Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If a Brighton football player were to 'come out'...

What would your reaction be?

• Happily give them support / let the player know this

Votes: 85 41.7%
  • Wouldn't bother me one way or the other

Votes: 108 52.9%
  • Be a bit embarrassed

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Wouldn't be happy at all / let the player know this

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
Wouldn't change my feelings in the slightest.

Why should it. Sexual preference is a personal choice (or not. but thats another conversation) and shouldn't have any bearing on that individuals commitment/ability to do the job he is paid for. At the end of the day as long as they do not disgrace the club I love by doing somthing completely stupid and do the job on the pitch I couldn't care less what they do in their personal life.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
If one of ours came out and declared he was gay then I wonder what the other players would think of it, more so being in the showers together. Would the gay player be able to hold back from getting a stiffy with all those fit men around.

I voted it doesn't bother me as each too their own.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Depends how good looking they are!

Seriously though, it really wouldn't bother me either way. As long as they do their best with the ball on the pitch, what does it matter what they like to do with balls in their free time?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I think ours would be the perfect club.

Much as I couldn't care less, I think any BHA player coming out opens themselves to more potential issues than any other club's players just because of the city's 'reputation'.

I can imagine the idiot comments about how he "caught it from the locals". Just more bigotted prejudice that a perfectly normal and decent section of the community just don't need!

Oct 25, 2003
Couldn't give a monkeys either way.

Which presumably is exactly how they'd want it. I don't suppose they'd especially want us waving rainbow flags and making up supportive chants based on Shirley Bassey songs.

yep, most gay people i know (my housemate included) simply don't see it as a big issue, and don't understand the fuss that straight people make of it

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Given the stigma that exists within the game to gay footballers, anyone who had the balls (probably poor choice of word there) to come out, would have my utmost respect.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If one of ours came out and declared he was gay then I wonder what the other players would think of it, more so being in the showers together. Would the gay player be able to hold back from getting a stiffy with all those fit men around.

So would he only get a stiffy in the shower if he had 'come out'?

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
I would respect them if they played for the Albion or any other team. I do wonder how fans of teams like Palace, Millwall or West Ham would react if one of their top players announced that they were gay.

Oct 25, 2003
It's because it still appears to be a problem within football - though not, it seems, among some hopefully more enlightened football supporters.

yep, can't disagree there.....my point was that i'd imagine if there were gay footballers, they probably (based on MY experiences) simply wouldn't see it as a big deal

not as big a deal as many straight fans anyway (myself included)

Jan 30, 2008
Depends how good looking they are!

Seriously though, it really wouldn't bother me either way. As long as they do their best with the ball on the pitch, what does it matter what they like to do with balls in their free time?
shave them , lick them , suck them :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here