Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Holloway on Saints

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Massive clubs don't go into administraion.

Urban dictionary (must be true then)
scummer
A complete tosser who lives in the biggest shit hole on the south coast, and possibly Britain, where the women wish they could be slags but will never get the chance because they all look like fat men, and all the men look and sound like pikeys.

Another small seaside club trying to spark up some sort of rivalry im afraid.

Says the Billy No Mates Southampton fan with nearly 700 posts to his name on a site of a club he supposedly has no rivalry with. You're a tedious f***ing bore. Tell you what, we'll have a whip round for 10 pence pieces and then you can f*** off to the Palace Pier and give it the large one to the more impressionable 14 year olds that hang round there. Start at the bottom, give it a few years of real social interaction and then maybe you'll be ready to find some real chums who actually share a common interest with you rather than sitting at your PC on a Sunday morning on a BHAFC site trying to kid yourself and us that you're indifferent to Brighton, Mr 700 posts.

I know it's a big ask from you and there will be tears and setbacks but what do you say, little soldier?

Last edited:

This Saint1976 character is simply divine.

New posters on this messageboard often suffer a similar fate to rock bands. The first post is like the first album. It's got something to say and it's in a hurry to tell it. The second post/album is often a consolidation of the first. Material that had been rumbling around together with new thoughts and ideas based on the reaction to the first post/album. This is where the tricky 3rd post/album comes in. Do you stick with a winning formula and risk getting pigeon-holed with a generic tag or do you experiment? Spread your wings and really show your artistic bent?

We're not sensitive mate...

you just don't have the right to call us scummers....

Oh my! 'If it ain't broken don't fix it' is clearly the call to arms here. This has all the moronic hypocrisy of the previous two posts but also shows a side we hadn't seen before - a wafer thin-skin. He dares to come onto a Brighton board and tell us what we have the right to do. Is this spunky derring-do or a cry for help encrypted in an imperitive? He has, after all, twice referred to us in friendly terms: mate and pal.

Saint1976, you need a hug. Come on big guy. My shoulder's broad enough for you, fella.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Says the Billy No Mates Southampton fan with nearly 700 posts to his name on a site of a site of a club he supposedly has no rivalry with. You're a tedious f***ing bore. Tell you what, we'll have a whip round for 10 pence pieces and then you can f*** off to the Palace Pier and give it the large one to the more impressionable 14 year olds that hang round there. Start at the bottom, give it a few years of real social interaction and then maybe you'll be ready to find some real chums who actually share a common interest with you rather than sitting at your PC on a Sunday morning on a BHAFC site trying to kid yourself and us that you're indifferent to Brighton, Mr 700 posts.

I know it's a big ask from you and there will be tears and setbacks but what do you say, little soldier?

Noodles you always come on here with your supposedly witty comments which probably took you ages to think up. In fact I can hear the cogs whiring in your brain from here.

Rivalry ? No. My location and the fact that a lot of my family and friends support BHA causes my interest in your club. That and the fact there are a lot of non BHA related threads on here.

It amazes me how obssesed you are with our club and I feel compelled to comment every time you start a Saints thread.

I also cant help laughing how many deluded Albion fans there are. To think your gonna sell 15k ST's at the Amex when you couldnt even sell out yesterdays game against one of your main rivals and in the FA cup.

It amazes me how obssesed you are with our club

Really? Last season we didn't give a f*** about your team. This season we do because you are clearly our main rivals for the league that we currently sit top of. Next season, when we are in the Championship (and you probably) the number of Saints threads will peter out to a trickle because there will be other clubs that we give more of a f*** about in there and even if Palace aren't there you'll just be another of those medium sized clubs from an identikit grimly shit town with pretensions of grandeur.

Take it as a compliment. In the absence of anything bordering a real rivalry in this league, we seem to have picked the best of the runners-up that League One offers us.

and I feel compelled to comment every time you start a Saints thread.

Yes. We'd noticed, thanks.

So to summarise: Saints fan spends all his time on BHAFC site telling people he doesn't care about Albion. Damn, you're just too smart for us, eh?

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Good one! I can honestly say that in all the time I've been an Albion supporter, I've NEVER heard that before.

We are called scummers by pompey coz of the dock strikes in the late 19th century. Therefore other clubs that call us that only serve to make themselves look like useless tools trying to get on a bandwagon.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We are called scummers by pompey coz of the dock strikes in the late 19th century. Therefore other clubs that call us that only serve to make themselves look like useless tools trying to get on a bandwagon.

