Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Tomlinson,unlawful killing.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Surely for any Police force to the respect of the public any form of 'wrong doing' must dealt with. With the law allowed to take its course as it would do with ANY citzean.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Section 143 (1) of the Criminal Justice Act: Determining the seriousness of an offence : In considering the seriousness of any offence, the court must consider the offender’s culpability in committing the offence and any harm which the offence caused, was intended to cause or might forseeably have caused.

This officer is 100% culpable!!!!!! Be interesting to see how they wriggle out of it though.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Bet that copper Edna doesn't post and say he should get banged up for causing the death of an inisant member of the public.

Bet the vile scum walks free.

Actually, Edna comes across as some one with a bit of sense so it wouldn't surprise me if she did however being an officer her self she is more likely to not lay in to him like you would...

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Actually, Edna comes across as some one with a bit of sense so it wouldn't surprise me if she did however being an officer her self she is more likely to not lay in to him like you would...
And why shouldn't we lay into him (verbally) of coarse
Little f***ing rat tough guy with an army of police to protect him.... Makes me sick !!!

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
And why shouldn't we lay into him (verbally) of coarse
Little f***ing rat tough guy with an army of police to protect him.... Makes me sick !!!

I totally agree. What was running through his head only he'll know. I just think having a dig at another "copper" for not coming out to comment on some one in her profession is a bit pointless - she'll be damned no matter what she does.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I totally agree. What was running through his head only he'll know. I just think having a dig at another "copper" for not coming out to comment on some one in her profession is a bit pointless - she'll be damned no matter what she does.
Aah right yeah I get ya... Soz if I seemed hostile

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.

Coppers have no sence. They think they're above the law as demonstrated with that murdering copper today.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What a sad, sad story. The officer is in the wrong but manslaughter for that is harsh. He's pushed the bloke over, not smashed his skull.

If the same offence had been committed elsewhere I wonder how many countries would prosecute that officer for manslaughter. Not many I guess.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Any Police officer acting outside of the law should be subject to the law, just like anyone else. Clearly this PC crossed that line and so I suspect he will be out of a job and quite possibly spending some time at Her Majesty's pleasure to reflect on this.

As with any occupation there will be the odd rotten apple. I would not want to be a Police Officer and wonder how they deal with the crap they have to. They are glorified social workers, for example, having to show incredible patience often in the face of repeated abuse and provocation by trouble making dickheads who will not go away even when continually asked to do so. I wonder how the majority of Officers can take that shift after shift, year after year - without snapping? Must take some serious self control.

In the very confrontational society we have these days we need to allow our Police Officers to deal with problems robustly - but always within the definition of reasonable force. Otherwise we might as well hand over the streets to the mob. Some might feel we already have.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
What a sad, sad story. The officer is in the wrong but manslaughter for that is harsh. He's pushed the bloke over, not smashed his skull.

If the same offence had been committed elsewhere I wonder how many countries would prosecute that officer for manslaughter. Not many I guess.

if a member of the public had done the same then they'd be doing time. One rule for one etc. ..

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Coppers have no sence. They think they're above the law as demonstrated with that murdering copper today.

All of them?

Bullshit. Some are amazing people who serve the community in which they work helping victims of crime and in some cases saving lives. Other times a minority are dicks, and some are harsh (this guy) but ultimately don't say he set out to kill that bloke. He could have killed him much more convincingly. A tragic event, for both parties in a sense - the office will live with that for the rest of his life when he did not intend to kill but ultimatley he acted wrongly and deserves punishment.

You're blanket comments however, are wrong.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Good, it was completely unreasonable, hope the c unt does time, they can teach him his lesson in prison.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011

Have you seen the footage of that officer running around like a twat throwing cameramen to the ground & anyone else who gets in his way ?
If I went outside & shoved a bloke in the back who had done nothing to me, hands in pockets not even facing me & that bloke whacked his head on the pavement & died I'd sure as hell be banged up for manslaughter !!!

Last edited:

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Any Police officer acting outside of the law should be subject to the law, just like anyone else. Clearly this PC crossed that line and so I suspect he will be out of a job and quite possibly spending some time at Her Majesty's pleasure to reflect on this.

As with any occupation there will be the odd rotten apple. I would not want to be a Police Officer and wonder how they deal with the crap they have to. They are glorified social workers, for example, having to show incredible patience often in the face of repeated abuse and provocation by trouble making dickheads who will not go away even when continually asked to do so. I wonder how the majority of Officers can take that shift after shift, year after year - without snapping? Must take some serious self control.

In the very confrontational society we have these days we need to allow our Police Officers to deal with problems robustly - but always within the definition of reasonable force. Otherwise we might as well hand over the streets to the mob. Some might feel we already have.
Yep a very tough job but still no excuse for steaming around the place thinking you can batter any fucker in sight then claim oh my jobs hard.... I'll say it again "he had his back to him" the copper even admitted he at no point felt his personal safety was at risk the bloke was walking away from him !!!
There is no argument as to why this scrote shouldn't face the same punishment anyone else would

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Have you seen the footage of that officer running around like a twat throwing cameramen to the ground & anyone else who gets in his way ?
If I went outside & shoved a bloke in the back who had done nothing to me, hands in pockets not even facing me & that bloke whacked his head on the pavement & died I'd sure as hell be banged up for manslaughter !!!

I noticed he denied any wrong doing till today when he said sorry. The only reason he appoligised was to sofen the sentence. Bet when he beat him and shoved him he called the deceased a f***ing scum bag.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I noticed he denied any wrong doing till today when he said sorry. The only reason he appoligised was to sofen the sentence. Bet when he beat him and shoved him he called the deceased a f***ing scum bag.
Yeah far too little too late, like you said it was just to soften the sentence (if there is one)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here