Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ideas for name of new ground?

The 'We've decided to install safe standing areas after all' stadium has a certain ring about it.

but that would have to called the "We've decided to install safe standing areas after all, but as a result the capacity was cut by two thirds!" stadium

Oct 25, 2003
not falmer please

the stadium isn't in falmer, so why call it that?

"east brighton community stadium" will do me fine

that or the "turienzo arena", "fed bowl" or "molango memorial stadium"

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Adenstar Arena?

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
The OK Magazine Community Stadium

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
The What Car Magazine Community Stadium

im having fun here:lolol:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The one I like the most so far is..

"The *Sponsor* Brighton Community Stadium"

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Any idad how much the naming rights will be? I wonder how many shares you would sell if you created a company with the sole intention of bidding for the naming rights at say £10 a share. Then once you have won the bid all those with shares get to suggest a name (one per share) with the winner being drawn out of a hat. Clearly the Albion would have some sort of veto.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If, as we all suspect, it's going to be sponsored, let's hope it's the Microsoft Mound. With the entrance itself called Bill's Gates after the new benefactor!!!!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Indeed, also for commentators. Can you imagine Soccer Saturday?

Jeff Stelling: Ok, there's been a goal down at Brighton so let's go over to Tony Millard at the "Dont you keep up to date, The board have at last come clean on the funding required to make Falmer a possibility,They had tried to arrange with Brighton Council a sharing of the Stadium with a college,due to the present financial problems even Brighton Council have had second thoughts. It always was a doubtful project, a Div 1/2 side with 5/6000 gates playing in a 22,000 stadium,so its going to be Withdean unless there is a takeover of the board" stadium.

Tony Millard: Yes drama here at the "Dont you keep up to date, The board have at last come clean on the funding required to make Falmer a possibility,They had tried to arrange with Brighton Council a sharing of the Stadium with a college,due to the present financial problems even Brighton Council have had second thoughts. It always was a doubtful project, a Div 1/2 side with 5/6000 gates playing in a 22,000 stadium,so its going to be Withdean unless there is a takeover of the board" stadium because whilst you were handing over to me two more goals have been scored. Oh and now it's full time.

:laugh:

I am liking that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here