Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Holloway on Saints

I believe that's an attempt at ironic humour. Unfortunately, he's already admitted that he finds some of the comments on this thread hysterical. Yes, 'hysterical' so we should perhaps take this into account with his ham-fisted efforts at comedy.

Incidentally, can someone please point out the 'hysterically' funny posts?

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Oh dear. You seem rattled. I thought that because you were avoiding my comment about reasonable assumptions as to why we will go up and my questioning of why you think you're the top club on the south coast and my opinion on why there is a pre-ponderance of Saints threads this year (and why there won't be next year) - you know, arguing the point - AND the confession that you are literally hysterical with laughter at some of the things written about your team on a site of another you claim you have no particular feeling for that I naturally assumed you were a lonely fuckwitted Saints fan with a rather simplistic sense of humour. You go ahead and respond to those points and prove me wrong, chuck.

...eagerly awaits post 683

Once again you're boring me. You chuck a whole load of meaningless crap at me and demand that I answer your strange queries. Your posts remind me of those crappy pictures you used to buy at the market which if you focus your eyes in a certain way, you see a 3d picture. Do I have to look at your posts in a certain way? Is it a sail boat?

BTW, how many games have you been to this season?

Once again you're boring me. You chuck a whole load of meaningless crap at me and demand that I answer your strange queries. Your posts remind me of those crappy pictures you used to buy at the market which if you focus your eyes in a certain way, you see a 3d picture. Do I have to look at your posts in a certain way? Is it a sail boat?

Eh? First you say that I don't make any points then I show you the points I've been making and you've clearly avoided answering, you then accuse me of chucking meaningless crap at you and then you spout some bollocks about magic eye paintings. Way to go, Einstein.

p.s. 18 (I think)

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
This, although to be fair, Southampton FC are far more prominent these days in that city than they have ever been. It does make me chuckle heartily hearing Southampton fans prattling on about what a huge club they are when for decades they had one of the shittest "stadiums" in the top flight which wasn't full half the time either. 13,000 every single week under Ian Branfoot anyone? And that was in the 90s as football became popular. :lolol:

And don't blame me redneb, all I posted was a bunch of smilies because of Ian Holloway's flounce. How come a harmless comment like this on our board seems to attract about 6 complete bell-ends from Southampton? And of course it wouldn't get a mention on your board if Holloway had said anything about Albion. Nobody posts on your board, because you have to pay to post more than 3 times a day. Tin pot board.

Whatever. The point is desite being outplayed buy a L1 team that hadn't even played its full team, Holloway still had to get in the fact that he managed to get lowly Blackpool to the PL. Perhaps he should have used his interview to apologise to the fans who had travelled all that way. What a tool he is for getting upset at the chant that is common amongst football fans. Perhaps he should think about the crap Beckham put up with from Chelsea fans and even england fans.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill

What were you doing buying crappy pictures at a market ? I wouldn't if I were you.

You'll do your eyes in.

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Lets wait till May till we start calling people arrogant. We've had a first half of a season littered with hiccups but still somehow sit where we are.

Llalana just signed, Guly suddenly brilliant and a solid team brushing teams aside. Were motoring and you know it.

Lets see after you have played Oldham away on Tuesday night.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ok not you personally but plenty of fans have. BTW, 2nd will do me fine.

Brighton is far more a uni town than Soton. That is fact. Not only that but students that go to Brighton poly or uni have a massive proportion of people staying on to live in the city. Whats more I saw a report on South Today a few months ago stating that statistically Brighton has the highest amount of people moving into the town. Net result = a lot of people in the town supporting other teams from around the country.

I never said Brighton was a 'football town' and accept it is also a uni town. I do however think Sussex is a big force in sport and u must remember a lot of our fans don't come from Brighton - IE ME...

You were the one suggesting ur a football town - ur not by the way

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Whatever. The point is desite being outplayed buy a L1 team that hadn't even played its full team, Holloway still had to get in the fact that he managed to get lowly Blackpool to the PL. Perhaps he should have used his interview to apologise to the fans who had travelled all that way. What a tool he is for getting upset at the chant that is common amongst football fans. Perhaps he should think about the crap Beckham put up with from Chelsea fans and even england fans.

I do actually agree with you that Holloway is a bit of clown for losing it in that way. The end result is that every time his team go behind in a league game, opposing fans are going to sing the same thing. However, I found it funny because a Premiership manager was accusing you of exactly the same as some people on here. Wasn't expecting yet more f***ing pages of shite on Southampton's perceived arrogance followed by you and 5 other goons telling us what massive club you actually are coupled with your usual incredulous disbelief that we might sell lots of season tickets next season.

