Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Holloway on Saints

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So after half a season of slagging us off, when the cream finally rises to the top, you say 'well you should be up there anyway'

Maybe, but i find it hysterical that after so many years of being poor little Brighton and you finally have a bit of backing and a reasonably sized stadium to come, some of your fans are getting so carried away and quite arogant. I've lived in Brighton for 16 years and have always come from Sussex and I see Brighton as a happening town with a cosmopolitan population, but not a football city. Obviously there are a lot of fans but there just isnt the footballmania as other cities, Soton being one. Maybe there is potential there but it wont materialise for a long time. Heck im even gonna take my boys to your new ground (and SMS obviously) but theyre a bit young at the moment (2.2 yrs and 6 months).

Oh it's ready all right, ready to be doubled. Yesterdays game was a big game for me. I was even considering getting a ticket but couldnt due to the wife being ill. But if I had wanted to go, I could have logged on and bought a ticket and just picked it up at the gate. FFS, this is Portsmouth and should have sold out ages ago even despite a crap stadium. So how the f*** are you expecting to more than double your attendance?? Some of your fans just need to wake up a bit.
[/QUOTE]

I personally haven't slagged off your football ability and it's clear you have the best team on paper in the league. Anytrhing less than champions should be a dissappoinment - though if this league was based on attractive football from what i've seen Brighton certainly deserve to be top and that isn't a biased view (granted i've only seen most teams live once and some on tele i accept you can't just judge teams on one performance).

Southampton a football City?! LOL - utter shite. It's more a uni town.

We did pretty much sell out and considering the view from the West i was delighted it was fairly busy so your point isn't valid. I will win the bet 100% and you will have to apologise and wipe that egg off your face. You do make me chuckle on here though I must admit you fight your (arrogant) corner well :lol:

Last edited:

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Blimey. Football supporters using nicknames to wind-up other club's fans shocker! :rolleyes:

Well it didn't involve us, so all we hear is your poor ickle lambs bleating on about it. Ahhhhh.

I believe this thread was started by an Albion fan (unfortunately my own flesh and blood)

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Southampton FC - A nasty, deluded little club that weren't suitably punished re administration and all that. More of a minnow in the top flight than Wimbledon ever were, regarded generally as a joke by other top flight clubs at the time. The Dell was a shit hole and St.Marys looks like as gas works from the outside. Gus has a enough football know how that we played you off the park in his first game and we should have beaten you at Withdean. Dilusions of grandeur, but still gazumped by the likes of Leeds, Norwich and Millwall.

We have never been in administration despite all the shit we have been through, we play in a shit hole now, but will soon move into one of the best looking stadiums in the country that has room for expansion and we are top of the league with a manager who has achieved that with next to f*ck all compared to what you have spent. I heard Radhi Jaidi earns more than our entire back four put together? You can't buy your way out of this league, you need a decent manager for that and at the moment, I know who I would chose out of Adkins & Poyet.

I don't give a shit where you live, you all seem to want to spend your time on this forum. All rivalries start somewhere, maybe now is our time whilst we are both in the same league. Nothing would make me happier than to see you stuck with your beloved Pompey in Div 3 next season. You deserve each other.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I believe this thread was started by an Albion fan (unfortunately my own flesh and blood)

Well maybe you should've taken it up with them in person in the first place then?! It certainly would've saved a lot of drivel that's been posted since (& I'd be bang-to rights on that score too, to be fair).

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
No point getting on your high horse about it. Apparently you made over 5,000 posts last year. I must have read at least some of them but can't recall a single one.

Not surprised I do tend to ramble pointlessly.

Not really getting on a high horse though. I was just making a comment about how this subject has gone round and round and round recently. Just bored of hearing about Saints.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I personally haven't slagged off your football ability and it's clear you have the best team on paper in the league. Anytrhing less than champions should be a dissappoinment - though if this league was based on attractive football from what i've seen Brighton certainly deserve to be top and that isn't a biased view (granted i've only seen most teams live once and some on tele i accept you can't just judge teams on one performance).

Southampton a football City?! LOL - utter shite. It's more a uni town.

Ok not you personally but plenty of fans have. BTW, 2nd will do me fine.

