Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ideas For 6th March

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
As Beach Hut has suggested in another thread we need to think about what we could potentially do to further promote the Falmer cause on our free Saturday on the 6th March.

I've already suggested we could maybe attend a game at a modern stadium. A quick scan through the fixture list reveals the following games are on that day.

Millwall v Cardiff
Stoke v Watford
Wigan v Crewe
Bournemouth v Wycombe
Rushden & Diamonds v Peterborough
Oxford v Huddersfield
Chester v Burton Albion
Crawley v Weymouth

Any thoughts on the above, or any other ideas, post them here.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Certainly not Millwall v Cardiff :lolol: :lolol:

I suggest Crawley perhaps ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oxford perhaps - Huddersfield and Wigan are miles away

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
Wigan would be good though as it is also very famous for it's Rugby - Community stadium example ;)

Last edited:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Oxford for me, nearest of the grounds and I havent been there before - also be good to see Lee Steele and Andy Crosby.

Crawley would be good for supporting sussex sport though :wave:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
I think Oxford v Huddersfield does look like the pick of the professional games, although the Crawley game could be entertaining as it'll be a top of the table clash.

Hopefully Mr Prescott will have said yes by then, but he might not have, so more ideas please.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Perhaps a massive strategic leaflet session in Brighton ?

Do it in threes all over the town to get the message over - Churchill Square, The Lanes (both ends and middle), Old Stein,
Western Road, Clocktower, Railway and Bus Station, Seafront, Palace Pier, St James Street, Marina, Asda etc etc

Others could do their home towns:

Guildford, Crawley, Horsham etc

Just a thought

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
Beach Hut said:
Perhaps a massive strategic leaflet session in Brighton ?

Do it in threes all over the town to get the message over - Churchill Square, The Lanes (both ends and middle), Old Stein,
Western Road, Clocktower, Railway and Bus Station, Seafront, Palace Pier, St James Street, Marina, Asda etc etc

Others could do their home towns:

Guildford, Crawley, Horsham etc

Just a thought

Better idea!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well we could really blitz Sussex - I am prepared to travel to say Gatwick but we need volunteers from all towns in Sussex and the leaflets.

So a list of volunteers, where they live is the starting point and making sure we are all equipped to do it.

Finally suggest doing it in a short time span - say 3 till 5 when a game would be played.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
Perhaps we could combine the leafleting with the games. We have have enough people spread about the country to attend most of matches listed I would have thought.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just as good idea CO but we need to do this in a very effective short time span with a specific strategy to get the message over.

Possibly the club could also get involved with players, Des Lynam, FBS etc etc

One thing I learnt today was what we did at Falmer was noticed and a very kind director and wife bought tomato soup up for us - they care and they want what we want (apart for the obvious few).

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
Point taken, though it is possible that we may be preaching to the converted to a certain extent if we limit ourselves to Sussex. There is still the national picture to attend to.

Any other thoughts?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not really - open to any ideas:

Come on everyone get your thinking caps on.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am open to all suggestions but it has to be positive, effective and legal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here