Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Hart, for f***'S SAKE

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
It was great to have Perry on the radio and I'm glad he'll be on again on Saturday. Some of the bloody questions just made you cringe though! Martin answered them sensibly and well though so fair play.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
London Irish said:
It looks like our "commercial department" are becoming the off-pitch Charlie Oatway, every f***ing idiot's scapegoat.

:wave:

Evening LI, you keeping well?

Looking forward (in a bizarre way) to your love child Oatway coming back into the side, f***ing up as normal and being able to say, gleefully, "I told you so"

"Every f***ing idiot"...........don't hold back, paddy :ohmy:

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
It sounded to me that Perry got a bit flustered when he was asked about the Players paying towards there own Hotel Bills and he was very reluctant to give a straightforward answer,and in the end still didnt answer the question correctly.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
I am sure I'll get flamed for this but I shan't be sending £250. I simply can't afford it. For many people this equates to a week's wages. I don't blame the club for trying everything they can to sort out the financial problems and I wish them well in trying to raise the money. At the end of the day we all have a choice whether we want to go that extra mile to support the club. To carp on about it is not helpful - if you don't want to (or can't) then don't give, no-one is forcing you to

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have concerns why such a simple easy idea as handing out a sponsor form with the Junior Seagulls letter inviting them to lead the Falmer for all walk is missed.

It is not that hard to realise what an easy opportunity it is to raise money.

Several things impressed me about Martin Perry's performance.

1. He nailed the lie that had started on NSC that the players have been asked to pay £50 towards the hotel bill at Reading.

2. He defended the work of the Commercial Department at the Club, who have also been subjected to ridiculous accusations (again, from NSC users) of inefficiency.

3. He revealed that Purdew had never attempted to have sensible discussions with the Club, but confined himself to posturing in the media.

4. He continued to defend the way tickets were sold for Cardiff - particularly making the point that season ticket holders (like me) who wanted to see the game in a bigger party than we usually take to Withdean were able to do so, rather than have our arrangements messed up by a half-baked "priority" scheme that would have split our party up.

5. He lives in Oliver Reed's old house.

Kev the Ape

i am glad u made a appearance on the fanz phone in but why did samrah make no response. it would make kids get fitter and healthier walking with us on the falmer march.

Beach Hut said:
I have concerns why such a simple easy idea as handing out a sponsor form with the Junior Seagulls letter inviting them to lead the Falmer for all walk is missed.

It is not that hard to realise what an easy opportunity it is to raise money.
Why blame the Club, Beach Hut? The March is being organised by Falmer For All. Blame the supporters.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lord Bracknell said:
Several things impressed me about Martin Perry's performance.

2. He defended the work of the Commercial Department at the Club, who have also been subjected to ridiculous accusations (again, from NSC users) of inefficiency.

I was very pleased with the answer about getting bums on seats at Falmer but I stand by what I say about raising money - we can more than likely raise more if the Commercial Department lead the way and I think most fans would feel happier doing something to raise money.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
kinkygerbil said:
paul and heather

Sadly, whenever asked which football team he supports, the otherwise-legendary Macca tends to shrug off an entirely-unbothered "Liverpool and Everton" response.

The only thing that suggests The Beatles were less than godlike: they were all pretty much indifferent to football. . . *

Mind you, probably didn't work out too bad for them to devote their time to alternative pursuits, I suppose. . .

* EDIT: Except the cunning football ploy in Help! which lured Leo McKern's band of baddies into capturing all the Beatles except Ringo, the one they really wanted. . .

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here