Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Hart, for f***'S SAKE

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
London Irish said:
I thought as much. It didn't sound the kind of thing you come out with Yorkie given that you've already pledged for the appeal.

It was someone having a whinge about "passing the begging bowl" and then having a pop at the "commercial department".

SCR should really keep a record of hoax callers and ensure such numbers are banned from contributing to the phone-in.

I intend contacting Harty. I think text messages will have to be kept to the actual content rather than the 'name' of the person who sent it.

There were some stupid ones allegedly from Bianca last year.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
BensGrandad said:
How do you do that with Pay as You go Mobiles.

The number still shows up

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
BensGrandad said:
But you can change it by buying another sim card for a couple of pounds and then the number changes.

Would anybody be that desperate for a fan's phone in? :rolleyes:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yers if you wanted to stir up s..t or slander somebody it would be worth the couple of quid to remain anonymous and untraceable.

Do not drug dealers do the self same thing so that they cannot be traced via a particular phone.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
From Martin Perry to drug dealers what a thread........

First up I don't bleive Chirs from Worthing is FG, SCR have his number and Colon would have phoned him back to warn him about swearing on the air and what could happen if he did it again.

My thanks to Martin for coming on and for agreeing to come on again on Saturday, when we will have a full hour to take calls and questions from supporters.

So what came out of last night's show?

The very fact that Dick Knight is prepared to listen to anyone, even Mr Purdew, and would also be prepared to give up control of the Albion tomorrow if it was for the good of the club.

The players 'offered' to pay the £50 each towards the Reading Hotel bills.

The club feel they are not overstaffed.

There could be a share issue once we get to Falmer.

Toads Hole Valley is ruled out as a stadium site.

Not bad for the pile of crap it been depicted as by some 'fans' on NSC.

Looking foward to Saturday and hopefully calls from the likes of Safeway and Kev the Ape.

Yorkie said:
Would anybody be that desperate for a fan's phone in? :rolleyes:

Exactly what I was thinking. It is sad that someone felt the need to do that last night, though. Thought we'd been through all that with the Bianca business last time.

BG, drug dealers work with thousands of pounds, therefore it is worth getting a new phone every few months or whatever. Hardly the same as causing a bit of mischief on a local radio phone-in.

Harty, I think you're being a little over-sensitve again. At no point on this thread has anyone described your show as "pile of crap". Read my apology on page 4: "I DO think the phone-in idea is excellent, and getting Martin Perry on as to be applauded". I would also bet good money that everyone on this thread is far more of a fan than that dickhead last night. Just because someone offers criticism, it doesn't mean they don't like the show and it DEFINITELY doesn't mean they're any less of a fan.

If I'm about on Saturday afternoon, and feel I have something worthwhile to say, I will call in. :)

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Well done to Martin Perry for keeping his cool and answering every question with a well thought out answer. I think I would have come out with some "choice" words when that bloke started going on about asking Roman Abramovich to buy the club because "he lives in Sussex."

Lush

Mods' Pet
There was an interesting discussion when someone suggested that the club is overmanned and cuts could be made.

Martin Perry pointed out that all the administration involved in taking over the running of the stadium etc from Ecovert - personnel recruitment, wage paying, supervision etc - had been absorbed by the club, effectively saving us £250,000. He truly felt as though everyone was already working to capacity.

And this IMHO is the problem with the idea that "the club" should be doing something." That effectively means that SOMEONE at the club has to give time to - eg sorting out sponsor forms, printing or photocopying them, sending them out to kids, making sure the money comes in, sending out thank you letters.

Surely that the kind of thing that a motivated supporter could do? (Think School PTA).

