Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ibrahimovic

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
from Ibrahimovich after the game (press association) :tosser:

"Sweden striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic claims England were fortunate to emerge victorious from Friday night's Euro 2012 clash in Kiev as defeat ended his side's hopes of reaching the quarter-finals.

Ibrahimovic felt Sweden produced a vastly improved display compared to when beaten 2-1 by Ukraine in their opening game. But they again surrendered the advantage when in front and have nothing but pride to play for in their final fixture against Group D leaders France on Tuesday.

Ibrahimovic told UEFA.com: "I think we were the better team against England. I really do. We should be proud of ourselves because we played a good game. We played the opposite way to the first one."

He added: "We showed more courage and were much better in dead-ball situations. We played just the way we wanted to play. But in both the games we have played, we were in the lead, but after 60 minutes, we lost it all.

"Why did we lose both games? I don't know. That is something we need to analyse and see what we need to do better, or in a different way."

He said: "We did not play a good first match (against Ukraine) even if we should have taken points. Against England, it feels like we were the best team, but it isn't always the best team that wins.

"It is about taking points, and we didn't do that. It doesn't really matter now we are out of the tournament, but we were definitely better than England, but they are leaving with the points, so what can you say?

"Their equaliser (from Theo Walcott) happens one time in a thousand. It was a shot that should have been covered and it deflected past the goalkeeper.

"With the last goal (from Danny Welbeck) it's one player against four of ours, like with the goals against Ukraine, so it is things like that which decide the outcome. We have not done well enough."

yeah yeah.........bye bye zlatan :tosser:

Dec 29, 2011
Because they can have anyone they want, plus they already have Aguero, Dzeko, Silva, Ballo-arsehole and (officially) Adebeyor - why would they want someone over-age and past his best. PSG might be a good call.

Dzeko hasn't really come good has he, apart from his 4 goal game last season he did little. Agreed Aguero and Tevez are very decent, and Ballo might be one for the future. Adebayor looks like he's on his way to Spurs. I don't think he will go City but I don't think you can just discount it as a forgone conclusion he'll never play in the premier league, if he wanted to he could because IMO he's one of the top strikers in the world.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Dzeko hasn't really come good has he, apart from his 4 goal game last season he did little. Agreed Aguero and Tevez are very decent, and Ballo might be one for the future. Adebayor looks like he's on his way to Spurs. I don't think he will go City but I don't think you can just discount it as a forgone conclusion he'll never play in the premier league, if he wanted to he could because IMO he's one of the top strikers in the world.

Blimey, I forgot Tevez (that wasn't deliberate, he refused to come off my bench). I just don't think there are many clubs he can go to in this country, United wouldn't want him, not Chelsea. I could see him going to Spurs if they don't keep Adebeyor - but who else ? I wouldn't mind him coming though, I find it difficult to judge how good players are uness they've played here - net necessarily because the Prem is the best league, but I just don't get to see much of other leagues regularly enough to judge.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
from Ibrahimovich after the game (press association) :tosser:

"Sweden striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic claims England were fortunate to emerge victorious from Friday night's Euro 2012 clash in Kiev as defeat ended his side's hopes of reaching the quarter-finals.

Ibrahimovic felt Sweden produced a vastly improved display compared to when beaten 2-1 by Ukraine in their opening game. But they again surrendered the advantage when in front and have nothing but pride to play for in their final fixture against Group D leaders France on Tuesday.

Ibrahimovic told UEFA.com: "I think we were the better team against England. I really do. We should be proud of ourselves because we played a good game. We played the opposite way to the first one."

He added: "We showed more courage and were much better in dead-ball situations. We played just the way we wanted to play. But in both the games we have played, we were in the lead, but after 60 minutes, we lost it all.

"Why did we lose both games? I don't know. That is something we need to analyse and see what we need to do better, or in a different way."

He said: "We did not play a good first match (against Ukraine) even if we should have taken points. Against England, it feels like we were the best team, but it isn't always the best team that wins.

"It is about taking points, and we didn't do that. It doesn't really matter now we are out of the tournament, but we were definitely better than England, but they are leaving with the points, so what can you say?

"Their equaliser (from Theo Walcott) happens one time in a thousand. It was a shot that should have been covered and it deflected past the goalkeeper.

"With the last goal (from Danny Welbeck) it's one player against four of ours, like with the goals against Ukraine, so it is things like that which decide the outcome. We have not done well enough."

yeah yeah.........bye bye zlatan :tosser:

I've met a lot of Swedes in my time and every single one of them has been a delight. Zlatan is clearly the exception to the rule, an egotestical, deluded, classless, arsewipe of a man. :tosser:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
zlatanwater.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
He probably is a bit of a dick. However, pure class here, one of my all time favourites :

[yt]ZgqsaDnsEq8[/yt]

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Some quotes from his autobiography:

"“An injured Zlatan is a pretty serious thing for any team"

“Then Guardiola started his philosopher thing. I was barely listening. Why would I? It was advanced bullshit about blood, sweat and tears, that kind of stuff.”

“I told him what a friend had said to me – ‘you bought a Ferrari but drive it like a Fiat’. The chat seemed to go well but then Guardiola started to freeze me out.”

" I would walk into a room; he would leave. He would greet everyone by saying hello, but would ignore me. I had done a lot to adapt – the Barca players were like schoolboys, following the coach blindly, whereas I was used to asking ‘why should we?”

"At Barca, players were banned from driving their sports cars to training. I thought this was ridiculous – it was no one’s business what car I drive – so in April, before a match with Almeria, I drove my Ferrari Enzo to work. It caused a scene.”

“(Guardiola) was staring at me and I lost it. I thought ‘there is my enemy, scratching his bald head!’. I yelled to him: ‘You have no balls!’ and probably worse things than that.
I added: ‘You are shitting yourself because of Jose Mourinho. You can go to hell!’. I was completely mad. I threw a box full of training gear across the room, it crashed to the floor and Pep said nothing, just put stuff back in the box. I’m not violent, but if I were Guardiola I would have been frightened.”

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
the sheer contempt on ibrahimavich's face should be enough to spur England on and actually go for the WIN.......italy are the past masters of defending for 110 minutes , we are not and never have been. Weleashe the shackles Woy ,cum on , let's f***ing go for it and wipe the floor with some fucker.......put the wind up everyone , if our own national team has become the source of national sporting indifference to us ,imagine what our opposition is thinking/saying.
"it's only england" well i say f*** that........it's only f***ing ukraine and then it's only f***ing croatia or italy..........grow some balls and some pride and have a f***ing go boys.......CUMAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRNNNN!!!!
:thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Look - he's a good striker, but no way the best in Europe (Ronaldo and Van Persie for me would generally get picked before him for most people).

I think its the fact that on the continent he's always getting bigged up - and when he gets the chance against an English side he hardly ever delivers, hence my point regarding the Arsenal - Milan match. Great in the first leg, completely hid in the second.

I could imagine that he's desperate to play in the Prem -because he knows that he's got alot to live up to. So unless he does come over...we'll never know.

He can be a bit of a cock, but that doesn't put him in an exclusive class when it comes to professional footballers.

Last night he had 50 passes, with a completion rate of 80%
Carroll had 25 passes, with a completion rate of 56%.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
He can be a bit of a cock, but that doesn't put him in an exclusive class when it comes to professional footballers.

The saying "lies, damn lies and statistics" springs to mind. I know you rate him, and fair play to you, but whenever I've seen him he looks lazy, disinterested and very overrated, And last night for me was no exception. Unlike others, I really wasn't worried last night when he got the ball.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London

They are strikers, though, and Carroll had one goal to Ibrahimovic's zero.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here