Scummers

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Really? Last season we didn't give a f*** about your team. This season we do because you are clearly our main rivals for the league that we currently sit top of. Next season, when we are in the Championship (and you probably) the number of Saints threads will peter out to a trickle because there will be other clubs that we give more of a f*** about in there and even if Palace aren't there you'll just be another of those medium sized clubs from an identikit grimly shit town with pretensions of grandeur.

Take it as a compliment. In the absence of anything bordering a real rivalry in this league, we seem to have picked the best of the runners-up that League One offers us.

Yes. We'd noticed, thanks.

So to summarise: Saints fan spends all his time on BHAFC site telling people he doesn't care about Albion. Damn, you're just too smart for us, eh?

I like the way your assuming you'll be in the championship without doubt but us only probably. and were ignorant?

I also like the way you think youll have bigger fish to fry next season. You are a proper tit and there's no mistake.

So to summarise: Saints fan spends some of his time on BHAFC site laughing at dillusional fans who want to spark up some sort of rivalry with easily the biggest club on the south.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

I think you are pretty widely known as the scummers. Ask any football fan who 'the scummers' are and most (who know their history) will say Southampton. It shouldn't be a shock that you are called it on here.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Southampton nickname is the "scummers" isn't it ?

I quite like to read RedNobs deranged name calling on here.

"I like the way your assuming you'll be in the championship without doubt but us only probably. and were ignorant?"

It's like doing a crossword. I'll spend this afternoon working out what he meant.

They do appear to be a bit obsessed with us at the moment, jealous we're getting all the media attention.

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
And yes, compared to Brighton we are a massive club - remind me again what the capacity of your new ground is?

Oh yes, I forgot. Having a big stadium guarantees being a big club doesn't it.

I can't wait until next season when we are probably both in the championship, and SCC will fade into the usual insignificance as we can renew our rivaly with Palace. The only reason we are bothered about you lot this season is because yes, you are rivals for the league.

And Saints fans have never called anyone by a generic abusive nickname before, I take it? Even the chant that upset Holloway yesterday was a cliched "Premiership, you're having a laugh" sung thousands of times before your shower of shit graced Blackpool with it. f*** me, you lot are thin-skinned.

"Miss, Miss! Those nasty Albion fans that I don't care about are calling me names again. All I did was go on their board (again) and tell them I don't care about them (again) and they called us scummers. It really hurts, Miss"

f*** sake. Get a life you sad little man.

I like the way your assuming you'll be in the championship without doubt but us only probably. and were ignorant?

A reasonable assumption based on past league end results of sides atop the division at the start of January. Your assumption is that although you've only been second for a few weeks and even now (albeit on lesser games played) you're only in the play-off spot but you have a divine right to the league. "Catch us if you can" I think was the phrase.

and were ignorant?

No I wasn't. Neither was I illiterate.

I also like the way you think youll have bigger fish to fry next season

Umm..yes. Palace. Our rivals.

easily the biggest club on the south.

Based on what? Leagues won? Cups won? Higher current position? Largest amount of money the club has not rightfully paid its creditors? On all those criteria that'll be Pompey, wouldn't it?

I find myself arguing with a cretin. I'm off down the pub.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Thanks for the history lesson there, but - somewhat remarkably - I already knew the origin. And I take exception to being called a "useless tool", quite frankly. I have a reasonable set of spanners in my personal box, thank you very glad, & if I do round off the odd corroded nut, I immediately reach for the cold chisel & Birmingham Screwdriver. Never fails to make the desired impact. :thumbsup:

No problem with S'ampton doing well, getting thoughts above their sation, beating Prem sides, rolling in clover or whatever, really.

I only care about how we do against them, and we ain't looking too bad so - they can't really big themselves up compared to us.
In past seasons we've had rivalries with orient (which is really embarrassing to have to have stooped so low) Cardiff, and Reading, and we did not have the resources to go places fast. Now we are looking at turning the corner.
Saints got a new ground and instead of success that matched their previous and rather respectable over-acheivements, they took the dive that sees them in "the 3rd division".
We are no Man City/Man Utd's, Villa/Birmingham City's, Everton/Liverpool's that are glued to each other for all time as rivals - so it's kind of a luxury we can pick and choose where our competitors are (and here's the important bit;) when we are doing well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here