I think the club is genuinely interested in ideas, but at the end of the day they will have to work out which ones are going to bring in the maximum return for the effort. A Fatboy Slim concert that could raise £X00,000? Or a sponsored walk that may raise a few hundred quid but cost as much as that to organise in staff time that could be more usefully spent.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I think people do enjoy the show, but people really should be cut off when they start taking the piss and wasting MP's time. That bloke who was banging on about getting money off Abramovich, despite this being illegal, and claiming the Albion season tickets are more expensive than any in the Premiership (Chelsea? Tottenham?) was doing just that, and was allowed to go on for far too long.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Listening on the way home last night I was particularly annoyed by the person who suggested that we give up on Falmer because it is too far from Brighton and the Directors would be ok as they would have their parking spaces right at the ground.

I'm sure many of you travel much further than me for home games but for the games I can get to I make a 60 miles round trip and there was him moaning that it was too far away

As for the season ticket holder who was working over the weekend the play off tickets went on sale - ASK FRIENDS/FAMILY TO QUEUE - and tickets were still being sold in the week leading up to the game so don't waste our time

I thought it was an excellent phone in and looking forward to Saturdays

Also for the Andrew Hawes moaners - He has put his hand in his pocket - respect for that

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
I listened to most of it and thought the following;

That Chris bloke did a fantastic job of shooting himself in the foot when he lost the plot and started swearing. Any credibility he had vanished in that instant. Ha ha you twat.

Martin Perry did well to keep his cool and answered most questions pretty well but I wasn't convinced by all of it, especially the players £50 bit, he was floundering on that one and getting into semantics.

Harty does a great job and gets a lot of stick for letting people rant on. I'm sure if he cut them off that people would then start moaning abot him being a hatchet man for the club and not letting them have their say. Let them rant on Harty, at least it gives twats like Chris a chance to self destruct.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Some of the comments on last nights show really did defy belief - it would be funny if it wasn't actually so frightening, the fact that these people are walking around openly in our towns and cities with these thoughts and opinions swimming around in their craniums. In fact, I found some of last nights callers profoundly disturbing.

"Dick Knight meets up with chairmmen of other clubs, right ?"
MP: "Yes, we both do"
"Well why don't he ask that Ryan Abrimmybov for the money for Falmer"
MP: "I'm sorry, who ?"
"That Rohan Ammarrovich. Instead of asking the fans, why not ask him ? He could give us an interest-free loan."
MP: "Well, quite apart from the fact that its against League regulations, why the f***ing HELL would the Chairman of Chelsea football club give us 24 million quid to build our stadium ? Now get the f*** off the phone and go and take your pills you utter SPAZ"
(at least thats what I was willing Martin to say).

and the other fella...

"I think you've gone into a cul-de-sac with Falmer. Its too far away. Supporters won't want to travel all that way to watch the team"
:shootself

Colon, where do you FIND these people ?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I turned off before the phone-in as recent times they have been complete shit, Harty you need to sort it out as you get complete morons on there all the time and yet even though they say completley ridiculous things you let them carry on, wasting airtime for people who KNOW what they're talking about.

Oct 5, 2003
"Dick Knight is prepared to listen to anyone" shame he didnt listen to Everton and get some proper money for Zamora and we'dve had our 2 million +

shorty

Jan 8, 2004
I thought Harty was scandulous by coming on the programme before the game and bringing up the issue of players being told the HAD to pay for hotel bill, why did he feel the need to do this?? it was a matter that should have stayed private between the club & players not for him to go sparking rumours without knowing the full facts, with regards to the phone in, it should be stopped, no offence to him but it seems to attract absolute idiots.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Beach Hut said:
Everyone is missing the real issue which is why can't the club lead off on this ?

You what?

The real issue is raising two point three million pounds.

The club have made a lead by asking for donations. Should kids be sponsored to do the walk. Maybe but it's nothing to get worked up about imo.

We, as fans, are now looking at ways to generate money for the club. That's all the matters.

Oct 5, 2003
and the fans should be asking why the chairman failed to take that same sorta millions off a premiership club prepared to buy our one and only real valued asset Bobby Zamora had our chairman acted on this we woodnt have the club desperate going cap in hand to its fans thatsve had enough already and as last nite showed interest/attendances are down

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Shut up FG, The adults are talking. Go and play with your Sticklebricks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here