigwigs there.
I made a point of greeting them, and the F.A. assessment representative in a completely professional assertive manner as they entered Withdean Stadium, at the boundary (which was inundated!).

I met absolutely everyone who was anyone, on their way into our massive facility - and may I take this opportunity to mention how courteous and friendly were ALL the Manchester City people. Their fans included.

Maybe they will?. I am not 100% sure if we have recieved a letter but i would imagine we would have due to the players safety as they were still on the field.

Whingy got mugged of his shinpads and Steve Thompson was mugged of shorts and shirt!!

Whilst i can't condone the pitch invasion it did look damn good from what i saw.

were you working that night?:annoyed:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
absolutely.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Looking at our home form in the league this season, it wouldnt suprise me if there was a pitch invasion if we beat Cheltenham.

vitusvivi

May 30, 2008
I'm not gonig on the pitch again! I'm not giving the steward another exuse to sexualy assult me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here