Brighton is far more a uni town than Soton. That is fact. Not only that but students that go to Brighton poly or uni have a massive proportion of people staying on to live in the city. Whats more I saw a report on South Today a few months ago stating that statistically Brighton has the highest amount of people moving into the town. Net result = a lot of people in the town supporting other teams from around the country.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
:lolol: The only posts of his I can recall are awful attempts at getting on his high horse or taking the moral high ground about something. The fella's a complete borefest :lol:

Nice of you to recall something, thanks :smile: Can you remind me about these times I've been on my high horse?

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Having read your posts on this thread and elsewhere I think you really do find it hysterical. That's quite sad.

You don't get out much, do you?

Judging by your posts you seem more intent on personal childish comments rather than arguing the point which you clearly have no ability to do. Most of the posts on hear are quite funny banter but you're a bit of a tit really.

I bet you wear massive NHS glasses.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Yes Holloway did have a point, on one hand Blackpool have done well to get where they are. On the other they wasted no time in devaluing the FA Cup, one of our best footballing institutions.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Judging by your posts you seem more intent on personal childish comments rather than arguing the point which you clearly have no ability to do. Most of the posts on hear are quite funny banter but you're a bit of a tit really.

Errrm......

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Southampton a football city! Of all the shite I've read on here over the years (most of it posted by me it has to be said) that is the biggest load of bollocks anyone has ever posted...and I include 1066 in that. You sir are a deluded idiot.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Even when you were in the top flight no one outside of Southampton took you seriously as a football club, let alone a 'football city.'

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Brighton is far more a uni town than Soton. That is fact. Not only that but students that go to Brighton poly or uni have a massive proportion of people staying on to live in the city. Whats more I saw a report on South Today a few months ago stating that statistically Brighton has the highest amount of people moving into the town. Net result = a lot of people in the town supporting other teams from around the country.

Don't have a problem with this personally, believe people should always support their home team and I enjoy the rivalry.

However I think you will find that for many who come to Brighton studying, settle here, and quite possibly spend the rest of their lives in the area, (because its a great place to live) adopt Brighton as their home team. Personally I don't have a problem with that either.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Don't have a problem with this personally, believe people should always support their home team and I enjoy the rivalry.

However I think you will find that for many who come to Brighton studying, settle here, and quite possibly spend the rest of their lives in the area, (because its a great place to live) adopt Brighton as their home team. Personally I don't have a problem with that either.

adopt Brighton? Surely they would already have a team.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Even when you were in the top flight no one outside of Southampton took you seriously as a football club, let alone a 'football city.'

Man Utd did when we scored six past them and also when we forced them to change their shirts at half time.

Oh dear. You seem rattled. I thought that because you were avoiding my comment about reasonable assumptions as to why we will go up and my questioning of why you think you're the top club on the south coast and my opinion on why there is a pre-ponderance of Saints threads this year (and why there won't be next year) - you know, arguing the point - AND the confession that you are literally hysterical with laughter at some of the things written about your team on a site of another you claim you have no particular feeling for that I naturally assumed you were a lonely fuckwitted Saints fan with a rather simplistic sense of humour. You go ahead and respond to those points and prove me wrong, chuck.

...eagerly awaits post 683

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Southampton a football city! Of all the shite I've read on here over the years (most of it posted by me it has to be said) that is the biggest load of bollocks anyone has ever posted...and I include 1066 in that. You sir are a deluded idiot.
This, although to be fair, Southampton FC are far more prominent these days in that city than they have ever been. It does make me chuckle heartily hearing Southampton fans prattling on about what a huge club they are when for decades they had one of the shittest "stadiums" in the top flight which wasn't full half the time either. 13,000 every single week under Ian Branfoot anyone? And that was in the 90s as football became popular. :lolol:

And don't blame me redneb, all I posted was a bunch of smilies because of Ian Holloway's flounce. How come a harmless comment like this on our board seems to attract about 6 complete bell-ends from Southampton? And of course it wouldn't get a mention on your board if Holloway had said anything about Albion. Nobody posts on your board, because you have to pay to post more than 3 times a day. Tin pot board.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here