Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Tomlinson,unlawful killing.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Erm read my last post. I just have a problem with the bully boy ones & yes I have a record from my past but respect most police & the fact they have a tough job, as a teenager I got a few well deserved slaps off the ob & I don't blame them but this guy was doing nothing

Okay, it's just that I find that people with a record (yes I have one too) tend to be the most virulent of protesters against Police brutality. I admit that when I heard that the one that hit me had been badly hurt in an incident I wasn't unhappy, some people join the Police force as it does give them a license to commit acts of violence. The officer who effectively killed the newspaperman could well be that type, they are fairly rare but not Unknown. It will be interesting if the guy is brought up on manslaughter charges, if not then there is a definitely a case for a public enquiry.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I've been treated unfairly by police also - during my unfair treatment I made comments and referred to their handling of Blair Peach, at which they arrested me. In court the attending officer bare-faced lied and simply accused me of shouting obscenities at the top of my voice. The court actually believed me in my telling of the truth of the occasion, but since I didn't wish to go through more time and effort to fight a case (which wasn't leaving me with any great record) I plead no contention to a minor misdemeanor and was fined the minimum, £10.
I've also been taken in for suspician of a crime that I had nothing to do with and wasn't anywhere near when it took place (case handled ironically by an Inspector Holmes!) and realized then that our trusted custodians are too often clueless thickees just turning up so they can get paid for doing something and submit paperwork for it. Like a bloke digging any old bit of road because he might find a pipe that he's been told is leaking somewhere or other. If they only watched Colombo they'd learn better methods for detecting criminals!

The police can be arrogant, lying scum with no better morals than disco bouncers.
It can be said that it takes one to catch one - and that's what our taxes pay for amazingly.

Can't disagree with a word there, I know to my cost that the Police are like the tabloid press, they're not above lying to make themselves look good, there have been any number of cases that support what you say.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Can't disagree with a word there, I know to my cost that the Police are like the tabloid press, they're not above lying to make themselves look good, there have been any number of cases that support what you say.

Oh the police must have known I wasn't the person who did their crime, they just wanted some name on a file so they could call it ongoing or in some way pretend they were being successful at something.
It turned out that one bloke who was giving them evidence was doing so to deflect the suspicion away from himselkf!
So they HAD the fucka in their own copshop, sitting there pretending to have witnessed somethingorother, and they were following up on HIS leads!! They didn't even question me until months after the crime took place - and of course I had NO clue what I was doing or where I was at the time of the crime - who keeps a diary, I bloody didn't! I told my dear Holmes that if I remembered everything I was doing at the time, I'd have to have been the bloke who did the crime. Useless cun ts.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
This reminds me - I chased a jeweler shop hit&runner once in The Lanes. When me and the thief were running toward a cop, I went to the constable and told him to get after the bloke (running across the Pav Gardens behind the Dome). So the esteemed officer strolls slowly, suspicious about the whole tale - says there's no reason to hurry because the tea-leaf will be stopping for a crap in the basement bogs opposite the theatre - then when I go to the station they call me a suspect for having left the scene WITH the thief!!
Geniuses, the old bill hire. It's a requirement.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Oh the police must have known I wasn't the person who did their crime, they just wanted some name on a file so they could call it ongoing or in some way pretend they were being successful at something.
It turned out that one bloke who was giving them evidence was doing so to deflect the suspicion away from himselkf!
So they HAD the fucka in their own copshop, sitting there pretending to have witnessed somethingorother, and they were following up on HIS leads!! They didn't even question me until months after the crime took place - and of course I had NO clue what I was doing or where I was at the time of the crime - who keeps a diary, I bloody didn't! I told my dear Holmes that if I remembered everything I was doing at the time, I'd have to have been the bloke who did the crime. Useless cun ts.

Sadly this is not an isolated case. I had a car stolen from outside of the garage where it was repaired, £900 worth of work. It was found two days later, stripped (it had new engine in it). The pin brained plod at Streatham Nick actually accused me of having it nicked to avoid paying for the repairs ! I then showed him a receipt for the repairs and then proceeded to call him everything under the sun that was unpleasant, he told me to calm down. Naturally no apology and no apprehending the culprit even though it was a racing cert that somebody at the garage had a hand in it's disappearance (it was outside of the garage but not in plain sight). Not as bad as yours I know but yes I can understand your dislike to The Police. I have a distinct lack of respect for the Met and I know that quite a few regional Police forces have the same opinion as me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have a distinct lack of respect for the Met and I know that quite a few regional Police forces have the same opinion as me.

Interesting, I know a London Transport cop and he once told me that the Met are generally very patronising and arrogant towards them.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Okay, it's just that I find that people with a record (yes I have one too) tend to be the most virulent of protesters against Police brutality. I admit that when I heard that the one that hit me had been badly hurt in an incident I wasn't unhappy, some people join the Police force as it does give them a license to commit acts of violence. The officer who effectively killed the newspaperman could well be that type, they are fairly rare but not Unknown. It will be interesting if the guy is brought up on manslaughter charges, if not then there is a definitely a case for a public enquiry.
Yeah I wouldn't argue with that

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Interesting, I know a London Transport cop and he once told me that the Met are generally very patronising and arrogant towards them.

Yes, that doesn't surprise me. I remember having conversations with Police at several grounds (the vast majority of whom are more than happy to talk to you) and I got this a lot. I also was one of the people handing out leaflets about Falmer at the Brighton Centre when Labour Party Conference was on. The Police there could not have been nicer, I was regaling them with some of the very strange behaviour of the various American Police Forces I have met. I know that none of them were from the Met. However it's unfair to tag all member's of the Metropolitan Police in that way, I think it's maybe the way they come across. To be honest I have found the Merseyside Police the most unpleasant.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Great stuff. Mind you, if there hadn't been video evidence showing his thuggish behaviour, you suspect the Met would have covered it up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's about bloody time something like this happened.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
A street newspaper seller was trying to make his way home, clearly not a bandana-d protestor, he was stopped from doing so, and so walked awkwardly slow.

A policeman whacks him once or twice in temper.

That policeman deserves to stand trial for his thuggery or more.

(And I'm normally very pro the Police).

That family did not deserve to lose their husband/dad.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
they did'nt like the London prison officers either......................sum up the met in one word arrogant ...................in fact sums up most old bill

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
He's now going to be prosecuted, the question is, will he be convicted ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here