Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ideas for name of new ground?

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
I HATE it being called then Falmer stadium. The stadium is not in Falmer, it is in Brighton. Trouble is that it has been called Falmer since we all first knew about it, the name has stuck, but to me Falmer = Nimby and a shitty little village who made our lives a misery for an eternity.

So is it too late to completely drop the Falmer reference?

How about the East Brighton stadium, or the Brighton and Sussex Stadium.
Even the Moulescomb Stadium is better than Falmer for me.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
It will be called:

The *insert sponsor here* Community Stadium.

However, I would prefer 'the cockjuggling thunderc*nt area'

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Thats a bit of a mouthfull, be a nightmare for the signwriter to fit that on the front of the stadium.
Indeed, also for commentators. Can you imagine Soccer Saturday?

Jeff Stelling: Ok, there's been a goal down at Brighton so let's go over to Tony Millard at the "Dont you keep up to date, The board have at last come clean on the funding required to make Falmer a possibility,They had tried to arrange with Brighton Council a sharing of the Stadium with a college,due to the present financial problems even Brighton Council have had second thoughts. It always was a doubtful project, a Div 1/2 side with 5/6000 gates playing in a 22,000 stadium,so its going to be Withdean unless there is a takeover of the board" stadium.

Tony Millard: Yes drama here at the "Dont you keep up to date, The board have at last come clean on the funding required to make Falmer a possibility,They had tried to arrange with Brighton Council a sharing of the Stadium with a college,due to the present financial problems even Brighton Council have had second thoughts. It always was a doubtful project, a Div 1/2 side with 5/6000 gates playing in a 22,000 stadium,so its going to be Withdean unless there is a takeover of the board" stadium because whilst you were handing over to me two more goals have been scored. Oh and now it's full time.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I HATE it being called then Falmer stadium. The stadium is not in Falmer, it is in Brighton. Trouble is that it has been called Falmer since we all first knew about it, the name has stuck, but to me Falmer = Nimby and a shitty little village who made our lives a misery for an eternity.

So is it too late to completely drop the Falmer reference?

How about the East Brighton stadium, or the Brighton and Sussex Stadium.
Even the Moulescomb Stadium is better than Falmer for me.

Exactly right, IMO, it should be the *sponsors name* Brighton & Hove Albion Stadium. Simple, and to the point.
Perhaps, at worst the *sponsors name* Community Stadium.
But for sure, drop the Falmer, nothing to do with those NIMBYS

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Exactly right, IMO, it should be the *sponsors name* Brighton & Hove Albion Stadium. Simple, and to the point.
Perhaps, at worst the *sponsors name* Community Stadium.
But for sure, drop the Falmer, nothing to do with those NIMBYS

I couldn't agree more. I am sure that if it were originally called the Moulsecomb stadium, there wouldn't have been as much nimby protest.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I couldn't agree more. I am sure that if it were originally called the Moulsecomb stadium, there wouldn't have been as much nimby protest.

If it had been called Moulsecomb I doubt any of them would have even looked at the application.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Its bound to be something stupid like "the B&Q arena" or the "Land of Carpets stadium"

Personally I'd prefer the New Goldstone, or "Goldstone Nou"

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Amex Arena

BUPA Bowl

Friday Ad Colosseum

Sea life Centre Centre

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
It will be called:

The *insert sponsor here* Community Stadium.

Is the right answer, the club have always said that 'Community Stadium' would be an element of the name. So the only real question is who will the sponsor be?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Or even better,

'the Horse and Hound Community Stadium'
'the Women's monthly Community Stadium'
'the trainspotters today Community Stadium'...

...the possibilities are endless.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I think we should call it the Russell Slade Stadium in honor of the great mans achievements of P:3 W:1 L:2.

Hero! :love:

That or the Peter Canning Megadome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here