I should have known better, but you are going to look a right cock when the season ticket sales figures are eventually announced.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I should have known better, but you are going to look a right cock when the season ticket sales figures are eventually announced.

I doubt it as you can't see my face.

Anyway, where are these predictions of ST sales coming from?

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
I should have known better, but you are going to look a right cock when the season ticket sales figures are eventually announced.[/QUOTE]

:laugh: think I might too....didnt get one this year

Saintinpeace

Jan 9, 2011
Can't believe I bothered to register on here but felt strangely compelled after reading this thread. I think a few points need to be made in the interests of perspective:

1. The vast majority of Saints fans don't see Brighton as rivals or have any dislike for you. Most are probably like me, will be happy for you to be promoted and christen your new stadium in the Championship after all of the shit you had to put up with in recent times.

2. Other clubs in this division do probably see us as arrogant. Not surprising really, we had nearly 30 years of the top flight and think we shouldn't be here. It would be a bit strange if Saints fans were happy to be in this division. Any club in a similar predicament would have a similar feeling amongst the fans and a similar perception from other teams.

3. Any non-Albion fan reading your message board could quite easily conclude that Brighton fans are quite arrogant. I'm sure the same thing could be said in relation to Saintsweb. Its the nature of the internet and football fans, we're nothing special in this regard.

4. The chants aimed at Blackpool aren't worth the interest they've generated. Fans all over the country have sung the same sung (or very similar) to teams they are beating from a higher division. It really doesn't mark us out as particularly arrogant.

5. Calling us "scummers" is anyone's own choice but it does make those using it sound a bit sad.

6. We might not be as "big" as some us would like to think (I'd certainly trade a few of our years of top flight football for a bit more silverware) but we are also lot bigger than some of you are willing to give credit for. Our crowds in recent seasons show a decent sized fan base comparable with a host of well supported clubs, obviously not up with true big boys but in excess of a fair few Premiership clubs. The relevance of this? Minimal. I'm more interested in the table to be honest.

7. I have no idea or interest in how big your crowds are next season, I hope you fill it.

Anyway good luck for the rest of the season.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Can't believe I bothered to register on here but felt strangely compelled after reading this thread. I think a few points need to be made in the interests of perspective:

1. The vast majority of Saints fans don't see Brighton as rivals or have any dislike for you. Most are probably like me, will be happy for you to be promoted and christen your new stadium in the Championship after all of the shit you had to put up with in recent times.

2. Other clubs in this division do probably see us as arrogant. Not surprising really, we had nearly 30 years of the top flight and think we shouldn't be here. It would be a bit strange if Saints fans were happy to be in this division. Any club in a similar predicament would have a similar feeling amongst the fans and a similar perception from other teams.

3. Any non-Albion fan reading your message board could quite easily conclude that Brighton fans are quite arrogant. I'm sure the same thing could be said in relation to Saintsweb. Its the nature of the internet and football fans, we're nothing special in this regard.

4. The chants aimed at Blackpool aren't worth the interest they've generated. Fans all over the country have sung the same sung (or very similar) to teams they are beating from a higher division. It really doesn't mark us out as particularly arrogant.

5. Calling us "scummers" is anyone's own choice but it does make those using it sound a bit sad.

6. We might not be as "big" as some us would like to think (I'd certainly trade a few of our years of top flight football for a bit more silverware) but we are also lot bigger than some of you are willing to give credit for. Our crowds in recent seasons show a decent sized fan base comparable with a host of well supported clubs, obviously not up with true big boys but in excess of a fair few Premiership clubs. The relevance of this? Minimal. I'm more interested in the table to be honest.

7. I have no idea or interest in how big your crowds are next season, I hope you fill it.

Ok, who do you really support? You can't be a Saints fan as you have not shown anywhere near enough arrogance.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.

FFS Ban this poster forthwith for trying to be rational and conciliatory on North Stand Chat.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
This thread just about sums up southampton and their fans in my experience. The majority are boring, repetitive, deluded, slightly arrogant dicks but every know and again up pops a normal one(that's you saintsinpeace, if you care). Unfortunately there's such a high percentage of fucktards that it's difficult to remember that they're not all a bunch of clowns best avoided.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

Good man. Southampton are alright by me. There are some idiots around. All families, I mean clubs, have them. Best ignored.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here