Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ideas for Swindon - The Argus Will Print Prescott Masks

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It's a shame that it's too late to organize a giant Falmer Stadium picture made up of 2000 A4 sheets that the fans can hold up together. Turn the paper over & it reads "Please Mr Prescott, grant us what we need"

edna krabappel said:
Cue Norman Baker, MP, missing point as usual:

"I'm extremely disappointed by this blatant attempt by Brighton fans to sway John Prescott by deifying him in this way. ... blah blah blah"
Mr Baker, have you ever heard of recycling? Have you ever heard of sustainable forests? Have you ever heard of the phrase "Shut the f*** up"?

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
Everest said:
It's a shame that it's too late to organize a giant Falmer Stadium picture made up of 2000 A4 sheets that the fans can hold up together. Turn the paper over & it reads "Please Mr Prescott, grant us what we need"

I was thinking about that too. Could it be done in time for the home leg, would look great spread out along the north stand.

glosterseagul

Mar 2, 2004
the clue is in the name
edna krabappel said:
Cue Norman Baker, MP, missing point as usual:

"I'm extremely disappointed by this blatant attempt by Brighton fans to sway John Prescott by deifying him in this way. It really is unacceptable: surely elevating him to such God-like status should have been done at the public enquiry. Furthermore, I dread to think how many trees were torn up in the making of these masks, which represents wanton destruction of the environment. And when they're discarded, well, the number of badgers and/or field voles who may choke on the subsequent litter, I have to tell you I'm having sleepless nights"

GRRRR :angry: Paper is made from a sustainable forests - they are a crop! It's like saying dont eat bread to save the wheat fields!:salute:

glosterseagul

Mar 2, 2004
the clue is in the name
Lush said:
We urgently need some copies to handout on the day. Even if they sent the Argus girls down to sell copies on the gate....

Good old argus...ish. I think they should be asked for a "run on" and supply masks only on sunday. They can get their free publicity and extra sales but they do need to "run on" with masks only.

Perhaps the contact at the argus could be asked if they would do this?

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
dannyboy said:
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :drink: :drink: :drink:
well done the argus

looks a bit scarey really

It's very, very scary! Especially when some :jester: creeps up behind you wearing one that they "prepared earlier".

I'm not at all sure about turning the lights off tonight...

(No offence Mr Prescott, sir.)

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
glosterseagul said:
Good old argus...ish. I think they should be asked for a "run on" and supply masks only on sunday. They can get their free publicity and extra sales but they do need to "run on" with masks only.

Perhaps the contact at the argus could be asked if they would do this?

I asked the Argus about this, and had the following reply yesterday evening:

"I'm unsure if we'll be able to sell papers on the day. As we don't print on a Sunday, all our distributors have the day off. I will suggest it to the powers that be - although I suspect they will be hoping fans buy in bulk and take them up themselves! You never know though..."

So it's probably best to assume that they wont have anyone there.
However, now that the mask can be downloaded from here we've got no excuses(!!!) & it gives us the opportunity ourselves to make this a real success. Also, it would be great if everyone that is able to can bring a few spares to dish out (I printed off 25 yesterday).

Also, there was a post yesterday expressing concern about the mask idea having a negative affect on the Falmer campaign - obviously this is the last thing we want. So I e-mailed Paul Samrah, who said he thought the idea would catch on & "will attract positive media attention". He went on to say "The FFA Campaign & the Club are working together on posters, t-shirts, etc etc. Be in no doubt that after the 180 minutes of PO football, whatever the result, the media will know all about Falmer".

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
People can always wave them around on a stick or bit of cane if they don't have time to make the masks up, the effect will be the same.

When we eventually get the decision, fingers crossed anyway, I plan to launch a range of t-shirts with his happy smiling face on the front and the slogan

"Two Jags says.....Yes!"

:lolol:

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
edna krabappel said:
People can always wave them around on a stick or bit of cane if they don't have time to make the masks up, the effect will be the same.

When we eventually get the decision, fingers crossed anyway, I plan to launch a range of t-shirts with his happy smiling face on the front and the slogan

"Two Jags says.....Yes!"

nice!!

im still havin a few probs making these masks so i mite wave it on a stick as you so well sugested!!!

mite get in the way of the afro too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lolol: :lolol:

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
edna krabappel said:

"Two Jags says.....Yes!"

Exactly. It doesn't have to be a work of art - simply the more Prescott faces on display the better!

Nice idea with the t-shirts!! :lol:

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
balloonboy said:
I think I will have access to a printer which does A1 size....I'll see if I can get someone to let me print each of the letters in the above sentence in A1......!

Any joy with this balloonboy?

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Elms said:
Any joy with this balloonboy?

Oh god, someone took me seriously. The printer in question is owned by the Engineering Dept, and they usually don't like me, cus I don't let them spend any money!!

I'll ask them nicely......no promises, et, though:)

Lush

Mods' Pet
Brighton till i die said:
nice!!

im still havin a few probs making these masks so i mite wave it on a stick as you so well sugested!!!

mite get in the way of the afro too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lolol: :lolol:

It won't even be the end of the world if you just hold up JP's face on a piece of A4 paper.

ANYONE who has access to a printer - please print out as many as you can!!!!!!

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
ive just printed 2 off - an have now put them onto blue cardboard - gonna get a stick to hold it up with in a bit - im well chuffed with myself - had 3 mates at work helping too!!!!

(do u think the stewards will be ok letting us in with these masks on sticks?
):ohmy:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton till i die said:
ive just printed 2 off - an have now put them onto blue cardboard - gonna get a stick to hold it up with in a bit - im well chuffed with myself - had 3 mates at work helping too!!!!

(do u think the stewards will be ok letting us in with these masks on sticks?
):ohmy:

Probably not- the moronic stewards have confiscated less dangerous items than lolly sticks before.

If you roll up sheets of A4 paper really tightly, you'll get a nice, er, stiff stick :blush: which probably couldn't be construed as a potential weapon.

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Message for Elms: Can you get your contact at the Argus to run a piece tomorrow reminding everyone to bring:

- prezza masks
- STRIPES
- balloons

Good Man!

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
balloonboy said:
Message for Elms: Can you get your contact at the Argus to run a piece tomorrow reminding everyone to bring:

- prezza masks
- STRIPES
- balloons

Good Man!

Done! They just called actually for their follow-up tomorrow, so I threw that in...

:mexican:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here