Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Hart

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
oapdodge said:
Harty does a great job with limited resources,only has a small squad to help him and lacks that main frontman. He will always get my backing he is Albion through and through.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

seconded.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
To Ian Hart. The great thing about Brighton is that the fans have such a say and to a certain degree an involvement with the club. You are a true fan. We all know that, but some fail to see the diplomatic line that you (or any broadcaster) needs to tread at times. My only comment is could the show start a little later as after leaving the match we miss some before reaching the car, and also could the programme not be repeated on a Sunday as when we are away we always miss it. Keep the faith. We know you have Brighton's interest at heart, (no pun intended).

Clarke Quay

Oct 27, 2004
Hampshire
Let's make something positive come out of this thread -quite a few people seem to think a later start for the phone-in would be good .....5.15-5.30 say?

Also Harty on a personal note your nostalga for the good old days of Margaret Thatcher make me thump MY steering wheel. She'd have had a ID card scheme for football fans if she had had her way;it was only the Hillsborough tragedy that stopped it. Also she runied the country but we aint going to agree about that!

Apart from that the phone-in makes good listening-nothing formulaic or bland about it.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
To Ian Hart. The great thing about Brighton is that the fans have such a say and to a certain degree an involvement with the club. You are a true fan. We all know that, but some fail to see the diplomatic line that you (or any broadcaster) needs to tread at times. My only comment is could the show start a little later as after leaving the match we miss some before reaching the car, and also could the programme not be repeated on a Sunday as when we are away we always miss it. Keep the faith. We know you have Brighton's interest at heart, (no pun intended).

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
You can sometimes get a bit fed up with Ian's hobby horses, and the Rooney or looney thing got rather boring, but SCR's coverage would be far poorer without the phone in. That was the only reason I changed from 5 Live. Whatever you think about the show, please remember that Ian is a true fan. Without the Gulls Eye crew, i.e. Attila, Paul Samrah and Ian, we would not have a club today. It was they that exposed what was going on, with Paul finding out that things were rotten even before Archer and Bellotti took over, and Ian played a key role in showing that the Goldstone was going to be sold. We would not be debating Falmer now, we would be wondering where Brighton United or whatever were going to play, if they could afford the rent on Woodside Road or Old Barn Way. Keep the show going, please Ian.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Clarke Quay said:
Let's make something positive come out of this thread -quite a few people seem to think a later start for the phone-in would be good .....5.15-5.30 say?

Also Harty on a personal note your nostalga for the good old days of Margaret Thatcher make me thump MY steering wheel. She'd have had a ID card scheme for football fans if she had had her way;it was only the Hillsborough tragedy that stopped it. Also she runied the country but we aint going to agree about that!

Apart from that the phone-in makes good listening-nothing formulaic or bland about it.
No Ian you keep on harking back to the good old day's. Maggie wouldnt stand for this euro bollox would she pal:clap:

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
The fact that this thread has received so much coverage only goes to show that Harty is both relevant and topical. We aren't always going to agree with either him or the opinions of his callers, but that doesn't stop us tuning in and listening, does it?

Keep up the good work Harty.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Hungry Joe said:
He's a good man, a fan for 30 odd years who has done loads not just for the Albion but for Worthing and kids football too. He was there challenging Bellotti and Co when they were asset stripping our club and has been instrumental in much of the good that has come in terms of the fans getting a voice back. What the f*** do you people want? He's as qualified to speak about football and The Albion as any of us (and a lot more than some on here). Would you rather have a slick media whore who's more interested in the sound of his own voice than what anyone else has to say (Alan Green anyone?).

If you don't like his style so be it. But to lay into him like this is disgraceful.

:clap: i am bit biased as he is my foster uncles brother. however his heart is in the right place and certainly for the albion. unfortunately most of the time i never get back to the car in enough time to hear the show usually the last five minutes as on satdi. i was going to phone up and vent a few comments but couldnt get through.

LEWES CLIFF

Mar 7, 2004
I started this thread so Ians reply was somewhat aimed at me so i will reply.Ipost under Lewes Cliff my real name is Cliff and i am from Lewes so dont hide under any alias.I am known to quite a few Brighton fans and presented the tanker to NSC at the Albion v Lewes friendly to thank them for thier support,i also will be instremental in the fortchcoming NSCsponsored game at the pan.
I know nothing of the politics you talk about and am not bieng used as any kind of pawn at all,infact i am sorry if i commented at a misopportune time for you.
In my comment there was no malice i just said that i found the Claridge(and i know Steves a nice guy,met him last year,did our supporters club draw etc) interview a waste of time as of course(especially after a defeat) he could not say what he thought and you couldnt ask him what you wanted(as you rightly said in youre reply)so it seemed a pointless exercise.I then mentioned the way you SOMETIMES in my view come over as smug,just my view i dont like Ant and Decs"cheeky chappy" presenting but millions do,how is right?
I remember and have many Gulls Eyes from the Crumplin brickie to the Peter Smith stuff and before and know that apart from liking all things Worthing:lolol: you are well respected and a cult figure for the Albion and youre work for the club will go down in folklore i just think that the show i used to enjoy listening to every week on the way home from games lacked edge Saturday,thats all.
Bieng quite a new member of this site i honestly didnt expect 4 pages of replies amd a mass debate or accusations of hidden agendas,it just was a 1-30 in the morning back from the pub comment(which i do stick by)but apologise if it has caused offence or aggro.Ian if you want to know what i looklike i was the Lewes fan in youre programme with the big Lewes flag supporting Falmer.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Ian Hart has done wonders for SCR coverage of the Albion over the past few years and Gulls Eye was the business when it came out!

