Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Holloway

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
Unlike the Albion in the playoff semi-final second leg and Watford in the final, the opposition WILL turn up in the Premier League. Palace will get battered, week in, week out, obviously, but the serious monies involved will go a VERY long way towards them building for a better future. Good luck to them.

Probably this, i have no rose tints in my eyes but IH nullified BHAFC and then WFC tactics. We played O'Keefe (sub for KG) for the majority of the game in the final, he'd had the equivalent of 6 games playing time in the entire season and only the keepers legs stopped him scoring. I hope we strengthen, if not then we'll see you next season. Better to have gone up than not.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Can we ever have a discussion without palace muppets joining in and ruining it?

Do they just spend all day lurking on our forums waiting to bite?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
he's a bit of fun as managers go. plays it entertaining, direct, all guns blazing, without much attention to defence beyond "get back behind the ball, two banks of 4". thats great if you're doing well, but theres nothing else and better teams will dominate.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Pretty much a steering job in the mould of Peter Taylor following the departure of Adams #1. Holloway came damn close to up-****ing it though, has to be said.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district

If Watford had won this wouldn't even get a mention , load of bitter clap trap . All the if this and if that is nonsense , we beat you and won the final get over it .

They didn't though did they you bonehead. They(and your lot) were rubbish on the day. Watford were a joy to watch for most of last season. Unlike your shower. Zaha FC is no more. Losing the semi final was tough and we were crap on the night, but hearing the odd 'Arsenal 6 Palace 0' and 'Palace 1 Southampton 4' will go some way to healing the pain. Holloway's post-match interviews will be unmissable for once :cry:

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
I seem to recall you were largely quite miffed we got him at the time.

Think he did an incredible job myself. We spent a fraction of the teams around us. The starting line up at Wembley cost less than CMS. Always tough coming in as a new manager, and we were punching well above our weight when on that run with Freedman. The blunt truth is under Freedman the previous year we actually had more points at that stage of the season. Yet we finished 17th.

Holloway took us kicking and screaming into the playoffs. Other high flying teams like Middlesborough dropped away, and he kept us going. Then he totally outwitted Gus and Zola to take us to the Premiership.

3 play off finals in four years. Facts speak for themselves.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
He got the team sprit spot on and played to our strengths through out the playoffs
Brighton seemed to lack a plan b once the going got tuff

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Can we ever have a discussion without palace muppets joining in and ruining it?

Do they just spend all day lurking on our forums waiting to bite?

This. I got a train up to central London late afternoon/evening on the 27th of May. Palace fans on every station platform, making their way back from Wembley. I've never seen so many miserable, ugly people. You'd have thought they'd just been relegated :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I have a begrudging respect for him. Seems a bit of a Columbo figure, acts like he doesn't have a clue but record suggest he might have! Out thought Gus in the play offs!

Probably because he's been around the block a few times and has the self-realisation that it's not all about HIM, its primarily about his employer, his players and his club's fans. Got a lot of time for Holloway. Our erstwhile manager could learn an awful lot on how to conduct himself from him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
irrelevant - speroni did what he had to do and stop the ball going in the net just like every game and your keeper does the same

This.

He out-thought Poyet. Zaha had an inspired 10 mins and Palace were through. Sickening, but they're the facts as I see them.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
This. I got a train up to central London late afternoon/evening on the 27th of May. Palace fans on every station platform, making their way back from Wembley. I've never seen so many miserable, ugly people. You'd have thought they'd just been relegated :lolol:

Our train was rocking and I've never seen so many happy people . I think your telling porkies :dunce:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Palace had a fantastic season and based on their performance over the course of the season probably deserved promotion but IMO Holloway was poor for them. I think it would have been a travesty if they hadn't made the play offs given their position when Freedman left which looked a real possibility towards the end of season.

I'm not sure many Palace fans will agree but if he starts badly in the first 10 games he should be sacked.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
A lot of deluded, bitter posters on here. Yes Palace will probably get stuffed most weeks and be relegated, however they will have £120mil in the bank plus parachute payments. Is Holloway any good? Does it matter he did his job, they out played us for 3 halves of the playoffs and deserved to win. Some people need to swallow the pill and move on! I would have taken going up for a season and financially securing the club with relegation, which we could and maybe should have done last year but Poyet, for all his good work, came a very distant second to Holloway in the playoffs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here