Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If BHA beat Derby, will there be another pitch invasion?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
yeah the wanker, it's bovril. meat based. none of this yeast bollocks.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Butchy supports palace , aye?

Might have to steam into him , next time he sets foot in da fortress doe (withdean safe xXx)

Butchy One true and dazo are after ur blood!

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
oh my god, One True, you don't actually drink bovril do you?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
oh my god, One True, you don't actually drink bovril do you?

Anyway im off.

Royle Family > Bed.

Bye Conboy

If i ever saw barney id kick da poo poo out of him.

One True is pwoper sikk doe, wudnt wanna get on da wong s1d3 of him:cry:

Night xxxx

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
yeh it's a dream. you don't? missing out my son

When there is hot chocolate on offer, bovril doesnt even cross my mind, apart from when the ghastly stench slinks its way up my nostril as I'm depositing several sugar cubes in said hot chocolate.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Anyway im off.

Royle Family > Bed.

Bye Conboy

If i ever saw barney id kick da poo poo out of him.

One True is pwoper sikk doe, wudnt wanna get on da wong s1d3 of him:cry:

Night xxxx

Enjoy work tomorrow Darren x

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
When there is hot chocolate on offer, bovril doesnt even cross my mind, apart from when the ghastly stench slinks its way up my nostril as I'm depositing several sugar cubes in said hot chocolate.

you have a lot to learn, conboy.

after a can or eleven, there is nothing better than a half time bovril.

Past pitch incursions have resulted in problems for the club, and general fan invasions in football stadiums once meant that fences had to be erected and that spoiled things for everyone.

Anyway, what would be the point in invasions for every match? It would then make it a standard procedure that would lose its' 'big moment fervour' aspect - as well as getting the club in trouble at a crucial time on the cusp of our stadium move.
We really wouldn't want the FA insisting we have restricted space between fans and pitch, or more fences.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
you have a lot to learn, conboy.

after a can or eleven, there is nothing better than a half time bovril.

I just dont think I could swallow it, is it thick?

*awaits response from Danny Seagull refering to cum*

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Maybe they will?. I am not 100% sure if we have recieved a letter but i would imagine we would have due to the players safety as they were still on the field.

Whingy got mugged of his shinpads and Steve Thompson was mugged of shorts and shirt!!

Whilst i can't condone the pitch invasion it did look damn good from what i saw.

Whilst I appreciate that there is an inherent safety issue, I find it very frustrating that the authorities are trying to squeeze anything remotely enjoyable out of the game.

If they are concerned about the safety of the players, why are they not overly concerned about the welfare of the fans? We are enforced segregation (as it should be), but (the fans) are allowed to cross paths before and after the game?

If we were issued a warning and somehow managed to progress through the rounds, culminating with a defeat of another big gun in the latter stages, would they really issue a fine? I would lose all faith (what little is left) in the whole game.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Whilst I appreciate that there is an inherent safety issue, I find it very frustrating that the authorities are trying to squeeze anything remotely enjoyable out of the game.

If they are concerned about the safety of the players, why are they not overly concerned about the welfare of the fans? We are enforced segregation (as it should be), but (the fans) are allowed to cross paths before and after the game?

If we were issued a warning and somehow managed to progress through the rounds, culminating with a defeat of another big gun in the latter stages, would they really issue a fine? I would lose all faith (what little is left) in the whole game.

Like i said i can't condone it but as a fan i can see where you are coming from. I was one of those that went on the Goldstone pitch several times in my past!!

They are concerned about the welfare of the fans or there would still be fences between the players and fans and away fans with segregation outside the ground and all the exits locked until final whistle. Look where that got us. OK i think Lord justice Tayloy did go too far in his report especially with the abolition of terraces.

I would like to hope the F.A. would use some common sense but did they when it was found that Archer and Belotti removed the no profit clause on the Goldstone??? Eventually maybe.

Stewards and police did cordon off the fans on the pitch from coming over to the away stand, as they chanted "'oo are ya", and if they intended and were allowed to run amok at the away gate en masse, the club and our status in the cup might well have suffered.
It was fairly routine marshalling of the fans - mostly kids in this case, and probably mostly kids that rarely attend week-in league matches.
As was said, there was less likely to be any problem outside as the general mood was not one of violence but more jubilation vs disappointment. If called upon by the outside stewards - then the police and inside stewards will very likely be able to act in the event of anything arising.
So yes, they would be concerned about fan welfare if they heard that there was a need to worry, but happily our record at Withdean remains impeccable, and seemingly yet to be threatened by any occurrence. Touch wood it will always be that way, and we'll say an eventual farewell to this stadium with heads held high, grateful and with impressed local residents in our wake. :clap:

These locals have also been quite reasonable and level-headed about us in their neighbourhood too, on the whole. Perhaps the club will thank them too, with a special invitation to Falmer, once we've moved on.

So far, everything has gone fairly smoothly - and that helps the authorities to overlook the one-time of enthusiasm that spilled over last Wednesday.

There was a man there from the F.A. to oversee us last week at Withdean, by the way.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Stewards and police did cordon off the fans on the pitch from coming over to the away stand, as they chanted "'oo are ya", and if they intended and were allowed to run amok at the away gate en masse, the club and our status in the cup might well have suffered.
It was fairly routine marshalling of the fans - mostly kids in this case, and probably mostly kids that rarely attend week-in league matches.
As was said, there was less likely to be any problem outside as the general mood was not one of violence but more jubilation vs disappointment. If called upon by the outside stewards - then the police and inside stewards will very likely be able to act in the event of anything arising.
So yes, they would be concerned about fan welfare if they heard that there was a need to worry, but happily our record at Withdean remains impeccable, and seemingly yet to be threatened by any occurrence. Touch wood it will always be that way, and we'll say an eventual farewell to this stadium with heads held high, grateful and with impressed local residents in our wake. :clap:

These locals have also been quite reasonable and level-headed about us in their neighbourhood too, on the whole. Perhaps the club will thank them too, with a special invitation to Falmer, once we've moved on.

So far, everything has gone fairly smoothly - and that helps the authorities to overlook the one-time of enthusiasm that spilled over last Wednesday.

There was a man there from the F.A. to oversee us last week at Withdean, by the way.

Hence the before and after comment. I was making a point referring to the safety issue of potential trouble. We are segregated during the game, but not before or after.

The local residents HAVE been reasonable save for the local numpties who saw fit to deliver the SWEAT newsletter (Save Wiithdean Environment Action Team) with scare stories of urination, vandalism and further crimes. My sister (just to spite me) even signed the petition to stop us moving into Withdean Stadium :rant:

Plus when one of the re-applications for planning permission was in the pipeline, a local busybody made numerous copies of the application with a personal phone number (his own) to ring in a confidential manner and seek advice as to how to oppose the move.

Withdean has improved immeasurably since The Albion moved there, in my humble opinion. I remember the hoo-haa in my folks' road when they put up the fences around the nature reserve. Only because they then had to lift their rubbish as opposed to an unobstructed dumping.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here