Ian ignore all the haters, they havent got a clue! Many of us appreciate what you have done and continue to do, keep up the good work!
:clap2:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
If we get on to the chat show we can say what we want, within reason. Its not perfect but rather Ian Harte than a club employee. If it was all love the club, well done Dick then I would not listen.

Ian you do harp on about the past and getting ladies on too much but you do get some heated debate going in my car on the way home so good on ya. Besides we all talk too much aboutaway games we went too. Please no Hammerettes though, perhaps an art gallery or a poetry reading.

Get Dick Knight and Martin Perry on again asap because they get a bit of a heated debate going.

Shows after defeats are always harder cause we are all cheesed off, especially on Saturday when nobody could fathom out why the team curled up and died after a good 20 minutes at the start.

Finally get the non league stuff on 1st so we can hear you

Mr Harte is not everyones cup of tea but rather him than John Radford and thats not the Arsenal striker or that 606 Prem bottom kisser Alan Green.

Oct 19, 2004
Hastings
BensGrandad said:
As for the bit about the PMs I will reiterate all that I have said in the past that if people on NSC via the message board become abusive and threatening towards me or members of my family I will certainly not just sit back and take it with out defending my family.

As it was me that mentioned PM's, I take great umbrage with that comment. I criticised Mr Hart's radio style - end of. I made no mention of anyone else in his family - in fact, he made one of his crap jokes about my mother being in an asylum because she doesn't like him either. He may well be talking about someone else but after his comments to me, that is very hypocritical.

I was going to keep quiet but this has annoyed me. I've just decided to erase what I had just typed because I can't be bothered. The whole idea of the Phone In is a good one but, IMHO, the wrong man is in the job. I agree with the pro John Byrne supporters. Just my opinion and I don't expect it to change because of me. I'm just not hypocritical enough to join in with some of the sychophantic posts. I fully accept and appreciate the efforts made by Gulls Eye. That has gone. You can't dine out on it forever. We have all put up balloons or marched or donated or protested or written.

Rant over - I can't be bothered anymore. I wasn't even going to reply until I read the above quote which made my blood boil - I wish I'd kept the PM in question so you could see the remarks and language used. I will continue to listen to the start of the Phone In and choose whether or not to continue listening. Some weeks I listen, some I turn off. I believe it is too soon after the game with most people on buses or trains. But it would die on it's arse in another time slot so you can't win.

This will be my last post on the subject - I'm amazed this keeps running. If you are going to appear on radio - you shouldn't be concerned with individuals views. As long as you are pleasing the majority then you should be happy. And that seems to be the case. But don't expect me to suddenly start liking him and do not accuse me of doing something I haven't done and which you have done yourself.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Harty keep spouting the usual bollox about Thatcher, Hammerettes and asking for women callers. It gets me so riled that i forget how poorly we played!!!

Women callers? Why so pc? We just want to hear from someone who knows what they're talking about, not someone who likes Jonahs new hairdo. To me they don't ring cos they don't know what to say.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Saint Lennard you would have loved Jonah's new white boots on Saturday, very dandy!

Look, you have a choice.

either
Switch him off becasue you don't enjoy what he does.
or..................
Listen to him, and if you want to make a point, phone him up (blimey, it might even impoove the quality) instead of griping on here.

now sit down and shut up.:angry:

To Harty
We do NOT want the anondyne muck that has turned 6-0-6 into a an apologetic pale shadow of its former self.

do not take ANY notice of these moaners - its the most entertaining show on the radio - its all about BHA and it makes me laugh (sometimes unintentionally)

Last edited:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
LEWES CLIFF said:
Wish id have kept quiet now!!:shootself
Lets see if this weeks show makes me roar instead of snore!:angel:

Keep it to the albion and we will all be happy

When are DK or MP next on?

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Firstly I don't think anyone was questioning his love of the Albion or what he knows about football.

It's the quality of the phone in that's the problem!

The main problem is who ever screens the calls before hand lets some really crap people through!

People were talking about when John Byrne did it a while back and I have to say he did a great job. Rather than directed the converstion his way he let the caller make their point and followed it with good questions rather than shite about cheerleaders! He seams to get rid of people quickly when they didn't have anything interesting to say like the old lady who called up just to say how nice it was to hear him on the radio!

And the constant call for Woman callers does my head in every week! If they want to call in they will!

But then I've never called up so I suppose the argument that it's only as good as the callers is valid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here